Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’m not depending on them for anything. However I’m concerned they could get in the way or try stupid stuff.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74 at less they have a plan. So many cities do not. Yes there will be problems too!

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

74, hope springs eternal as they say and so let’s hope they don’t get in the way or do stupid stuff. We may come to find out soon enough. My guess is that none of their plans include a chapter on what to do with the good citizens of Philadelphia that head West out into farm country. You and like minded people who have thought this through may find yourselves the ones guiding the response of your small towns.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mtbiker,
    Now you’re talking about millions of people, the ones that threw snow balls at santa claus. They should all head for New Jersey.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

74, given the perceived level of education of most of the fine folks in Philly, it could be just a few well placed signs directing them across the bridges into NJ will solve that problem. Kind of merge Philly with Camden and then point them over towards Atlantic City. In all seriousness though, all of us in the Northeast need to think about the big cities and what their out-migrations might look like.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

96 hospitals in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania metropolitan area, This metro area includes Camden, N.J., and Wilmington, Del. With a population of approximately 6 million.

If each hospital has one ebola patient in the ER, every hospital will be shut down. In my county that is only two patients. Between me and Philly there are only a hand full of other hospitals not more than 10.

Theoretically 96 ebola patients could close every hospital to all other medical emergencies for 6,000,000 people.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Theoretically 96 ebola patients could close every hospital to all other medical emergencies for 6,000,000 people. – See more at: http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/do-the-math/page/2/#post-27019

This is why the they will shift the approach from the current level of heroics to save each ebola patient to just palliative care outside of the hospitals once a certain threshold in the ebola count is passed. Far too many people will die if hospitals start being closed off to non-ebola patients.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think we will all know where Ebola will be by the end of Dec. 2014 or beginning of Jan 2015. Another problem will be can all the hospitals withstand the financial hit of Ebola. Many people that are in the hospitals will leave the hospitals if there is an Ebola infected person there. We will see hospitals empty of patients.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Freedom: Good point. Add to the cost of treating an Ebola patient. I read they are assuming $1,000 per hour just to keep them, then you add the cost of meds, etc.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes Roadracer and then when every patient in that hospital finds out that there is an Ebola patient being treated in the same hospital as where they are more then 50% of the patients will leave that hospital. What will that cost the hospital? And then when that hospital is in the news how many will want to go there to be treated for something else? Zero my friend! No one will go there.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I read an interview of a hospital administrator stating that the cost of treating ebola patients in her hospital would put it in bankruptcy. The single patient in Dallas required 70 dedicated medical staff.

Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>Yes Roadracer and then when every patient in that hospital finds out that there is an Ebola patient being treated in the same hospital as where they are more then 50% of the patients will leave that hospital. What will that cost the hospital? And then when that hospital is in the news how many will want to go there to be treated for something else? Zero my friend! No one will go there.

On the up side the where be no wait times in the ER.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I just saw in the news that the 2nd Ebola patient one day before getting the fever she was on a flight so what is next? How many people may have been infected on that flight?

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I wonder how this will affect primary care clinics….. People with fevers may not go to the ER initially. I know the copay is much cheaper if my family starts at their normal Dr. and get a referral from him to the ER. We can’t be the only ones like that.

I use the VA so that is another scary thing where I don’t want to get sick. They will claim that a potential ebola patient has gastroenteritis or URI for their first visit to get them back out the door. One patient will go really wild in that sort of a virii factory.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

So I ran across this article today:
    105 being monitored for Ebola in Pa.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-pa-105-monitored-for-ebola-1028-20141028-story.html

Of course I had no idea that there were people in PA that had been in West Africa recently and were potentially infectious, but is only makes sense that there would be, because 150 people arrive each day from West Africa to the USA. Most likely they are all near Philly but who could say. How many are in your neighborhood? Bet you don’t know, and “they” won’t tell you either.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.