Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled, Not to argue whether guerrilla style tactics have a place, can win a battle or make a contribution in a war effort. We all know they do. Most of the wars you list including our own revolutionary war were won because of large troop engagements. Guerrillas would never have driven Cornwallis from Yorktown. It took a big army and the French navy to pull It off.

My basic point is, terror although frieghtening will not win a war. In a fight I might be scared, but I might be more pissed off then scared at the same time.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

74….

We will agree to disagree about several of these points. Many of those on this list were mostly guerrilla war, however. I can live with smiling and nodding – I have been married for 20 years.

If it came down to any scenario where I was having to fight a larger force, I would definitely invoke terrorist type activity into my battles with that force. This is where my own person conflict takes place.

I don’t think that these people should be attacking our civilians, car bombing our embassies, beheading prisoners, etc. It is morally wrong in my mind and it makes my skin crawl….. THEN i think about what I would do to protect my family and what is mine. I would have no problems bombing places (not civilians – EVER), using guerrilla tactics, disabling vehicles, taking out LP/OP’s or guard towers, etc…. I wouldn’t even think twice about it if the choices were the life of my family or the life of my enemy. My enemy would lose EVERY time. Does that mean that I think ISIS is right or shouldn’t be drawn and quartered? NO. Heck, I would help interlace these guys into the ladder we drug through town.

My point is that guerrilla warfare does work as does the use of terror. It is a form of PSYOPS of sort. The US just got caught up in all Britain’s crap during WWII which made us the main focus of their anger even to this day. We should have just stayed out of that region or stopped Britain from dividing things up like they did. All said and done you can’t say that 9/11 didn’t change the US as a country….. That was a major win right there.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is why I think guerrilla style tactics will be used on the government by the people if the government tries to take control of the people. A collapse of the economy if it turns into a civil war of some type many will do guerrilla style tactics that are military veterans that have used guerrilla style tactics and have had others use it on them. This veterans will not be easy to control.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Freedom….

Like I said, ” It is morally wrong in my mind and it makes my skin crawl….. THEN i think about what I would do to protect my family and what is mine. I would have no problems bombing places (not civilians – EVER), using guerrilla tactics, disabling vehicles, taking out LP/OP’s or guard towers, etc…. I wouldn’t even think twice about it if the choices were the life of my family or the life of my enemy. My enemy would lose EVERY time.”

This redneck, bad attitude, veteran is still a great shot and has some sneaky-sneaky left in him if need be. Oh, yea.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

sledjockey, Rednecks made this country, they went to many wars for the freedoms and liberties that I and all the citizens in joy everyday. If the SHTF happens I will be on the lookout for the rednecks in my area to help them in anyway I can.

shadowfax
    shadowfax
    Survivalist
    member1

ISIS needs to be eliminated-totally

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

shadowfax, the problem is that they keep on changing there names, they are all the same Al Qaeda, ISIS, or what ever they call it, Hamas, or what ever. They keep going with another name. We will have to eliminate them just like we did Al Qaeda which means it is to a point. The middle east is just a big problem for 1,000’s of years.

I truly think that is the center of were WWIII will be and maybe the end of all wars.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled we can agree to disagree however, you WILL NOT compare ME to your wife! No matter how nice and always right she is, which a presume is 100% of the time. :)

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Harassment also wears down a force . That is being done in Ukraine . The NAF small units , use the term ” nightmare them ” regularly . What this means is to lob a few VOGS , or fire a few tank rounds into the Ukrops positions , for no other reason than to scare them , make them loose sleep , or otherwise interrupt any routine . To put them on alert so that they get tired .

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I agree Tolik. Like a smaller, faster, prize fighter, you just keep hitting them with quick hits and watch them exhaust themselves in their efforts to counterattack. The endgame is they leave, or you move in to land bigger, more devastating blows to your hapless opponent.

Profile photo of claymor
    claymor
    Survivalist
    member2

I really don’t think The U.S and the U.N are trying to defeat ISIS, they merely want to get them under control. After all, the U.S has supported the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt with tanks, jets, money and small arms. As Freedom stated, Al Qaeda, ISIS, Hamas, ISL are all one in the same, as the Muslim Brotherhood around the world goes.

Question: Why would we fund an organization in which we are trying to defeat?

Answer: We’re not trying to defeat them, it’s all for show, it’s called Grandstanding, a ploy to Awe the people.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Claymore, You are 100% correct. Its painfully obvious that we are not interested in defeating them. At this point no one is in awe, unless it is at the ineptitude or deception.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

claymor you are right we are not trying to defeat them. The government is not interested in that, they want it to continue so they can keep asking for more money for these wars. You remember the $1,000 toilet and the $500 hammer(Yea sure they really pay that) well that is one of many ways that the Pentagon gets its extra monies to do all there secret programs, more money comes out of all of these wars. The public is totaled that is cost billions but from every war they get billions of the top to use in these secret weapons programs that they do not want the congress or the people to know about.

So war is never going to end, they only like to control it so it keeps on giving.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

It seems that the only thing we succeeded in across the Obama and Bush years has been to remove secular dictatorships in the Arab world with Islamic fundamentalist groups that are worse by far. Despite their many faults the former dictators maintained some semblance of religious freedom whereas with the new radical Islamists there is no freedom at all. And we’re still at, now in Syria. Brutal as he may be, the Syrian people are far better off with Bashar al-Assad than they are with ISIS.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB, ever since all the dictator were removed the middle east has become all radical. This people only understand force.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.