Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Aayla,
    Personally I wouldn’t be opposed to public stoning in the town square for certain crimes.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

I haven’t said that. But basicly it is what you have been advocating.

Eh… what?

I’m not being silly… I don’t understand your remark. Seriously.

Please be more specific.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

then let the one who has no sin cast the first stone 74

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Felons should not be able to possess.” Whirlybird

Used to be in this country, long before any of us were alive, if a fellow got crossways with the law and went to prison, when he was relased, he was considered ‘square with the house’. His debt to society paid in full… His rights that were understandably suspended while he was in the Stoney Lonesome were restored in full. Period. End of story.” Malgus

This is a pretty diffinitive statement, it allows all felons exiting jails access to weapons legally regardless of the crime or disposition of the criminal. I don’t agree wth that concept. We have people leaving jails that should not be released, but that is a different problem to solve.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

namelus executing adulterers isn’t being discussed.

Profile photo of Aayla
    Aayla
    Survivalist
    member1

I’ve been mulling over the stuff you all said, and it brought to mind one of my newer friends who me last year that he had killed a man. I asked for the story, because he is calm and nice, and I couldn’t imagine it. He said that he came home one day to find that a neighbor had just raped his five year old sister, so without another thought, he got his gun, went to the guy’s house, and when the guy opened the door, he opened fire. I didn’t ask how old he was or how long he was in jail. He has built a successful business, and isn’t a rabble rouser. He’s the kind of man I really want with a gun. Justice should be swift. imo

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

you are throwing stones of what you think is reasonable to take people rights away with it is perfectly in line statement. how is disarming them any different than handing them a death sentence if they happen to be at the cafe with a gun man? you dont answer what if everyone armed.

as for the fact of voting for me in a shft world… i dont need your vote. in the current world that you had brought forth voting is a concern how can you trust someone you cant give a gun to to vote in choosing who can legally point a gun at you and take your stuff? with your logic criminals would vote criminals so very true now we end up back to exactly what is happening. how many people can get robbed with “fines fees or taxes” each day? much more than any gun wielder could get would you not say?

this is insanity to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result time to change how we deal with a problem. your way is do the same thing how is that going to change anything? you want your progeny’s world to be brighter look for a better solution you owe them that much.

the problem is you fear others think no one is capable of change no one is trust worthy other than a corrupt law system, when shft happens what really are you going to do live in a hole? not go out? everyone is armed. please think if changes are not done before many more will perish, those who trust and rely on you to keep them safe. Shoot first throw the stone you dont have enough anger hours or bullets to get them all. you tell a man i dont think you deserve a weapon after and you had better be able to enforce it and bet your life.

if everyone armed right now, country goes to hell atleast they will think before doing things that end in conflict because they can die. without that you will have people who have no skill no guns against the ones that do. in this we will lose many people you will need to rebuild.

you never said what crimes 74 would merit the no guns? same ones people would kill you for? then it is not really a problem is it. could you do it or would you have to look away as justice is done? maybe to your friends and family after all in this world in usa it is a crime “felon” as of dec 24 2014 to own a “weapon of war” as signed by your president with the UN treaty this summer.

you going to go and turn yourself in you criminal?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Namelus,
    Individuals that commit crimes intentionally, take their own rights away knowingly and willingly. Would you rob a bank and think there would be no penalties if and when you are caught?
    Criminals know that they give up legal rights and don’t care. I’m sorry if you think not allowing dangerous people to have guns is illogical. I believe that and I’m guessing, but probably most people don’t want psychopaths to own guns.

The remainder of your comments purportedly having something to do with what I think is just amusing.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ 74,

I stand by my statements.

Restore their rights. In full.

If they’re so dangerous that they cannot be trusted with their rights – all of them – then don’t release them.

From 1789 until 1968 – some 179 years – we survived just fine. The section that prohibits “felons” from voting, owning or possessing firearms, etc, is 18 U.S. Code § 922. This was adopted in 1968. Oh my, how did we ever survive without it?!?

If a person wants a firearm badly enough, they will get one. Even if they have to make one by hand.

And, if I may, let me toss a hypothetical your way, 74…

Let’s say the US Government declares that possessing a magazine that holds more than 5 rounds is forbidden and is also an automatic felony… would you a) turn yourself in at the nearest police station because you own several high-cap mags or b) hide your mags and shut up about them, never telling anyone you have them?

See, the hangup is what constitutes a “felony”. Just because the almighty Government arbitrarily declares that “X” shall henceforth be a felony does not make it so. You think in the entire history of the US, that nobody was ever railroaded into prison? You think that never happened?

Example: Two guns on the assembly line. One is made on Day 1 and is totally legal to own. The second one is made on Day 2, after some nebulous, arbitrary BS cutoff date set by the Almighty Government and will get you 5 to 10 years in prison if you’re caught with it… nothing different between the two, except one digit between the two serial numbers and that they were made one day apart… you think someone should be convicted of a felony for that? Strip them of their rights forever because of some dumb BS the government goons thought up?

You seem to trust the government, the cops and the court system…. I don’t.

Give everyone their rights back. Make universal carry mandatory. If someone gets violent, things will shake out and generally fix themselves… eventually, we will run out of violent jerks just through attrition…

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus,
    Fix the courts first, then maybe what you are precribing is reasonable. But we both know the courts are broken, and the political system is not capable of fixing the courts. In the mean time we are stuck with the morass created by leftist over the past 100 years. Post shtf? Well getting to a universally accepted judicial system seems far fetched. Tell me how this will be structured.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

For a felon coming out of jail to have there rights restored will not mean that if he wants to commit more crimes he will just get a gun off the streets. He will not buy a gun at a gun store were the FBI will know that the x felon is buying the gun. There will be a record. Criminals do not want a record of what they are doing. Also the guns off the street are cheaper.

I just think that all felons are not the same. If the felon went to jail because he used a weapon then no he lost his right for ever but not a felon in for drug use, DUI, white collar crimes. So there need to be different rules for different felons.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

A lot of different aspects of the issue here. Too many people are going to jail, particularly as a result of the failed War on Drugs, and the laws need to change. The system doesn’t differentiate between the many types of felonies when it comes to gun prohibitions and the laws need to change. Prisons release predators and psychopaths who should never walk free which introduces a judgement factor that society doesn’t know how to deal with. Two people go to jail for the very same offense and get the same sentence. One is rehabilitated or had extenuating circumstances of some sort and will not pose a danger to society when he gets out. The other remains a clear and present danger. Tools need to be developed to recognize and act upon the difference. Until all of these changes can be made we are left with the reality of the current situation which is unfair to some and looks to protect society from others. All of this will be moot come SHTF because in the absence of a vast criminal justice system industry should big govt. cease to exist, communities will revert back to old systems where justice was sure and swift and we wouldn’t be so worried about those who were released back into society.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ 74,

Well getting to a universally accepted judicial system seems far fetched. Tell me how this will be structured.

I’ll tell you up front, I’m no lawyer or expert jurist. Nor do I have all the answers… only some.

I can only observe what is broken and make suggestions for crude fixes…

First, we all know the court system – from the cops to the jailers – is rigged against the little guy. We can start by taking the incentive for personal gain and profit out of it.

- Civil Asset Forfeiture This is where the cops get to charge not you with a crime, but your stuff.

They can, have and will, stop people for any reason – or no reason except maybe a “feeling” – and if that person is found carrying an amount of money that the cop deems “not normal” (whatever that is) then they can legally steal your money and say “prove you got this legally, and we’ll give it back”… most times, the amount of money is less than what legals fees would be to get it back, so most folks don’t bother with the hassle. This IS armed robbery under Color of Law. And they get away with it, year after year. And because whatever they steal goes directly to supporting their agency (overtime pay, etc) the incentive is to go out and rob again and again… it’s in their best interest to do so.

Here… this guy is funny as h*ll, but he’s not wrong…

More to follow (jury nullification, for-profit prisons, jurist selection, etc..)

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Aayla, I would likely trust that person as well. I very casually know a guy who went to jail for manslaughter. He is a friend’s son and I am confident he has zero risk of recidivism. He was hunting and took a shot at what he thought was a bear, except it was man in dark clothing bent over picking some plant. He panicked and fled, and the man died as a result. He subsequently turned himself in, served his time, and then slowly began rebuilding his life in the same honest work for a living style he had before going to jail. It was a tragedy that should never have occurred and one that he made worse by panicking. In his case he paid what society deemed was the price of his crime and there is no chance it would occur again. The problem is that society and our laws don’t have any mechanisms to differentiate him from a drug cartel gang member convicted of manslaughter when it comes to their rights after serving their sentence.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Not picking on cops…

Just working my way up the chain…

- 1033 Program

This abomination needs to be ash-canned. Permanently. Peace Officers do not need up-armored vehicles, tanks, assault boats (yes, a municipality here in Kentucky actually got not one, but two RIB’s – Rigid Inflatable Boats – the kind the SEAL’s use…), grenade launchers, etc… the usual excuse is that they ‘need’ these things to combat up-armed gangs, because it’s so dangerous…. this, despite the very real fact that officers being shot and killed in the line of duty has been declining for decades and is currently at it’s lowest since 1970.

Cops are not the military. If you dress them like soldiers, equip them with military gear, give them up-armored military gear, with military grade weapons, they will begin to think and act like they’re in the military…

The infamous Zimbardo/Stanford Prison Experiment offers some insights into human behavior that backstops my above statement… just by dressing random students as prisoners and guards, they started falling into certain roles on their own, with no prompting whatsoever…

The experiment showed that one third of the guards began to show an extreme and imbedded streak of sadism…

Also – …none of the prisoners wanted to quit the experiment early, even when told that they would be denied their participation pay. The prisoners became institutionalized very quickly and adapted to their roles.

This isn’t downtown Kabul. You are not a Navy SEAL or an SF trooper or an “operator” – no matter what you and your buds call each other… you’re a cop. Dress and act the part.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.