Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled,
    The “Correctional System” is just part of the “Legal System” that has been destroyed. We’re not going back, it won’t be fixed by a new wave of younamit values. We got what we got until hell freezes. As far as agreeing with Malgus…well we all have a dark side.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I hear what you are saying Malgus about folks having paid for their crimes when they exit prison, and that’s good in theory but these days our prisons are chock full of gang members that have no intention of doing anything but resume their life of crime when they get out. I suspect in the old days folks like them would have just been hung and been done with it but that’s not what happens anymore. Where I would make exceptions are for those for whom their crimes were non-violent and did not include use of weapons in the committing of those crimes. White collar and regulatory crimes basically. I’m willing to consider that those folks have paid for their crimes when they finish their jail sentence and then be able to own guns again. For those convicted of violent crimes and crimes that involved use of weapons I think it is appropriate for their sentence to include a forfeiture of their gun rights in perpetuity. In that sense the period behind bars is just the 1st phase of their sentence. Very few of these people are ever truly rehabilitated.

I am also OK with seriously mentally ill people forfeiting their gun rights, but only with due process that clearly establishes their mental illness is at a level which warrants loss of their gun rights, not just a single mental health professional or police authority saying so. I realize this is a slippery slope, but the real world is a scarier place than the theoretical world in which everyone has unlimited rights.

Profile photo of Aayla
    Aayla
    Survivalist
    member1

I agree with all of that, but now that the U.S. has signed a treaty with the U.N. called the Disarmament Treaty, which goes into affect on Dec. 24 this year, in nine days, I am wondering what in the world will I do if they come to my door. Lying won’t work, and I’m not giving it to them. I won’t walk to the door with it , either, so what will I do? I don’t expect them to knock and be polite. I expect them to kick down the door to search. I’m a 77 year old woman and live alone. What will I do? I have no idea! What is your plan?

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Aayla, nobody is going to come knocking on your door just because the UN wants Americans disarmed. Not going to happen. If they did try it would set off Civil War II.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, I rather have the criminal buy the gun in a store were they will do the background check and now we know he or she purchased a gun. These guys will get a gun no matter what. Also if they are about to purchase the gun it may stop them from buying stolen guns.

I think we can keep a better record of them this way to. Remember they can get any gun they want in the streets.

Profile photo of Aayla
    Aayla
    Survivalist
    member1

Exactly!! I believe we are headed for an uncivil war. No war is civil not matter what it’s called. Yuri Bezmanov talks about the pathway . https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G2tUH9wDQco

He says Demoralization~ done
    then, destablization~in progress
    next, Chaos ~ building
    followed by~ force of martial law or civil war.
    Finally ~normalization…which will not be the former normal.
    Check it out and see what you think of his presentation.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Malgus – “Snackbar”, took me a few. Should have known!
    Ex-LEOs (law enforcement officers) – I believed folks should be given a second chance. Then I had a team of “Trustees” come out and work at my place for a couple of years. What I learned: Offenders (cons, inmates) only care about how they can get over John Q Public, make meth from batteries and come up with ways to hurt the others in jail/prison.
    Screw them!
    Others – “Operation Choke Point”, Eric Holder’s DOJ operation to use banks to do a de facto arms control. Strong-armed banks and such to do the same to anyone/company in the arms business.
    ….better stop now or I will pop a fuse!
    Robin

Profile photo of hillbilly chic
    hillbilly chic
    Survivalist
    member2

There are a great set of books called, the foxfire book”,printed thru anchor books,they have plans on how to make your own weapons,bore and all,others a series ,lot of good subjects,to be self sufficient,most any area,old home stedders,pioneer ways of doing things,I’m not sure if there still available in print but the library of congress will have it,invaluable information,funny read too.

Profile photo of Vep
    Vep
    Survivalist
    member4

If someone commits murder, hang them, if they commit a robbery imprison them, etc.

However, what is happening now is that for literally every offense the person is given a life sentence to belong to an untouchable caste within our society. That is utterly wrong and against everything this country was founded on. At some point you have to take the moral high ground.

People behave the way they do in prison because of the culture there. They adapt or they get chewed up and spit out. Once out, their sentence should be up, they should be freed, and 100% of their rights restored. If they cannot behave again, then send them back to jail for any crimes they commit.

Keep in mind that the USA now has a larger prison system than the old Soviet Union. Some figures from Amnesty International I saw many moons ago estimated that about 1/3 of everyone in US prisons is outright innocent of what they are in there for. Over 90% of the convictions in this country are plea bargains because people cannot afford to fight the system, and prosecutors can lie with impunity just to rack up a score card. There are also a whole pile of things nowadays which are felonies, many of them bureaucratic infractions.

What that says is that the system is hideously broken.

Profile photo of Aayla
    Aayla
    Survivalist
    member1

Good idea. Stealth….. I’m doing primitive skills, but for long range, the fartherest I can achieve is about 20 yds with a blowgun, which can be lethal ~` darts made of shishkabob scewers and thistle down. When I was younger, I could throw knives and hatchets pretty good….could practice that too, I suppose. Stealth is good, I think. In ‘hide and seek’, the one who moves first looses. I’m thinking about how it is when you work with horses. They pack a lot of weight and force, but you are in control when you get into their heads. Haven’t made spears or atalatals yet. Or a bow….May be good winter projects, and skills to build. I don’t want to depend on an endless supply of ammo, or the noise of a g u n.
    Primitive stealth may not be such a bad idea.It would be unexpected, huh? I’ll watch more of those historical Korean films of war. They were pretty fierce.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

They never write laws they do not intend to use, only question is when.

As for concerns about gang member and gun isnt that a moot point? I have yet to see one need a licence to own one.

As for war on drugs look at the numbers over 400,000 swat raid for drugs and climbing, would that be practice against other people you wish to disarm?

Prison is a racket, it keeps few rich, lots in cycle of poverty and most of the ” dangerous criminals” are loose they only keep the non violent drug offenders to be slave labour check it out if you dont believe me. There are tons of info sites to sit your personal leanings but two facts remain/ crime is dropping but more people are going to jail.

why government is not your friend

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Everything being said is great but we are stuck with the current state of affairs. I must say again the idea that criminals will revert to acceptable behavior after a turn in jail is wishful thinking.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ 74 (and others)…

Rearming recidivis criminals is not such a great idea.

I know this might sound like a cop-out on its face, but trust me, it’s not when I say “It depends“…

What it depends on, is the nature of the felony the individual was locked up for.

Like I mentioned before, a great deal of “felons” are convicted and locked up not for criminal violations of the law, but of violating the “regulations” of some alphabet agency that “reinterpreted” it’s own guidelines to expand it’s own power. That, and for stupid stuff like owning a particular plant or weed… or that they decided – as an adult – to consume a particular substance.

You all might think it a contradiction, but it’s not. If someone axe-murders an entire family, then execute him. Same for child molestation, treason, etc… But if someone wants to ferment some leftover corn and brew up some ‘shine, well, why throw that guy in prison or convict him of a felony? If I want to consume a particular substance, and I am an adult, who gets to tell me what I can and cannot consume? So long as I do it in the privacy of my own home or on my own land, who cares? I am hurting no-one..

If we could keep dangerous people off the streets in the next iteration whatever that might be ok. But the idea criminals do there time and come out of the can cured and ready to re enter society as good little plebs is laughable.

I never said beans about “curing” anyone… I said their debt was paid and all their rights that were necessarily suspended were reinstated upon release. I never said one word about their character.

I reiterate – if a person is so dangerous that they cannot be trusted with all their rights out amongst the larger world, then we have no business releasing them in the first place.

Alternatives? Execution. Banishment. Life in prison. But only for capital crimes, not for stupid violations of some obscure regulation that some alphabet agency just invented on their own and didn’t tell anyone about…

Example: Someone makes a couple gallons of home-made hooch, gets busted and tossed into prison for a couple years. Is that going to help anyone? Not one damn bit. He’ll only come out a worse (or better, depending on your viewpoint) criminal. The only thing that will help is to decriminalize what he’s doing. You would have thought we learned our lesson back during Prohibition….

Edit: What about a guy – or gal – who wants to grow a few pot plants on their land? For their own consumption, on their own time, in their own home… they have no kids, so who cares? Not my business to tell anyone what they can or cannot consume…

Or what about hemp? Used to be, they made rope and clothing out of it. It was so profitable and useful, George Washington grew acres of it. It’s distantly related to the marijuana plant, but has so little THC in it, you’d have to smoke several 100 lb. bales of it simultaneously just to get a buzz… but, that doesn’t matter to our Nanny State handlers… you grow it, you go to prison and George Washington be damned…

You ever hear about the first person arrested in “The War on Drugs”? He was a doctor. A medical doctor. Dude got caught with ONE puny joint of dirt weed on him and they threw him in prison for 10 years.

10 years. For having a tiny amount of some stuff that grows along the side of the road…

His life was OVER. Lost his license, lost his family, lost his livelihood… This is justice?

And what about criminals who are given the option of joining the military or going to prison? It still happens, to this day it still happens.

So, instead of sending them to prison, we train them to kill professionally and put military grade weapons in their hands…

You see a massive contradiction here?

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus,
    Those are all good examples but not of recidivis. There’s really no argument here. We just aren’t where what you are describing can happen.

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

I am completely against gun registration because I am of the firm belief that it will end up leading to confiscation. History had proven that, time and again. The only people that will register their guns will be the law-abiding folks that have taken their share of the kool-aid. We all know that the criminals will not be registering theirs. I guess that if I owned any guns, I would have to be one of those criminals. Not only would confiscation lead up to being defenseless when the other criminals came to take my stuff, but I think here in the Midwest that it would lead up to an ecological nightmare.
    In my state we have deer, lions, turkeys, grouse, pheasents and other wild game. Each year, the Game, Fish,and Parks regulates how many of each may be harvested in order to control the species so they don’t over populate the available habitat. If left unchecked, soon the deer population would overtake the amounts that they could consume and massive starvation would ensue.In the meantime the ranchers would find themselves feeding the deer and antelope with their corn crops and grass that their domesticated animals need to survive. Also the lion population would increase because there were more deer to feed on. I can think of few things that would cause me more panic than to meet a lion , when I was feeding my animals, without some means of defending myself. This not something that would happen overnight but over several years. We have had several instances over the past years when lions have come into a town because there was not enough to eat in their natural habitat. They were dispatched by a gun, some by John Doe Citizen and some by the Police. Some were tranquilized by GFP but most did not wait for them to get there. This is not going to occur during my lifetime, but if guns were confiscated, then I would have to advise my children and grandchildren to get themselves a fly-swatter with an extra long handle to threaten the lion that if he didn’t behave, I will spank him. I guess that would work with the two-legged predators as well, huh.
    Rant is over, Iwill now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcasting. Ron S

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.