Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Malgus wrote:
    As far as the whole immoveable object thing, when I achieved 2nd dan (as far as I ever went), we had some visitors, to include one of those 90 lb females. “No contest”, I thought. I ended up face down, sucking chalk dust off the mat thanks to the humiliating lesson she taught me. My own hubris defeated me before I even started…

So THAT is why you wear the bag… ;)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

MountainBiker wrote:
    In Massachusetts, they already maintain a registry of all guns, including private transfers. I’m sure there are old guns that people have that pre-date the registry plus of course the illegally owned guns but most are in the registry at this point. In addition, every time a gun license holder moves, they must notify the local police of the town they are leaving, the local police of the town they are going to, and the State. Even if you move within a town, you have to notify the local police and the State. I had to notify the local police and the State when I moved to Vermont. Fortunately VT doesn’t do any of that stuff so there wouldn’t have been anyone up here looking for my records. Some of my gun owner friends in MA look wistfully at me up here. This is why my son will be moving to VT too. There are many common handguns that cannot be sold or owned in MA. The State maintains an approved list, the State Attorney General being the person who grants approvals. MA has a very low rate of gun ownership.

Hence, the appropriate moniker,

MASS-HOLES! :D

(for the pols, not to good folks)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of hillbilly chic
    hillbilly chic
    Survivalist
    member2

I think an unarmed population is a people on the verge of tyranny,any govt.that wants to disarm their own people can have nothing but bad intentions,its that simple ,common sense dictates unarmed can’t even defend their own selves or nation from foreign invasion,so the only truly logical conclusion is,a govt.that disarms their citizens has bad intentions of domination,tyranny. I learned as a very young child how vulernable anyone is that’s unarmed,have carried a weapon almost literally as long as I can remember,I’ve never regretted having it,but the few times I didn’t I truly , luckily,survived to regret it,there are few things in life more valuable ,maybe 3,food water,family,god,country,freedom to have and enjoy all the above comes with a price,being able to hold on to these things requires a willingness to fight for them ,against people that you can’t talk to ,reason with,or otherwise desuade,a weapon is a levler of the playing field,the willingness to use it only if needed a requirement if you value life, liberty and the freedom to enjoy it,I will try all other means if possible,but faced with blind hate for me or my family’s lives I will not hesitate,I will not shoot to wound ,I will kill ,run if possible,yes,if you back a dog in a corner it will either cowl or fight,humans aren’t that different in that respect,if its them or me ,its going to be them to the best of my ability,if that makes me a bad person in someone’s eyes ,sorry, I’m too old and lived too long to lay down and let someone simply give someone my life I’ll make them take it ,if and when its over and I survive and they don’t ,I’ll do my crying ,and try my best to let it go ,a clear conscience doesn’t mean there’s no sorrow for the taking of a life but if its them or me they thought they could afford to take that chance,it would be forsed on me ,I’m for me and mine,every time.

Lone Eagle
    Lone Eagle
    Prepper
    member3

We’ve all heard the moniker: Gun control works. Just ask [insert list of evil dictators here]. History is an excellent teacher, if one would only listen.

That said, how many here could make their own firearms/weapons if need be? I had a guy teach me the “art” of making black powder(BP for short) and weapons. Unlike modern powders, true BP(not the Trip 7 or modern BP) generates less pressure, and is more forgiving. A few years ago, I got into kit building. You can find both rifle and pistol kits, and they do not fall under the current definition of firearms in the US. For the rifle kits, the stock is the bulk of the work, finish sanding, bedding the action, and finishing the wood. Most pistol kits have the grips already finished/fitted. Assembly can take as little as an hour(most pistols) to days(depending on how wild you go on your rifle). The upside is they are rated for modern BP products.

I also learned how to reload most any shell with BP and a few paper caps or a strike anywhere match head for a primer. Smelly and smokey….yep. Effective? Yep. The downside is it renders most modern semi-autos a straight pull bolt action. I’ve shot some BP through my AK, and it simply cannot generate the pressure needed to cycle the action. The upside is all that power is going into pushing the bullet, making it slightly more accurate. For now, I simply use it for my wheel guns and a couple of BP kits I built.

Never challenge a man who has nothing left to lose.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ RGR

:)

I have eaten my share of Crow and Humble Pie in my day…

About the time you start saying to yourself “Yeah, I’m a bada$$/awesome/the best” is usually about the time when Life/Karma/The Universe lays a smackdown on you.

Daddy, rest his soul, tried to tell me “No matter how bad you think you are, somewhere there’s someone badder than you.”…. of course, me – being the type who has to stick his hand in fire to see if fire is hot – actually had to go out and get pounded a few times before I learned that lesson…

True story: Was in a bar with a couple friends and we saw this little dude being picked on by two big guys (no, it wasn’t us). The little dude just wanted to be left alone. He gets up to go to the Men’s Room and the two big corn-fed guys follow him… couple minutes later, the little dude comes walking back out, alone and all tore up. The corn fed guys didn’t come out at all. Turns out Little Dude was a SFC in 1/10th SF and he just whupped the crap out of those two big ole boys… left them laying in their own fluids on the Men’s Room floor…

Which is why I don’t pick fights with people I don’t know… only a fool picks a fight with an opponent of unknown skill.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Lone Eagle,
    If the time comes that you are using BP you can make the action work by replacing or modifying the recoil spring. A weaker spring that will still close the bolt reliably is all you need. The AK is a good choice for a BP semi since they will run dirty.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, After reading all of your post my friend I have to agree with you. I remember watching a lot of cowboy movies as a kid I loved them and remember very clearly how a criminal did he’s time in jail and the minute he finished his time the sheriff would hand him his gun back, he completed his time. This is a great point you have made on your post.

We need to remember this. Freedom is very valuable that needs to be defended at all time.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ freedom,

Perfect example of “gun control” going on right now in Australia…

One lone Hadji with a pump action shotgun has taken hostages and everyone’s freaking out… of course, Australia has made it so difficult to own firearms – and no way do they allow concealed carry – that an unarmed populace is guaranteed… dude can do pretty much whatever he wants.

The problem with a society that has laid down its arms, is that the first guy to pick them back up again has total power over everyone else…

Of course, TPTB will repeat the mantra “Don’t do anything. Give the bad guy whatever he wants. The police will deal with them.” etc, etc…. small comfort to those with a gun to their head… or those already dead…

I’m sure if Hadji tried that in Texas, or certain other places, he’d maybe get out one “SNACKBAR!” before being ventilated several times…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ok wait up a second. Rearming recidivis criminals is not such a great idea. If we could keep dangerous people off the streets in the next iteration whatever that might be ok. But the idea criminals do there time and come out of the can cured and ready to re enter society as good little plebs is laughable.

Profile photo of Vep
    Vep
    Survivalist
    member4

If someone is out on the streets, they can get a gun if they want to, law or no law. If they are too dangerous to be trusted with a weapon, then they should not be on the street. If someone has completed their sentence, then 100% of their rights should be immediately restored. All these laws do is to start marginalizing segments of our population, creating a permanent underclass that is against the fundamentals of freedom.

These laws are a large part of why people who have been permanently marginalized often commit more crimes, because they are permanently treated like a criminal. It’s only been since the 1968 Gun Control Act that much of this nonsense has occurred. Have things gotten better since then?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

re·cid·i·vism
    \ri-ˈsi-də-ˌvi-zəm\noun

:a tendency to relapse into a previous condition or mode of behavior; especially :relapse into criminal behavior

First Use: 1886

Sorry to say but this is an old old problem. Not something that is a function of new societal pressues or laws. I’m sure this is as old as mankind.
    We don’t keep dangerous people off the streets and we aren’t going to until the new great society is born through fire, (or whatever). We don’t put mental cases away any more either and I doubt new facilities are created to house them in our life time.

Profile photo of nwlawman
    nwlawman
    Survivalist
    member1

As a retired law enforcemt officer I carry. I am retired only because of a work related injury and was let go because of that. Due to my injury I carry because I am no longer able to engage in hands of combat. We had a saying in the academy that you never pick a fight with an old man because he will probably kill you. The gun is now my equalizer and it is for personal and family protection against not only the unsavory but for protection from unfriendly animals as well as I cannot run away from an encounter due to having a total knee replacement. there are as many reasons to carry as there are individuals carrying them. Be safe.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum nwlawman!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

We had a saying in the academy that you never pick a fight with an old man because he will probably kill you.

Good saying Nwlawman!

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

@Selco and Nwlawman:

Nice saying. My grandfather used to say (and now overused by my father), “Old age and treachery will overcome youth and exuberance every time.” Of course it is a modified proverb, but since it was along the same lines I thought add it here.

I think I would have to agree with Malgus on many things that he said…. Which kind of scares me a bit. Even with regard to the criminal thing. If we actually made prison a place where it was a punishment and not a boot camp to make criminals better, it might actually work. Now someone coming out of prison is just a better criminal that society shuns, thus forcing them back into criminal activity to earn a living. It is a horrible cycle that we have created.

As for gun control, it is as most have said. It is the government’s way to turn citizens into subjects.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.