Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

A reminder, there are less than 800, 000 active duty cops in the entire US.

Let me give a few inside tidbits of information.

SHTF, they will not be banding together to do anything but protect their own families, bluntly most cops aren’t that fond of their coworkers in many cases.

Of all the guys I worked with, I keep in contact with three. And one is business related. You ain’t getting a group of stormtroopers out of that.

You try and enact revenge for cousin sullys being put away because he’s a pedophile, you will get more than you bargained for, but realistically the cops will be laying even lower than usual.

Why? Because they are the closest thing to a .gov representative available to blame. And worse yet, thousands of idiots will expect the cops to abandon their families and go find great aunt suzy and her cat.

Those that do go out or are foolish to stay on the job too long will be subject to the same attacks that happen daily in South Africa, where cops are ambushed daily for their weapons.

Bluntly again, you’d be better served by getting to know your local cops, so they know you’re not a bad guy. You’d be surprised how far that goes with LE.

Little story, some years back a little grocery owner in Chicago complained about the cops constantly. The cops knew this but still frequented his establishment. The store owner, we’ll call him Hal, was at work when one of the prowl cars spotted something suspicious at Hal’s house and went to investigate. The patrol officer was injured in the scuffle when he and the bad guy went down the staircase. The bad guy got away temporarily, but the cop was off for nearly 6 months.

Hal went to the cops house every weekend and mowed the lawn, never saying a word, but continued his rants at work. Couple of weeks later some punk tries to rob Hal when he is closing the store. Out of the darkness comes the wrecking crew and they proceed to teach the punk a lesson then take him to jail.

Hal asks where they had come from, and why they had done that, their response was simple. You’re part of the neighborhood. You don’t have to like us, but we’re still here for you.

Hal wasn’t really mad at the cops, he had gotten the shaft from the county and they were the obvious targets, they were available.

I know the story is true, I didn’t hear it from the cops either. My cousin worked for Hal many years ago and introduced us, he told me himself.
    Hal was known as a kind man, a stand up guy, charitable and everything good. He was respected by those around him.
    The entire squad from that precinct, retired or not showed for his funeral, because of who he was. And the rookies mowed the lawn until his wife moved into a retirement home.

They were part of the community.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, I do agree that 90% or more will go to protect there families in a SHTF collapse. I know some of them personally and they have total me that the most important thing is there family. Many may fight with the people.

Like I have been saying in many of my post that the problem the government has is the many that will become turn goats in a SHTF and fight any type of government control of the people.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

The question is: what do you do? Whether it’s a legitimate government force, a rogue force previously under government control, or outright imposters, does it make a difference? How would you react to the use of force or implied threat of force to sieze your property?

I think its important to understand the overall situation and draw a line for yourself. At some point everyone who wants something becomes an enemy. The question is when and that is so dependent on many local factors that just common sense and good judgement can help to answer this.

It might sound weird but the benefit of living in a country with corrupt police and military forces is that you know that you can draw the line pretty early on in the game. Where I live, even in normal times, the police and military run the show. We do not have mafia or organized crime because police and military take care of that.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

“Where I live, even in normal times, the police and military run the show. We do not have mafia or organized crime because police and military take care of that.”

There are two ways that can be understood, which I suppose was your intent. :)

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Yeah the corrupt gov doesn’t like competition. Lol

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Yep, they dont let gangs in on the profits. They have divided the different areas among themselves though. Drugs are handled by the police while illegal logging is military business for example.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Lone Eagle
    Lone Eagle
    Prepper
    member3

Excellent points by all. However, rogue cops will be the least of your worries. In the large cities/metros, many will be cannon fodder in the first 24-48 hrs after reality sets in. Most grocery stores in America only carry 3 days of supplies(used to be 7). Once the shelves run dry, then pandemonium will ensue. If you want an example, search, “EBT not working”. That was a fun 24 hour freak show.

The rural areas will have more of a heads up in some areas. I live rural, and commute into town to work. I made it a point to memorize each and every route in/out of the area in case of GTFO. We practiced several scenarios, but you can’t be 100% prepared 100% of the time.

Some rural areas are tight knit here. In my town, there is one church, and 90% of the townspeople attend. They may not remember your name, but they do remember a face. Oh…..and we are a firearm friendly church, so don’t get the idea of raiding during a service, either. Whole “sheep and sheepdog” thing. We not only help one another, but also watch each others backs.

Never challenge a man who has nothing left to lose.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Hahaha yeah I know a few churches that would be a bad idea to attack around here. One in particular I am thinking of would take at least 30 seconds for the clicking sounds from the safeties going off to stop. Lol

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

USA will have it’s own unique makeup, but what Selco and Jay are promoting here is forethought and being prepared for the unexpected. I agree with Free, many .GOV employees will fly the coop when the illegal orders come down. I’m sure even some of the newer “3 Letter Word” folks will abscond with as much gear, ammo, firearms, vehicles and fuel as they can drive off with. Even the Black Folks are mighty pissed about “O” at this time, and it seems only the Muslims and Illegals are happy…

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Agree undeRGRond, This doesn’t look good for the gov. I think this is why we hear about maybe the UN. We will see.

Profile photo of PainRemedy
    PainRemedy
    Survivalist
    member2

well rural living is way safer then being in the city i currently live in a small town covered in farms and i can tell you that we are going to be one of the first targets since we do grow a lot of food. my plan is honestly leaving. i have a plan to move a few miles off of a small lake in the mountains near us. the lake has less then 400 visitors annually and it wont get much traffic if SHTF and im with in a days walk to 3 towns and the ocean if need be. when it comes down to who do you trust? no one. shouldn’t even be a thought about it, there are many fake people in today’s life and im more then positive that there will be double maybe be even triple that when the STHF.

Survivors aren't always the strongest,sometimes they're the smartest, but more often than not they are simply the luckiest.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

At some point everyone who wants something becomes an enemy. The question is when and that is so dependent on many local factors that just common sense and good judgement can help to answer this.

Good point, and very important one.
    People often forget that everyone outside your family-group can ( will eventually) become enemy. It is only matter of time and seriousness of SHTF event.
    Few days may look like camping, people trying to help each other, but after few weeks or months when resources become rare rules change.
    Your neighbor who was your good friend would like to see you dead much more then to see his kid dead.
    It is choice.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Agree with Selco on your neighbors, you just need to remember this when the SHTF after the first two weeks.

Profile photo of ronym
    ronym
    Survivalist
    member5

it seems family and small group will easier us in the next 10 years
    in this world we will have two big group
    ( it’s mentioned in every holy book, so it’s not a strange idea )
    what ever their “job” is ( police, military, doctor, teacher, farmer,etc )
    but they are not as one entity or even one nation
    ( that’s why it’s hard just to make clear line )
    first group are good allied forces
    and the last are evil allied forces… who walk the path of satan
    if i am not wrong, i cannot find many satan “allied forces” in prepper community
    every human being cannot get away from sin, even big sin
    but we have some ethics ( or can we say God commandment )
    first…
    we will not turn to satan allied forces in our heart
    ( sometimes death threat can turn us become satan “army”,
    but in final battle we still have to choose …
    straight to hell… or going to heaven )
    second…
    we just want peace
    ( for satan worshipper, peace are not profitable )
    we prefer flee to avoid “contact” with other group
    third…
    we have some kind of “rules of engagement”
    opress or attacking other group without a reason are not in our dictionary
    we just defending our family and group ( or other group which attacked by opressor )
    fourth…
    we will not kill people just for fun… even if we have to
    for satan worshipper, killing and torturing human are some of their “ritual” to get more wealth, power, etc…
    even some of them keep their enemy body ( like skull, ear, etc ) for “souvenir”
    people with faith to God will not do that, whatever their religion is
    i am a muslim… our god ( Allah ) forbid us from killing people
    even in war, we are forbidden to cut enemy dead body, insult them or just torture them
    ( not only sinfully and evil deed, cutting dead body or insulting them are insulting God creation )
    ISIS are not representation of us
    and even ISIS are slaughering our mujahedeen ( jihad fighter ) in Syria, Iraq, etc
    that’s why ISIS are not only your enemy… they are also our enemy
    it seems rural vs city have somekind of interesting line or border
    which coincidentally separate this two big group
    rural area become peacefull place for believer of God
    and somehow city become dark evil place
    which worshipping satan in every place and moment
    it’s glamourous life full of usury or interest , full of brutal group ( gang, drug cartel ), sinfully deed ( adultery, etc )
    and have somekind of opressing gubernement, legalized by law
    so it’s not peaceful place for God believer
    maybe it can explain why prepper and God believer choose rural area for their next place to go ( if they still in the city )
    or protect it with their live
    if “city army” seize rural people’s property, force them make sinful deed, etc

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Or if the rural areas with food doesn’t help the good in the cities God may find the rural areas being sinful them self’s. I love God and he has not total me to go to rural areas. Has some people put the word of God that rural area is for believers? I do not think so.

There is 100 for every 1 God believing person in the rural areas, so is God not going to take care of the 99 in the cities that believe in him? There is much more God believing people in the cities.

Also rural areas just like cities have criminals, adultery, and many sinful people too. Some of the people that are coming across the border are from rural areas in there countries and may go to the rural areas to live and work on farms. Some are part of gangs.

So I would not sleep well just because you are in a rural area and think that all are God believers.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.