Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Authority & Stereotypes Post Collapse

Stereotypes can be dangerous, and can cloud our judgment. Sometimes we gonna get ourselves in danger because it, other time we could miss some opportunity.
    Often it can be seen in discussion about law enforcement people.
    What is your opinion?

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

That is a hard one to answer. Pre SHTF the stakes are not quite as high if you make a mistake in judgment but post or mid SHTF even small mistakes could cost you your life. I don’t think everyone is bad but in SHTF I’d rather be safe than sorry.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Selco, I think once there is a SHTF here in the U. S. law enforcement , military will use there power to take what they need for them self’s and there families. The rule of law will end. I posted this in the passed that rural areas have to be ready since the military knows that the cities do not have the food supplies they need. The law enforcement and the military knows that the food supplies comes from the rural areas so that is where they will go. They will not spend a minute in the cities with all the civil unrest and shooting that will be going on there.

They will go to the rural areas with all of there weapons ready to take what they need. All the preppers on all the forums, blogs and website have been posting the idea of going to the rural areas where they can hunt and grow tons of food. Do you think they have not read these post! Yes they have and they have all the public records of the owners.

So rural areas need to be prepared for what is coming there way.

Profile photo of Ogre206
    Ogre206
    Survivalist
    member2

I think when SHTF you will sure as hell see some impostors.
    raid jackets can be found online, and any douche with a gun and a navy blue button-up shirt and matching pants can pose as one.
    same goes for military most people think “he is wearing camo and has a rifle, he must be in the military”
    don’t be fooled and don’t cooperate (not saying resort to violence first thing) even if they turn out to be genuine.
    (because in USA the military will most likely send you to a FEMA camp)
    it will help to understand and recognize what kind of uniforms are used by your military (by that I mean the camoflage patterns)
    for example the military here used to use the M81 camouflage but don’t any more, that said you can find them at virtually and surplus store for $5
    so if I see a guy calming to a part of the military can could use ammo to help out his unit, I wouldn’t trust him

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Ogre if the military shows up at your place for your supplies they will not ask. They will not say we could really use your help. They will show up in force, maybe knock first and then TELL you they are taking your stuff. It will not be optional. If it is only a handful of guys and they are not in military vehicles you can guarantee they are fake.

Profile photo of Ogre206
    Ogre206
    Survivalist
    member2

^that is true about the real military.
    but Impostors (I’m pretty sure) will think that their implied status means something so they are more likely to ask.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

matt76 I know a guy two blocks from me that has a military vehicle so we have to be careful. They will come three or four of them in the military vehicle looking like they are military.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Of course impostors will be everywhere, especially in firs period when common folks still do not know what is happening and who is who, actually worst period is when people still thinking in old terms.

Profile photo of warpedrazorback
    warpedrazorback
    Survivalist
    member3

I think it’s impossible to predict human behavior on a macroscopic scale. In my experience, the military and paramilitary (as in law enforcement) communities in countries east of the Mediterranean are some of the most corrupt people I’ve ever encountered, and often openly so. I’d like to say all the things Selco has warned against: “Not here”, “We’re different”. I think to a large degree that may be true, but I also realize it’s only partly so. I have no delusions about the elements in our military and law enforcement communities who would take advantage of a disaster, especially a total collapse type disaster. I don’t think that’s even debatable.

The question is: what do you do? Whether it’s a legitimate government force, a rogue force previously under government control, or outright imposters, does it make a difference? How would you react to the use of force or implied threat of force to sieze your property?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I personally think that the military and police will have a harder time doing this in the cities since eveyone live close to here other the minute it starts happening everyone blocks away will know what is happening and will arm up ready to stop them from coming there way.

It will be easier the farther you are from someone that can hear you.

Profile photo of Cratershock
    Cratershock
    Survivalist
    member1

Excellent analysis. Cops are people and we should expect that many of them will use their power and tools of their trade to better their personal situation under extreme duress. Many of them in the USA are decent professional folks, but a large number of them are to be watched and avoided if SHTF.
    As for what happened recently in Ferguson, Missouri, the cop was doing his job and almost lost his life.

[Edit: the remainder of this post has been removed as insulting to some and offensive to many, and is a violation of the Rules at http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/community-guidelines/ .
    – Elijah [Moderator].]

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Crater, Your post will win you infamy.

Profile photo of warpedrazorback
    warpedrazorback
    Survivalist
    member3

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>I personally think that the military and police will have a harder time doing this in the cities since eveyone live close to here other the minute it starts happening everyone blocks away will know what is happening and will arm up ready to stop them from coming there way.</P>

I don’t think that’s quite the way things will happen. I’m not saying it absolutely won’t, but thinking as far back as Kitty Genovese and as recently as Ferguson, people who actually witness events most often avoid confrontation. They might record and report it to others, but they’ll usually do so from the safety of concealment. This is particularly true in the urban centers due to diffuse responsiblity: the assumption that someone else will take care of it.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

We have a strong Sheriff’s Department here. I have a Deputy about 5 houses down, and I have known he and his nephew since we moved here around 1968 or so. Really need to establish what the Dept. is going to do in the event of SHTF, as far as keeping order and other things. They are the only ones whom I might trust. Maybe…

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

warpedrazorback I know for a fact that here in the city if the military is taking or going into a house a block away many will get ready to shoot back at them. In the rural areas you may not even know that they are doing that since everyone lives fare away from each other.

The cities will be a war zone. FEMA will not be able to just take 3 million people in my city, what camp can hold all of South Florida. Also there are areas that there are shooting every night without FEMA coming in so can you see them come in here. There would be only hours before everyone knows what is happening.

No way they can do the military way coming in and try to take everyone guns away or food. It would be hell on the streets here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.