Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

…..or are u learning? What plan do u have to generate ‘income’ if needed if u lose yr current sources of income?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’ve gotten pretty D-good at flying my armchair!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I gotta learn that one 74…long way to go though! :)

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Most modern day careers will be useless come TEOTWAWKI. I’m recently retired from being Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer where I worked. That is of no value whatsoever in a post-modern world. My having some experience gardening and canning and having some hearth cooking skills is useful however. I was was well compensated in my career. That’s meaningless after the SHTF but being fit and healthy enables me to handle some of the physical rigor that we’ll all face after the lights go out. Beyond specific skills acquired on or off the job, there is also the matter of personality type. Can you handle stress? Think logically? Do you have the good listening and negotiating skills to be an effective communicator? Do you play well with others” MountianBiker

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Here’s my list top of my head:

– sharpen most tools fairly well
    – growing/canning/food preservation skills
    – now have horse drawn hay rake and sickle mower to cut and gather up grain crops
    – horse drawn cart(s) to transport stuff and semi-skilled at driving them
    – animal husbandry skills
    – basic solar charging station capable
    – moderately well versed in use of herbs for basic medical conditions
    – have separate, manual clothes washing station/set-up and treadle sewing machine/spare parts and know how to use them
    -lots of precut firewood now

That’s about what I got that I think I could barter with skill wise or generate income pre-dollar collapse if needed

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’m a jack of all trades, construction, fine woodworking, mechanics, logging, design, drafting, etc and have tools for just about everything. My trouble is one day of hard work equals two days of pain.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Still learning skills, always, but my main skill that I find most useful is medical skill. I am trying to learn as more as I can of useful stuff, food growing is now interesting for me.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ok Let’s see, I studied Medicine and only practice Medicine for 2 1/2 years as a Surgeon so I can help with small bullet shoots were there is not a large organ hit, muscle repairs, large cuts can stitch you up.

Then I stopped Medicine and became a developer on land and homes which my father was for a long time. As a developer I was at the sites hands on watching everything that every sub-contractor did for over 20 years.

When I was 14 years old my father owned one of the largest electrical contractors in the City of Miami, this was in 1970, so he would take me to the jobs and I learned just about everything electrical for homes and commercial construction. I worked next to plumbers, framers, A/C contractors and so on. You just can’t believe all that I know.

Right now I am remodeling the bathroom on my own, finished the plumbing, electrical, framing, and am at the A/C duck work. After that will be putting in the tub, then tile the bathroom and then install the toilet and the cabinet with the sink. The house is from 1923 so I just purchased 8 new windows which will be delivered in three weeks so will be a window man. Some would say I am a handyman but I see a handyman do not have the experience of more then 20 years of the pros doing things in front of you like I do and many of though pros would have me join them in the jobs.

Now in 1999 I got into the internet and started some online businesses in the retail and information areas, I had to close them down in 2008 as we know that year was a good one! But I am still in the internet domain names business. I have some ideas on how to develop websites with Dream Weaver Software and other software systems.

Also know English and Spanish which maybe helpful.

So there you go,that is what I know, apart from what I know about survival.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Well, I can pass on my tactical training to others. Teach them how to shoot, move, stay alive – how to fight. What works, what doesn’t.

Pretty good at designing and building things. Skills with metals and wood. Making tools. Making working drawings. If I got a blueprint and access to the right machines, then I can make it. If there are no machines, I’ve made things with a micrometer and a file before. Gunsmithing falls into this category.

Not so good at growing things. That’s more my wife’s purview. Which is weird, considering we live on a farm. We run cattle at the moment, so that’s not really “growing things”… I’m talking about plants, veggies, etc..

Meatball chemistry – not completely incompetent. Don’t really care about valance bonding, etc. I just need to know what + what makes what and what that might be useful for.

Mechanics – if it’s a machine, I can repair and maintain it. Within reason. If it can’t be repaired, then I will make a new one.

Just a small list.. there’s other stuff that might come in handy… like combining “making things” with meatball chemistry to create fractional distillation – ethanol (booze), kerosene from coal, etc.. Making things (like a ball mill) + meatball chemistry = gunpowder, etc..

It’s good to know how to do many things. Specialization is for bugs.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.