Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I mentioned this sometime in the past, but I really think bolt cutters and a mobile jack would be highly useful in an urban setting. The jack will help open any door whether you need to get in or out, no door can resist.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Charcoal can be found any where there has been a fire. That with dirt and a coffee filter will get most of the big stuff from the water. Then you boil.
    No telling how many thousands of coffee filters I own! They fit in any BOB or as I do in an EDC.
    Robin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

coffee filters is a good idea to get the big stuff out, so will a tee shirt. Remember that the electricity will be out so you will only be able to boil your water if your building has gas.

Profile photo of speakingtruth2you
    speakingtruth2you
    Survivalist
    member2

Lots of good information.
    I still will prefer rural but all information is useful when shtf and yes if find ourself in midst of city/apartment. Selco has attested to the cost mentally and physically on people who survive in the city. I’m not sure living rural will be a total party but chances of it being as rough can be diminished somewhat.
    It helps to know all one can about water and I appreciate the info on catalytic converter. I have concerns about thermal signature. I haven’t heard that addressed much in many groups.
    I am still open to other forms of heating and cooking that mimimizes drawing attention.
    Eventually those hungry and needy will possibly make their way where to where some of us are living in rural areas.

speakingtruth2you

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Truth,
    Not to many people will have thermal equipment but probably those that do will have other pieces of top level gear, maybe experience. After looking at thermal images for heat loss in buildings I’m going to guess super insulation is the key to preventing heat signature. The heat from a chimney could possibly be hidden using baffling at the top of the chimney.

speakingtruth2you
    Survivalist
    member2

I think your right in suggesting super insulation and maybe baffling on chimney.
    The way U.S. government is buying up ammo, supplying police department with equipment that would be used on the battle field not in a city, my concern is authorities having thermal equipment.

speakingtruth2you

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I don’t think in that circumstance it would matter. They would probably just go house to house.

speakingtruth2you
    Survivalist
    member2

Your probably correct 74.

speakingtruth2you

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think that the rural areas will be attacked by the government first. The cities will be circled around by the military and they will wait till many will kill them self in gun fights. But the rural is were 90% of the preppers are located and they know this for a fact. They have never like the preppers, they believe the preppers are anti Government pro Constitution, pro Liberty and Freedom.

So if you are them were would you go first? The cities have more liberals, Chicago, Boston, New York City, New Jersey, and so on. The government will still want them gone but they can let them kill each other.

The preppers will not kill each other and they are armed. They are the ones that they want to kill first.

I keep saying this because all of you need to know this and prepare and know they will come for you.

speakingtruth2you
    Survivalist
    member2

No doubt your right on!
    I have no doubt they know many preppers will be highly unlikely to be found in the cities, although many will be there. The enemy will go where they think we are. We do need to be steps ahead of the game, and be prepared.
    If one wants to prepare and survive in the cities with hopes of a longer survival rate so be it.
    Both rural and city life survival will have their pros and cons.

speakingtruth2you

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

There was mention of using a tshirt to filter out watet floaters: this is what shemaghs are for. Finer weave aand dry quicker.

http://ageofdecadence.com

speakingtruth2you
    Survivalist
    member2

Thanks @ sledjockey
    I will go check this out!

speakingtruth2you

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, even with 75- 80% of the population being classified as urban, that still leaves about 63-78 million people spread across the vast rural areas. The feds cannot even begin to go door to door nor would they have the cooperation of local authorities in rural areas. Depending upon what their objectives are they might want to keep the urban areas bottled up so as to not spoil the countryside that they need if the cities are to be fed.

As an aside, I saw a statistic from the census bureau that said VT is the most rural State in the country as measured by % of population. It is likely that in combination with the extreme lack of diversity that results in such a low crime rate. Obviously the big Western States have vast expanses of emptiness that you could drop tiny VT into many times over, but the reality is that their people are substantially congregated in urban areas. That’s not what I thought was the case.

speakingtruth2you
    Survivalist
    member2

I don’t agree that the administration local or otherwise cares whether people in city get fed and to keep the rural areas looking nice. Not unless it’s for administration purposes but not for the general population.

Their is an agenda that doesn’t exempt any of us anymore than it would have in hilter’s agenda.

I’ve heard of a lot of places being ‘a good place to get lost’ when shtf but that was several years ago and without preparation and even with it, it’s going to be a challenge.

Our state already has most every police dept equipped with armored tanks, guns, extra ammo, thermal imaging equipment and then some. They aren’t equipped so they can go after isis since our state as with many others and the administration welcome them.
    The only ones with ‘real’ food possibly will be missy obama and the food her gardeners grow for her to show.

I appreciate the ideas for filtering water. I have a couple systems in place that filters water but if I had to move in a hurry they’d do me no good.

speakingtruth2you

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Truth,
    A lot of preppers have filter straws such as LifeStraw or other systems designed for mobile on the move situations. A lifestraw will filter 1000 liters.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.