Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Perhaps my thought processes are unusual or something. But I find the ‘news of the day’ interesting to a point, but find it hard to take an interest in discussing it much. Why? I thought about that. Probably because I am a doer. If there is a problem, DO something about it. If there are ISSUES, address them. And, of course, there is nothing I can do about individual world events. And, wading through available sources of information, trying to judge what is what or true is almost an exercise in futility.

So, I was thinking yesterday while baling hay before the rain comes later today… what are the first ten things I would do if I were made 1) President overnight or 2) were a Bill Gates money level person tomorrow…..to help ‘fix’ the world’s state of affairs. What would you do? Would love to hear.

Profile photo of legatelanius
    legatelanius
    Survivalist
    member2

I think about this all the time…. absolute power, what would I do?

1. Abolish all world governments and replace them with either minarchistic city states or anarcho capitalist lands

2. Invest my money in technology to make the world a better place for all.

3. Establish private charities that actually help people who need it.

4. Crush all who dare try to enslave others to their system.

5. Find perfect woman

6. Have 10 kids

7. Retire with family to mountains of western PA

8. Live life.

9. Smoke a cigar

10. Die peacefully

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

uuhh ohh “I think about this all the time…. absolute power” Legatelanius :)

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Absolute power… you mean “King of the World” or just “King of America”?

@ legatelanius

Number 4 on your list…. 4. Crush all who dare try to enslave others to their system.

Question: You, yourself would create a system. Then you would “crush” anyone who had a different system and tried to “enslave” anyone to the system that’s different than yours?

Isn’t that pretty much doing to someone else what you yourself are accusing them of doing?

Pot? Meet Kettle…

And Lord Acton was right… absolute power corrupts absolutely. Legatelanius had absolute power for 3 seconds, and he was already “crushing” people… :)

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus,
    I was looking at that too, but i didn’t want to crush his dreams

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Wow this is an interesting thought. Malgus I am with you on king of the world or king of America. I don’t even begin to think I have the answers on how to fix the world. My best guess would be to implement my list below in America and put people from each country as presidents over their country and have them follow the same rules.
    1.Remove all current government leaders from office.
    2.Close our borders
    3.If you are not a citizen or do not have a visa you go back to your country
    4.End welfare
    5. Do away with political parties
    6.limit terms for any government office to 4 years 2 terms max
    7. Lock government salaries to 100k per year.
    8.No salary after term is over.
    9. Do away with the IRS
    10.Impose flat tax
    11.Impeachment can be immediately initiated by the people and determined by their vote
    Sorry couldn’t stop at ten lol.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Matt,
    Before you end welfare please create a job source for income replacing all the freebies. Personally I would like to send all welfare recipients to homesreading schools. Give them 5 acres of real farm land, a garden tractor, a cow, a pig, some chickens and all the seed they need, etc.

Raze every building left empty by relocation. End welfare.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

I’d build an epic space ship that you could effective and efficiently live on and leave you petty earthlings here while I go conquer the cosmos with my SpaceMosin Nagant.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

I don’t offer ten things but if I had unlimited power I would
    make illegal the ability for banks to create fictitious currency,
    declare the debt and interest debt the banksters have created for tax payers to pay null and void,
    re-appropriate what they have stolen from hard working people for generations,
    kick the corrupt politicians and permanent officials which have been bought by the elite out of their jobs,
    change the laws to prevent this sort of corruption from re-establishing itself,
    strengthen laws that protect the Bill of Rights and introduce a Bill of Rights to all other countries,
    and oblige all governments to serve the people and not be masters of them.
    And put anyone who starts a war to enrich themselves or others or for religious reasons onto a deserted island, where they can spend their lives preying on each other.

Having said all that I don’t believe anyone has the sinlessness or the perfect wisdom to govern the world, except for Christ. I think any of us could be unwise in some areas and could do harm to others with such powers. Contrary to the old saying, absolute power doesn’t corrupt absolutely; it’s more that the evil that is within all of us that ordinarily doesn’t get expressed for fear of consequences or lack of opportunity, would have the opportunity to come out and be expressed without personal consequences.

Selco has often talked about supposedly good people in that war who showed another side to their natures when they found they could exert power without consequences.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

1. I would ask to be blessed with knowledge.
    2. I would ask to be blessed with patience.
    3. I would ask to love others as you love yourself.
    4. I would forgive those that have harmed me.
    5. I would ask for forgiveness from those that I have harmed.
    Robin

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

my list of 10 was a brief synopsis. I was trying to keep from filling 10 pages with explanations. I agree with replacing the income welfare recipients get. You take a drug test and if you pass you will placed inan Iinfestructure maintenance job, picking up trash, mowing roadsides, working on road crews repairing guard rails etc. If you do not have a usable skill you will sent to a trainig facility for 6 months to learn basics of a chosen trade.

At the end of the 6 months you will be employed for an additional 6 months in that field. After that year you will no longer be eligible for welfare. Go get a job or starve it’s your choice. If you feel like the jobs we offer are below you then by all means pull yourself up by your boot straps and make something of yourself. That is what a free America is all about. I’m sure there are details that would have be worked out but this is a rough outline.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ok everyone I like most of the comments. Keep them coming. Monday morning I’ll start on the list.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

legatelanius wrote:

I think about this all the time…. absolute power, what would I do?

1. Abolish all world governments and replace them with either minarchistic city states or anarcho capitalist lands

2. Invest my money in technology to make the world a better place for all.

3. Establish private charities that actually help people who need it.

4. Crush all who dare try to enslave others to their system.

5. Find perfect woman

6. Have 10 kids

7. Retire with family to mountains of western PA

8. Live life.

9. Smoke a cigar

10. Die peacefully

LOL!!! First 5 are very idealistic, pie-in-the-sky!
    (keep trying, for #5! It can happen…)
    2nd 5 are quite down to earth ;)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>matt76 wrote:</div>Wow this is an interesting thought. Malgus I am with you on king of the world or king of America. I don’t even begin to think I have the answers on how to fix the world. My best guess would be to implement my list below in America and put people from each country as presidents over their country and have them follow the same rules.<br>
    1.Remove all current government leaders from office.<br>
    2.Close our borders<br>
    3.If you are not a citizen or do not have a visa you go back to your country<br>
    4.End welfare<br>
    5. Do away with political parties<br>
    6.limit terms for any government office to 4 years 2 terms max<br>
    7. Lock government salaries to 100k per year.<br>
    8.No salary after term is over.<br>
    9. Do away with the IRS<br>
    10.Impose flat tax<br>
    11.Impeachment can be immediately initiated by the people and determined by their vote<br>
    Sorry couldn’t stop at ten lol.

I like these!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.