Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Melgus,

I would bet that the precieved problem with the M1 stems from two things. Misapplication of the tool. Trying to make it do more than it was designed, shooting at targets farther then 100 yards.

Bullet design. 110 grain fmj round nose. 1800 fps.

If 9mm carbines were handed out with 110 gr. Fmj’s for ammo the same problem would arise.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

free,

We were given a choice as to whether we wanted to carry an M4 or a 12 gauge on jungle ops. I chose the 12 gauge. Like nighthawk, I found that it (the 5.56) didn’t have the “oomph” to get through the thick stuff in the jungle… those light, fast bullets would hit something and just deflect and go… somewhere.. buckshot must mowed through it.

A shotgun is outstanding when you work within its limitations. Still, I’ll stick with my G3 for my battle rifle…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The VC was shooting helicopters down in Vietnam with the 7.62×39 .  THe UH1 was and still is a good helicopter , its just very vulnerable to small arms fire . The Russians were watching , and developed the Hind , which is almost impervious to small arms fire , its when we started giving the Afghans stinger missiles , they started loosing a lot of choppers lol .

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Love my shotguns. Each and every one.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

FreeRepublic has a link up to this thread.

link

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Hey, we’re becoming right popular!

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, Tell me more about your G3.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

FreeRepublic has a link up to this thread.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3149755/posts

Awesome! :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974, That is great news for us! When other forums link to us this means we are posting the right information.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Perhaps not so awesome , the more it gets around , the more trolls will come ….Just sayin .

Freedom , a G3 is an FAL variant or at least strongly based off it . Good weapons , I have an FAL , I love it , it took me a long time to find the right one , as well as one without an inflated price . I have seen several G3 s at gun shows , for me , I didnt like them because I felt they were way too heavy compared to the original FAL , which seems to weigh about half as much and has a built in bipod . I had dreams of owning a FN Scar 17 , but other than the high price , I didnt like the fatness of it . I have read more than once by people that have trained with the Scar , that its like running with a big catfish in your hands ………that was about the only complaint , but a valid one .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik,

Tolls can be banned. It’s the psychopaths that worry me.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, OK I own a FAL .308, they are a little heavy. I just never hear them called G3, Thanks.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik,
    Not to be difficult but.
    The FAL uses a spring-loaded piston housed above the barrel, and a tilting breechblock.

The HK G3 is a direct blow back (CETME design) with locking rollers in the bolt. This is the same design used in MG42

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

1974, I stand corrected . Get them confused with all the FAL variants , as every country made them a little different to suit their needs .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes I have the FAL with the spring loaded piston above the barrel.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.