Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Ronym,

Pre-positioning some of your assets may alleviate some of your stress and storage problems.
    Assuming the site chosen is fairly secure.

Hard assets, such as PM’s, gardening tools, cook stoves for example that are harder or riskier to transport in an emergency but make life so much easier are items to consider putting into storage where you plan to go.

Much depends on what you can afford to abandon and where you chose to do so.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I think it all boils down to the personal preparedness philosophy. In an ideal world, everyone would have 2 to 3 bug out locations, all properly stocked with at least some basics for a year and well hidden but still within 1-2 days of walking distance from a city.

Overall if you are living in an environment like a city that is very dependent on the system working it will be harder if it stops to work. Throw in being surrounded by a big number of the most dangerous animal on the planet, us humans… and things don’t look so well.

The big benefit prepared city dwellers have is that they can act faster than others. If we talk about an EMP for example you can bug out while others still complain that the coffee machine isnt working.

Personally I realized in the last couple of years that living in a city isnt for me in the long run anyway and thats why I moved to the countryside. The whole rural vs countryside discussion involves to many factors that it makes sense to listen to different opinions but at the end of the day it will all depend on personal preferences and priorities.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of dreamerhps
    dreamerhps
    Survivalist
    member2

I am so upset! just had code enforcement come by and I was told it is now against the law for anyone to collect rainwater in my county because it belongs to the government. I also can not have my livestock if I plan on eating them, nor can I grow my garden unless I have a permit. WTH!!!!!! I live in a rural area not urban. I can’t grow a garden in my yard without consent and with that consent it is only certain foods they specify I can grow. I can no own livestock if they are meant for food. Rainwater that my God drops from the heaven belongs to the government and I can go to jail if I continue to collect it. I have two weeks to get rid of my livestock and tear down my gardens or I will be fined. I was a smarty and said well what do you want me to do with them, you said I can’t eat them. What is our government up to? Something is up my friends, they want us to totally rely on them for all of our needs. I am going to fight this. Martin Luther King stood up and said no, This white girl isn’t going to take this sitting down!

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Holy crap! No garden or raising livestock for food but you can bet there are golf courses and folks with green lawns,pools, and clean cars., When the SHTF, I wonder if they;ll come to realize that folks like you with productive uses for the water should have gotten 1st dibs on it, and then only if there was enough left over did any go to golf courses, green lawns and pools.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sounds like what happen in Cuba when Castro got in power, he told all farmers the same thing, all have to have a permit for everything you do with the land and everything belongs to the government which is the way they can control the people. They are now do this in some state of cities to see how fare they can go.

Rural areas will be controlled by the government since that is the only way to control those people. The government knows it is easy to control the city people but they need hardcore rules for the rural farmland. I have posted before on this subject, it is a dictatorship or communist way of control. Nothing new here.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

There is also the issue of carrying capacity of the land. Some years ago when I took a few trips to NM, AZ. NV, and CA I was amazed at the seemingly uncontrolled growth in such arid conditions, and so often with man made lakes in subdivisions, and generally profligate uses of water wherever I went. The current drought may change some of that but the damage has already been done. What the priority uses are however is a choice. They can choose to give 1st priority to productive uses of the land such as dreamerhps.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Similar situation was here in 50s I think, land simply was taken by the government ( something like in Soviet union), but that politic was quickly abandoned because results were poor, productivity was bad.

dreamerhps
    Survivalist
    member2

I only own 1.5 acres. Just a little home owner trying to grow some food and raise a few rabbits, ducks and chickens. Nothing big, my coops and cages are clean. Hay I even have a place for my rabbits to be let out and run around. I colony raise them. Small gardens for what me and mine need. I put up what I grow and don’t use for the winter months. Like I said nothing big, I’m not bothering anyone and my neighbors love the fresh eggs I bring to them. They are hoping mad as well. Some of them have been given warning as well to tear down their gardens and empty the rain barrels.
    Your right Freedom, a few miles down the road a nice golf course was put in a couple of years ago. Really fancy, and I hear they are planning a water park within 5 miles from here. Looks like it’s time for me to pull up my roots and find a new place to plant them. I am not going to live somewhere I have to ask permission to plant a garden or collect rainwater. OUTRAGOUS!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

dreamerhps, This is how they start testing what they can get away with. If they can get away with it then they add more rules to go even farther. It is the way Dictatorship works. They do not like people that are not depended on the system, they can’t control them. So the way to take control is to put more rules on what they can grow, control of water even rain water because you can’t grow without water. Control live stock. I call it Communism. It is coming to America and we have to stop it.

Profile photo of Isabel
    Isabel
    Survivalist
    member1

I’d be half-tempted to get in touch with a news organization, and then let the cops arrest me, risk being hauled to jail, but for-sure go to trial. If what you say is true, I’m sure it would make the news, and what a field-day there would be!

dreamerhps
    Survivalist
    member2

Good idea Isabel, I don’t mind going to jail for my rights as an American citizen. There are plenty of us out here that are hoping mad. I’m not the only one in this county that this is happing to. Brantley co, Glynn co, It’s coming to McIntosh co, Wayne co…and others. It’s time to stand up and fight for our rights for sure.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I wonder how the Gov figures the rain is theirs. Air travels all over the world through the jet stream. What’s to say some of the water in the clouds didn’t get picked up in Russia or Mexico. If that’s the case are they going to pay a rain tax to those countries? What a crock of #$^$%. Give’em hell dreamer!!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Isabel and dreamerhps, I agree we are getting to that point but remember if any of us do that to post it on website like this one so that we spread the news. I just do not believe or trust the news media to do the job of helping us.

If we all stand together we can win.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

A lot of claiming that the rain water belongs to the state comes from the original resource laws that were written to allow regulation of hunting and conservation. They specifically state that all resources that are naturally occuring belong to the state unless a deed of ownership can be produced for those resources. That is why you have to have permits for tree cutting, gold panning, hunting, etc. Everything is owned by the state if it is not written into a deed of ownership….. Wonder how long before our air is taxed.

Same thing regarding the rainwater happened in Oregon and similar things have happened around here about gardens and livestock. I really can hardly believe how many rights we used to have are stripped and taken away as of late.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

sledjockey, Thank you for pointing this out. I have been posting how communist countries do this as a way to control the people that can grow or live of the land. These laws they create stops that and makes the rural farmers go hungry just like the city people so that the government will control everyone. Food and water is the easiest way for the government to take total control of the people, the people will only think about how to get food and water on the table.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.