Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Anselm
    Anselm
    Survivalist
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>True enough, but note that the likely event is a local one, not national. The TEOTWAWKI most preppers seem hell-bent on is not a religious dogma. Usually, what we have is a flood or earthquake or hurricane in one relatively small area. Have you asked yourself why people insist on it being TEOTWAWKI? Statistically, and within your own life experience and mine, it is the least likely situation. So why prepare for the least likely?

At this moment, the one thing that would cause national catastrophe is World War III Unfortunately, it is a real possibility because the U.S. Government is pushing with all its might to achieve it. But, if it does, there will be no place to go anyway, so why go? No matter where radiation gets us, we shall die, so why not die at home? ; Anselm:

Anselm,<br>
    You’re pretty much all over the map.

“The choice is yours. I respect your right to choose differently from me. I only suggest to you that you make your choice because it really is yours, not because it is someone else’s idea of what is good for you” Anselm

Lets just leave it at that.

Not at all, 74.

I’m saying that for the only possibility of general war, no preparation serves any purpose and that, short of that, you are better off staying at home than putting yourself at risk on the road.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Anselm,
    I believe you should take your own advise “the choice is yours. I respect your right to choose differently from me. I only suggest to you that you make your choice because it really is yours, not because it is someone else’s idea of what is good for you” If you want to stay home or go away if is fine with me, however offering your advise for others like this is what they should do is arrogant.

Profile photo of Anselm
    Anselm
    Survivalist
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Whirlibird wrote:</div>Taking down the ‘grid isn’t as hard as many would believe.

A hundred committed saboteurs with small caliber rifles and nondescript cars would make a mess of the world.<br>
    How hard would it be to come up with 100 people with a mad on against the US?

Look at it this way, 3am eastern time comes.<br>
    The cars are ready and sitting under a power pole transformer each.<br>
    At the same time they punch 2 holes in the transformers, one high, one low and drive off.<br>
    5-10 minutes later the same thing happens. Within an hour, that’s 600 transformers.<br>
    With prior planning starting in the right places, one could easily cut off great sections of the US and keep slicing off chunks every few minutes.

By 8am (EST), when everyone wakes and finds the power off over most of the country, that’s 3000+ transformers.<br>
    And that’s just one night.

There aren’t that many replacements out there to get everything running again.

Now look at the distribution stations, they hit these at the same time as they pass by, even more are effected.

Because of the time frame, the fact that it would take a while for the transformers to drain and fail, the shooters would easily get away without notice most places.

How would people react to this? Waking up and finding the power gone.<br>
    Especially across the country.<br>
    Time it right, during a cold snap or heat wave, the problem quickly becomes compounded.

WWIII isn’t needed, a country would tear itself apart on it’s own at that point.

Try to find a hundred committed saboteurs in this country.

Here’s a better idea. Read “Angle Iron” by Neo Andersen. There, ONE saboteur does it.

Profile photo of Anselm
    Anselm
    Survivalist
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Anselm,<br>
    I believe you should take your own advise “the choice is yours. I respect your right to choose differently from me. I only suggest to you that you make your choice because it really is yours, not because it is someone else’s idea of what is good for you” If you want to stay home or go away if is fine with me, however offering your advise for others like this is what they should do is arrogant.

There is no arrogance in suggesting to others that they make their own choice rather than follow the crowd.

74, you are very arrogant.

Open your mind.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Anselm,
    What does this say, who are you referring to? I’m saying that for the only possibility of general war, no preparation serves any purpose and that, short of that, you are better off staying at home than putting yourself at risk on the road. – TROLL

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Anselm wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Whirlibird wrote:</div>

Here’s a better idea. Read “Angle Iron” by Neo Andersen. There, ONE saboteur does it.

A hundred is easy.
    Look at all the Al Queda, Hamas and Cartel members out there.
    All they have to do is be here.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirllybird, “By 8am (EST), when everyone wakes and finds the power off over most of the country, that’s 3000+ transformers. And that’s just one night.”

There must be hundreds of cells not just individuals here just for that purpose. It’s just a matter of time.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Whirllybird, “By 8am (EST), when everyone wakes and finds the power off over most of the country, that’s 3000+ transformers. And that’s just one night.”

There must be hundreds of cells not just individuals here just for that purpose. It’s just a matter of time.

It’s definitely a matter of time.

Cells are always the way these things are normally run, but the individual members sent out for this purpose would accomplish more than cells together. One member gets caught, the rest continue their work.

Profile photo of Anselm
    Anselm
    Survivalist
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Anselm wrote:</div>

A hundred is easy.<br>
    Look at all the Al Queda, Hamas and Cartel members out there.<br>
    All they have to do is be here.

Note that Al Qaeda was created by the United States. The others, I’m not sure.

Seriously, “Angle Iron” is worth reading.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Anselm, Please stop with posting things that you do not have the facts!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Don’t bother he is phishing from under the bridge.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Whirlibird wrote:</div>Cells are always the way these things are normally run, but the individual members sent out for this purpose would accomplish more than cells together. One member gets caught, the rest continue their work.

Whirly,
    I agree, my point was simply that there must be an ample supply of worker bees to accomplish the task.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Anselm. if you like city living and somehow think someone else will provide you with food and such come a long term SHTF scenario, or if you just don’t have anyplace else to go and will let fate be what it is, fine. Others of us who live in the country actually find it to be a far more pleasant life than urban living even if it isn’t to your taste. I much prefer watching the ducks visit my pond on their way north in the spring and south in the fall and watching the deer come out of the woods into my field early in the morning and at dusk. I can take hour or two walks up my road and enjoy vistas of the valley that words can’t do justice to, and rarely have more that 1 or 2 vehicles pass me the entire time, When I run errands in town and need to leave stuff I bought in the back of my truck while I go into the grocery store, it’s still there when I come out. When I got a flat one day in an area that didn’t have cell phone coverage, a stranger stopped without any prodding from me and gave me a lift to where there was cell phone coverage for me to call AAA,and that involved him turning around and bringing me in the opposite direction he was going in. There are even summer concerts, summer theater, and other cultural events. These things are not restricted to just the cities. Living in the countryside isn’t just for SFTF scenarios,. We have rich and full lives here, and come the SHTF, we’ll be pretty well positioned too.

Profile photo of ronym
    ronym
    Survivalist
    member5

another possibility that i can think of
    ( because my family cannot move to rural … yet )
    are bug in city until the sign of “societal collapse” or “war” or “riot that going worse” emerge
    ( thanks to Selco who mentioning few “sign” and his perspective )
    when few sign are fulfilled, then we pack as minimum as we can carry ( doc, cash, precisious item / liquid asset, much water, food, few gear that compact but have multiple function, few clothes )
    and goes straight to our relatives in rural area
    this type of “evacuating” our family in case of SHTF or the riot get worse or war, etc
    are more “easier” than convincing entire family
    to sell entire asset in city and goes to the village
    sometimes we cannot just sell house that we live in and buy new one in rural
    because other’s family have “share” in it ( inheritance )
    or it’s our parent’s house
    or maybe because we still have debt attach to it ( we buy house by debt )
    this plan are works if the sign has occur but the actual event are in the beginning phase.
    so reading “sign” and “timing” are important
    another aspect are “evacuation place” can reach in maximum 3 hour road trip ( not more than 60-80 km )
    no other city we must pass
    or other dangerous place ( military facility, interstate road, etc )
    pick countryside or at least suburban road
    ( avoid dense population area )
    if any local police or security pass, we just tell that we want to visit our aunt or grandma in other village.
    in this case we also make a permission to pass
    ( with our wife and kids or few relatives, are easier to convince authority… than say 5 man with full gear in the same car )

Profile photo of ronym
    ronym
    Survivalist
    member5

of course this option have much disadvantages
    because we just pack what we can carry ( in limited space )
    so at least we have some gear, cash and “liquid asset”
    if we are forced to start all over again from zero in village we have something to easier our live
    in war or complete chaos or worse famine
    we cannot just wait for law and order back to normal
    and return to the city
    if full SHTF are occur, bigger chance are 60-70% of our belonging are damage or lost
    it can be worse if nuclear war happened
    so our city become like chernobyl

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.