Viewing 3 posts - 151 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GRA, on the cooking buy a small propane range to be able to use inside the house. Remember in a SHTF time you do not want to be cooking outside, you can smell food being cooked for miles when you are hungry.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

GRA,
    The problem with an urban well is the ground water quality. Usually there is contamination in the ground water from industrial/commercial operations, leaking fuel tanks, sewer systems & etc. Urban environment pollution is wide spread. I would use caution.

“Groundwater has been used everywhere in the world for a long time because of its easy accessibility and good quality. In urban areas, groundwater as a source of domestic, commercial and industrial water has greatly contributed to the development of cities. Groundwater in urban areas is sometimes contaminated with multiple contaminants at higher concentrations than in rural areas. For example, one of the most prevalent contaminants in urban groundwater, nitrate, is commonly the product of agricultural runoff due to the use of fertilisers in rural areas. In urban areas, however, fertilisers in agricultural fields are rather minor sources, but leaky sewage, septic tanks, industrial spillages, landfill leachates, and fertilisers used in gardens and parks are other, more common sources of nitrate. Those sources of nitrate can also become sources of other hazardous substances or health-related microorganisms. Other than nitrogen, there are many contaminants in urban groundwater including arsenic, fluoride, heavy metals, and volatile organic carbons. Several kinds of pharmaceuticals, N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), and perfluorinated surfactants (PFSs) can also be detected in urban groundwaters.”

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-4-431-78399-2_7

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GRA I have a well and will be using the water for all bath and cleaning of items not for drinking. I will use rail water and filter it, that’s what I will drink. So well water is still needed.

Viewing 3 posts - 151 through 153 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.