Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., had said before the announcement that he doesn’t think future administrations can undo the order without congressional approval.

So how does that work, that an Executive Order is now etched in stone for all time?

Top comment at the time I read the article:

Under Obama it’s difficult to tell the difference between America and an African nation run by a despotic dictator. They both rule by edict while both hating and fearing democracy.

And less than 50% of the population can even see that. More than 50% think he’s doing an acceptable (or better) job. I’d invoke the name of Deity to help us here, but suspect he’s just waiting a tiny bit longer until we’ve hit “ripe in iniquity” status, and the long-predicted consequences of that kind of thinking and behavior are finally able to be exacted on us. Sadly, it raineth on the just and the unjust alike at times. (Thus, the SHTF Forum….)

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

An executive order is an order only if it can be enforced. Otherwise … Good riddance to rubbish that gets tossed out the minute Obama leaves office. A new code ofcanon-law will be adopted as more sensible than the old scheme. Throw out the tax code and you’ll hear a billion sighs of relief. That would certainly be in The new presidents power. Ban on off shore drilling. Revoked in the interest of sanity. And seeing how Obama is outing himself as an agent of a foreign government like Killary is of the Saudis … IT SHALL BE DONE. Lol

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

An executive order stands only until the next executive cancels it out . Otherwise , this would be a dictatorship rather than a Republic .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Otherwise , this would be a dictatorship rather than a Republic .

As little kids say on a long trip, “Are we there yet?”

I rather thought we’d already arrived. Let’s see how much Trump is allowed by a Congress still dependent on their “other” sources of income.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Let see Congress stop The Donald from building the Mexican wall after this falsified intelligence report to de-elect him. The angry white man and woman are more committed than ever. Soros Obama Hillary McCain Nbc CNN Abc the Democrat Party. Big red letters… There was a conspiracy. Proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. The Obama deception didn’t succeed.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

There was a conspiracy. Proven beyond the shadow of a doubt.

And that conspiracy is THE fundamental thing that must be understood, or all the rest of it just remains in little pieces to be debated, picked apart, etc. To go back to that noted sage, James Carville, “It’s the economy, stupid!” But now it’s the Conspiracy, stupid! (And I’ll add an upper case “C” to that not just for emphasis, but because I see it as a formal, powerful, entity that must be seen as that important, or we will lose. Conclusively.)

By the way – so far this week I’ve already spent hours listening to the confirmation hearings, as well as the Trump news conference. If you can find YouTube videos of them, it’s beyond refreshing (and highly instructive) to see/hear the responses of these appointees. I just listened to Rex Tillerson, moments ago, specifically state that we need to send a clear message to China that their island building needs to stop, and their access TO those islands, on which military assets have been stationed, must also cease. As much as I do not like so many aspects of the man, Donald Trump, at the same time I also see an opportunity right here and now, to push back at the Conspiracy in a major way. It will be all out war, I expect – the Conspiracy is too large and too committed to destruction to just tuck their tails and whimper away into the darkness. I don’t believe there are ANY methods they won’t attempt to employ to derail fundamental restoration of originalist thinking regarding the Constitution and its functional supremacy in the United States. I’m almost blown away about the nominees that I’ve been listening to – the quality is beyond impressive. I can’t wait for Secretary Sessions, or particularly Secretary Tillerson, just for starters (Tillerson is absolutely a brilliant pick in all respects). I just hope and pray that January 20th comes and goes as planned, and that everyone is still standing at the end of the day (especially those in the line of succession if the worst happens).

The Obama deception didn’t succeed.

This is my only, and only partial, disagreement. The deception is beginning to be known, but I am not at all comfortable that it will yet not succeed. Much will play out in the next 9 days. And then beyond.

GS

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

A day of the jackal sort of event you think GS? It’s possible but the SS is preparing 360 for it. The Donald has the luck. So did Hitler … I mean 42 times. Somekind of record. And then he lived to be 100 according to Skorzeny. If anything did happen the forces released would be beyond reckoning.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Something like that, perhaps. I suppose I’ve watched “3 Days of the Condor,” Jason Bourne, and “Shooter” (the Wahlberg movie, not the TV series) too many times. But then again, those scenarios seem more and more possible these days. Heck – there was clearly enough inter-agency cooperation in JFK’s death, and I was just a teenager than. I suspect they’ve perfected their craft much in these 50+ years….

It’s your last sentence that has me even more concerned – because I don’t think there’s a clear likely answer as to what/who all those (multiple) forces would be, or their motivations. Heck – I didn’t even find the old CBS aborted series “Jericho” to be out of touch with reason. And their depicted splitting of the country into regional, highly factional governments (or “forces” might be more accurate) certainly seemed like a likely outcome. Regardless, I don’t know if we’d ever see business as usual again in most of our lifetimes – certainly not mine.

GS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.