Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Now I think that not only ISIS but Iran has been planning a cyber attack on the US for a long time.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/09/14/digital-jihad-isis-al-qaeda-seek-cyber-caliphate-to-launch-attacks-on-us/

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

ISIS is big on the media, internet so they know how important it would be to take down the internet. Cyber attack is been on the Al Qaeda plans for years and many of ISIS where Al Qaeda.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

It’s not just the Islamic world that is pursuing cyber warfare. China has put tremendous effort into it as has Russia.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Control of the internet and social media is a huge deal these days. Almost everyone is connected to it. Information can move world wide in seconds. The government can learn what is going on in a specific event in a moment as can terrorists. In many cases it is better than a satellite feed. Someone is streaming video from their phone of a riot or maybe a terrorist attack. When it hits the net everybody knows in short order. If you are the terrorists your suprise is blown quickly as the news spreads. If you take out internet and social media it will buy time to accomplish your goal before too many are alerted and try to stop you. It works the other way too though, if the government starts taking over a city or declares martial law the news will spread quick and they will meet much resistance. Controlling the flow and content of info is power no matter what side you are on.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

My question is will one of the countries (China, Russia or North Korea) help ISIS get the info to take down the internet? Since we would blame ISIS and not the other counties ISIS would do there job and they would just sit back and see what happens.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I don’t think so. They all have their security measures but they all have the same vulnerability too. There may be different doorways for each country but they are all opened with some kind of key. What would stop ISIS from using those keys on the country that helped them at some point. I don’t think a country can exploit another contries vulnerability without showing a least some of their own. The only way I see ISIS getting this tech is if they manage to kidnap a hacker or scientist or maybe Iran might help them. The other drawback with a country helping them is if ISIS gets caught then the US has that countries play book.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

matt76 I had read that Iran has about 250,000 Computer Engineers working full time on cyber attack tech so they may help ISIS so they do not get blamed for it.

I do think you maybe right that China and Russia may not trust ISIS with there cyber tech.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.