Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Last Thursday the engine in my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup met its demise. His name is Gordo. Although it ran well for over 220,000 miles this untimely end was a surprise to us all. It was a dependable and loyal truck for over 13 years. Gordo is now survived by a 2013 Subaru Outback that was purchased hours after Gordo’s death.

Plans are in the works to resurrect Gordo via use of a technology called engine transplantation. We will be purchasing a long block and doing the engine transplant in the next several weeks.

Please keep your fingers crossed for Gordo’s quick resurrection and continued domination of the roads, both paved and unpaved, that he will travel again soon.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled,
    In those final moments it’s always a difficult time. I’m guessing you’re an old hand with surgical wrenches and operations of this type. Take your time anyway and clean the patients thumper cavity while it’s unoccupied.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

“Within hours of Gordo’s death”. If you weren’t going to observe a proper mourning period of say a day, I hope you at least wore something black for those few hours. Or maybe just something dark.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Replaced by a Subaru.
    What an epitaph.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Subaru’s are great cars. After pickup trucks they are probably the most stereotypical vehicles in Vermont. It used to be pickup trucks or Volvo’s but the Subaru’s took over given how good they are in the snow.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I still get a little choked up as I see Gordo sitting like a tombstone to all the good times we had together…. /sniff

The wife might be changing jobs so the engine transplant might actually take a little longer than expected. That does not make me very happy, but at least Gordo will be back up to 100% by end of winter. I plan on fixing all the little things that he needs done as well…. Radiator and heater hoses, climate control knobs in cab, recondition the seats, fan blower motor……

http://ageofdecadence.com

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Subaru’s are great cars. After pickup trucks they are probably the most stereotypical vehicles in Vermont. It used to be pickup trucks or Volvo’s but the Subaru’s took over given how good they are in the snow.

If we were to get anything that wasn’t American made, there would be ghosts from both sides of the family descending upon us. Including both of my grandmothers (Both WWII vets).
    Especially anything Japanese.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

New seats! Now you’re talking, rod that baby up. Now days seats from a newish truck could be used for an up grade. Back in the day of yore we took seats from newer junked cars. Caddie seats were popular. I took bucket seats from a foreign car (I have no recollection what it was now) and installed them in my 1946 Ford panel . I sure wish I had that truck now.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I would like to express my deepest sympathy for the loss of a good and faithful friend. Here’s hoping the resurrected Gordo brings you much pleasure.

Profile photo of dutch_viking
    dutch_viking
    Survivalist
    rreallife

can i bring over my condolences for this sad sad news ,
    i will wear all black for a week and burn a candle for his resurrection
    so that he can roam the streets and planes once again.

crossing my shaking hands and lets say a prayer :

dear motor gods in heaven….
    please take care of this rugged old friend ,
    let his old rattling engine be replaced with a donor
    so that he may ride again .
    amen.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.