Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

Whenever I encounter someone I am as polite as possible. I know they are going through a rough time and I try to do not to make it worse. The actual eviction is handled by the Sheriff’s office. I have seen some real heart breaking things, bad things do happen to good people.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Police force in my country is mainly corrupt, slow, use too much violence etc.
    But it is same in any other part of society and service. That does not have too much with types of people who are work there.
    They are like anywhere good or bad, or just grey.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

It goes to Lord Acton’s axiom – “Power corrupts. And absolute power corrupts absolutely.”

Think of it this way. Who are the individuals, the personality type, who are drawn towards this type of work? I know I am an ISTJ. We make good Lieutenants, leaders, etc. Also Alpha’s are drawn towards this type of work – assertive, dominating personality types. And sociopaths – those with no empathy for anyone whatsoever, except themselves. They are also very adept liars. In fact, “police” are taught to lie smoothly and convincingly in order to wring information out of “bad guys”. This extends to even lying on the stand, under oath, because as Phoenix said –

They will shoot first and ask questions later and since it is other police officers investigating the shooting they know they will suffer no repercussions if they kill someone because the fraternity protects its own.

Which means if enough of them can get their story straight, they can say literally whatever they want unless there is some type of hard evidence contradicting them – a video, a recording, photographs, forensic evidence, and, in the rarest case of all, another “policeman” to testify against The Brotherhood.

I urge all of you to watch this video. It’s a bit long, 48 minutes, but it is well worth your time. Law professor tells folks NOT to talk to the police – ever. And why. Seriously, you guys need to see this…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

THats just it ! we need to break up the **** club , and have civilian review boards on EVERY incident  . That way they can swap spit or slap sacks all they want , but they get out of line the WILL be held accountable . Another thing that needs to happen is no more protective incarceration when found guilty , put them in with the general population and let them take their chances .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The funny part about so many of the places/departments you guys are complaining about, they already have the civilian review boards.

Such as NYPD, Cleveland, and more.

Here’s a list of some review agencies.

http://nacole.org/resources/u-s-oversight-agency-websites/

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Tolik,

I would be happy with making “qualified immunity” go away. Some other stuff too. Police being held to different standards, just because they are “police”. A “LEO” can, if he or she feels their lives are being “threatened” or “endangered”, shoot and kill someone. A citizen doing the same thing often ends up arrested and thrown down a dark hole until his “trial”.

The only difference that I can see – and someone point out where I am wrong, please… I’m begging ya here! – the only difference I can see is that citizens can effect arrests for a felony, while “LEO’s” can effect an arrest for a felony and a misdemeanor.

It goes to “delegation of power”. See, we humble citizens delegate power to others to act in our stead so that we can lead our lives. We delegate power to politicians to make laws and deal with other countries because, let’s face it, we just do not have the time to do that. Or possibly the inclination. I have no desire to be a politician, but I do recognize the need for someone to deal with other countries, etc, so I delegate someone to do that and act in my name.

It’s the same with “police”. Since one cannot possess that which has not been given, and since all power stems from the citizenry, it logically stands to reason that the police have no power that we citizens do not already possess. By delegating them to act in our stead – dealing with bad guys, etc. – that in no way diminishes or negates our power or authority to use it. It merely gives them permission to act in our stead and draw a paycheck from the State (“the State” here means city, county, state, commonwealth, Feds, etc).

BUT, we have fallen for the line of bilge – the propaganda fed to us every day – that “police” are some sort of race of Avenging Angles sent from On High with super powers us mere mortals do not and cannot ever hope to possess.

They’re not. They are citizens the same as you and I are, often possessing only a mere High School diploma and not much else. They exist to serve society at large, at our pleasure. They should not be afforded any special treatment simply because they do a job for us that we do not want to do. They volunteered to do that job. It’s not the Army. They can quit if they don’t like it. (Take the ownership of automatic weapons. Any Sheriffs deputy can own a select-fire weapon simply by flashing his credentials. No tax. No year-long background check by the FBI or BATF. No nothing… contrast that with the average citizen…)

What was originally intended by Sir Robert Peel to be the caretakers and servants of the citizenry has become the private army of – enforcers as ruthless as any Mob goombah – those politicians in power. Their purpose is now to extort funds from the citizenry and so enrich those in power, and expansion of their own power. Witness the saying “I don’t make the law. I just enforce it.”

Yeah. The Nazis, Russian communists, the Chinese, Pol Pot, Mao, and every tin-pot banana republic dictator also made up **** that was “legal” and needed tin-star “enforcers” to inflict that **** on the innocent. They seem to think that some scribble by a political thug or dictator has automatic legitimacy and that inflicting it “enforcing it” on the citizenry automatically absolves them of any guilt whatsoever… “I was just following orders” didn’t work in 1946 as a legal defense and it won’t work now.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Here’s a nice photo of one of Rhode Island’s Finest “protecting and serving” the **** out of some poor handcuffed woman who seems to be guilty of the serious offense of actually questioning this thug’s Almighty Authority given to him from On High… punishment of which seems to be a snap-kick to the side of the head with a combat boot.

She should count herself lucky. The goon could have shot her for daring to speak her mind. You know, since handcuffed women sitting on the curb are so dangerous and threatening and all…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Or we could ask Kelley Thomas.

Wait.. sorry. We actually can’t because he’s dead.

See, Mr. Thomas was mentally ill and homeless. He also had a long string of run-ins with the Fullerton, CA police department. But on this one night, all he appeared to be guilty of was sitting on the curb.

What is it with cops and people sitting on the curb, anyway?

Unarmed, Mr. Thomas died calling for his father for help while 6 “LEO’s” beat him to death.

Was there justice? Yeah, well one would hope…

A judge declined to dismiss the charges against the officers in January 2013, finding that “a reasonable person could infer that the use of force was excessive and unreasonable.”[9] An appeals court judge also denied a request to overturn the lower court’s decision.[10]

But then..

On January 13, 2014, Ramos and Cicinelli were found not guilty of all charges,[11] while the trial for Joe Wolfe was pending.[12] Following the verdict for the two officers, the district attorney’s office announced it would not pursue the case against Officer Wolfe.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas

Apparently, sitting on the curb minding your own business is cause for a death sentence. One of the thugs who beat Mr. Thomas to death suffered a “boo boo”… poor him.

Attachments:
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

“They said, ‘put your hands up!’ And the guys were still moving after they shot, like maybe 50-60 times,” recalled Mr. Vandiver to CBS-4 Miami. “And the guys tried to put their hands up, and as soon as they put their hands up, it erupted again.”

One guy suspected of robbery. The other guy was guilty of having a poor choice of friends. Car disabled and pinned, neither one of the guys in the blue Volvo was armed.

23 “LEO’s” fired THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY SEVEN rounds at the car! 377!

I suppose that all 23 “LEO’s” felt their lives were “in danger” or some made-up bullshit excuse…

Two guys, one is a suspect. Their car is disabled and pinned. They ain’t going anywhere. Neither one is armed. You outnumber the “bad guys” a dozen to one and have fully automatic weapons. They’re surrounded. You tell them to put their hands up. They do. And they died for it.

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/adrian-montesano/

Attachments:
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus,
    I’m pretty sure we all get it, and share your concern/opinion/frustration. All the restraining authorities are in the tank as it were, and activism seems useless at the moment.

Here is another incident on video. Don’t watch if you are unprepared emotionally to see someone shot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/24/james-boyd-killed-by-cops_n_5021117.html

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Dude, those were just the three most egregious examples I could pull off the top of my head. I could literally sit here and fill pages with examples, if I wanted to.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I know having a police presence is necessary. And if it is necessary, then you need to support it and let them do their jobs. But I certainly don’t buy off on the “isolated incident” excuse, nor that “well, there’s good and bad in every group” rationalization. It’s just too widespread for it to be “just a few bad apples”. Similar to “Polar Bear Hunting” or flash-mobbing, people deny it’s happening, then turn around and explain why it’s happening…

I tried to do good work as an MP for 5 years, especially when in other people’s countries. But after actually doing work like that, it exposed me to how “they” think. I felt like a dolphin amongst a bunch of sharks, looking something like them, going through enough of the motions to pass for one if I had to, but never one of the converted at heart. They have a saying: “We eat our own.” And they’re not kidding.

I heard about that poor bastard who got gunned down for… well, I have no idea why he was killed. Three armed guys. Body armor. Automatic weapons. Explosives. Chemical weapons. At least a few tazers. A police dog. And they felt enough “fear for their lives” that they gunned him down, then shot him with beanbag rounds, then sicced a dog on him… There’s no excuse for that. Just none. And then having the Chief go on TV in front of God and everyone and say it was “justified”? That says a lot. It says “we can kill you no matter who you are, and there’s nothing you can do about it because the Chief has our back.”

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MalGus,
    I know, we’re with you.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Sorry for the rant…

It’s just so infuriating, seeing it happen… and then what’s even more infuriating is everyone’s blasé attitude about it.. just “Ho hum.. another beatdown/shooting/execution on the news… ”

I used to say that my outrage meter had been permanently pegged. Even as jaded and cynical as I am, I can still scrape up enough outrage for a good rant now and again over stuff like this…

I’m no innocent. I got baggage, same as anyone else in the world. But by God I never snap-kicked a handcuffed, defenseless woman in the face with a combat boot or beat someone to death for just sitting there… that’s just obscene.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Put it on the things to do list (not kicking handcuffed women) the other thing. Might as well call Ghost Busters for now though.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I, too share your outrage and sentiment. You know, at one point last summer I was super close to becoming a NY state police officer (parks police, they are still state police though). I got denied at one of the very last barriers (the paranoid part of me believes it was political as no specific reason was given). Now that I look back on it, I know I would not have succeeded… because I would eventually be forced to quit. I wouldnt fit in at all and would refuse orders that were illegal or immoral.

Have you seen the ‘no more hesitation’ target series that the DHS uses?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.