Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

CanadaAmmo has another awesome combo deal for Russian SKS rifles and 1200 rounds of Norinco 7.62×39 on for $400

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/sks-combo-russian-sks-1200-round-case-norinco-7-62×39/

They also have some combo deals on with TT33 Tokarev as well as a Chicom M4 knockoff.

I’m starting to look at that SKS deal much closer right now, may spring on it.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

What, no AK’s for you guys up north?

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Red,
    That’s a great deal for sure. A good SKS is running about 400 retail here in the states. They doubled in price the last few years.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The Canucks have a multitude of draconian laws regarding firearms, including 10 round magazine limits.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    Then they just have to buy more magazines to fill. 3:1 ratio instead of 30rds in one.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Yes but at least they wouldn’t be those evil nasty high capacity 30 round magazines or clips that can’t be refilled or reused.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

5 round mags for a lot, actually. Those SKS’ have a pin to only allow 5, sadly. Easily removable but then that’d make it a prohibited firearm, being then in the same category as an AK or other “evil” weapon (even an FAL is prohib up here).

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

There is something so wrong about that whole concept.

Especially the FAL prohibition.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

A weapon that the Canadian military used for so long (C1A1 was our designation for the FAL), those vets can’t even legally own the weapon they used back in the day.

I might do a thread on the firearm laws up here, give you guys an idea of what we can and can’t have as well as more of the down right retarded laws we have when it comes to firearms and ammunition.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

The only rifle that can hold more than 5 rounds is a m1 garand in canada.

pistols limited to 10 rounds

though ruling says if the original function was to hold 5 and you can then make it hold more by using different caliber it is ok. Beowulf 50 mag hold 15 shots of 223 in a 5 round mag designed for 50

stupid thing AR platform restricted cant hunt with. Tavor .. sure you can use unrestricted as long as barrel over 16 inches. semi auto is semi auto no matter how you dress it up function should be the determining factor. They just banned two legal rifles that are $4000 a piece because they cant tell difference between . modifiable one to full auto and one set to single semi mode. Kicker they are NOT THE SAME GUN and have never been used in crime. Irony police at range complain they are losing guns…. only one who can have has to have prohibited weapon license… mainly civilian old people.

Rumor about them wanting to ban 50 cal

good thing got rid of the ammo vagaries so up to judge what excessive ammo is.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

You can still get Lee Enfield 10 round mags, but since it’s a bolt action rifle the 10 rounds are okay. Rim fire rifles don’t have ammunition restrictions either. I can have a 100 round mag for my 10/22, but I can’t let my SKS hold 6+ rounds. That makes a hell of a lot of sense huh?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.