Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I don’t drink coffee but the others here do. I tried this recipe as it’s prime dandelion season at the moment – got good reviews from here – but no big ‘caffeine’ punch. But, if you like coffee, it might help comfort/routine in SHTF if you can’t get ‘real’ coffee/beans.

Here’s the link

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Here’s another option, but beware, no caffeine and some slight medicinal attributes.

http://agardenerstable.com/2012/04/23/homemade-chicory-coffee/

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I have coffee and green tea stored for two years. I love my green tea, I drink it with no sugar. The same goes with the coffee.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Me too Freedom, love green tea. Sencha organic, Kagoshima, Japan.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Big fan of tea here. We are actually going to grow our own tea. I also have a bigger variety of green tea at home than I care to admit.

Tea and other herbal cures will be valuable in the future, if not for medicinal then for cultural and recreational use.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Not a big tea drinker but others are. Hmmm…I wonder if there’s a variety I can grow here? (Not an herbal tea)

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I am looking into growing tea here. Not many will even know it is tea.

Frozenthunderbolt
    Frozenthunderbolt
    Survivalist
    member4

Growing Assam and china tea at the moment – have made and drunk my own green tea before – it was very pleasant, even though it was not made from the prime tips.
    I have 1 coffee tree growing and have my fingers crossed for cuttings i have taken from it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.