Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

May I ask a really ‘dumb’ question? Why are you still there, Leopard? Seems like the Jews in Germany, things getting so bad, yet hanging on to businesses and homes… What is your life worth? Your son’s life? I am truly concerned for you…

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Many saffers stay out of a deep love of country.
    Their families built that place out of nothing, there is a pride of accomplishment that is seldom seen elsewhere.

Most places one could emigrate to require a certain level of financial liquidity, several years wages to prove you won’t be a burden. (Unlike our illegals) This equates to thousands upon thousands of dollars.

Then there’s property/homes to dispose of, have to find a buyer.

And wherever you go, it won’t be home.
    I have talked with a number of expat saffers who still lament the copper sunset, the rugged beauty, their country. And that’s after being gone 10, 20, 30 years.

Its all of thia and more, am I correct Leopard.

And then there the stubborness that we all share, not willing to give in to a bunch of god forsaken animals and lose everything that you built.

Wildartist, look at it this way.
    Crime, politics, taxes go through the roof, we can move thousands of miles without even changing our phone number. We move from Detroit , MI to Fruitland Texas, nobody blinks an eye. You don’t even have to change your drivers license for a time. But leaving a country that is the size of a state? Where does one go, and when? Much like that proverbial frog in the pot, its getting a little warm but why jump yet.

All that and more.
    There’s little flashes of hope, Orania, the western Cape, something good could still happen.

And one last thought, going back to the national history, and pride.
    Have a listen to some of the Afrikaaner songs by Bok Van Blerk and others that have been posted here, on YouTube.
    Especially those with subtitles, it helps.
    There’s a love for country that even we Americans can’t grasp today. Our grandparents generation, the WWII generation yes but its hard for us to feel that, especially when we can so easily move from LA to Sandpoint Idaho without even changing football teams.

Have a listen to “Tym om te trek” and ” Die Kaplyn”, remembering that the Saffers were defending their country right into the 90’s. That fight is still fresh. Trek is about staying despite everything Africa has thrown at him.

There is no easy answer.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I will second Whirli’s comments about the Bok Van Blerk songs that Leopard posted, and others that you can listen to online. They are “love of country” powerful in a way that I can’t think of a single American singer that does the same. Even when it isn’t subtitled to know the words, you can still feel what he is saying.

All that said, the country that Bok, Leopard, and others love so deeply is self destructing and possibly heading towards a racial civil war. The tinder has accumulated just waiting for the spark to set it off The question that the whites in SA have to ask themselves is whether they can win such a war, and if so is it a price they are willing to pay.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Are white urban folks moving to the white farms/ranches?
    Robin

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Quite a few times I have encouraged Leppard to flee for safety. At the moment I’m looking at the mess in the US and asking myself how can this be fixed, knowing that it won’t be fixed. Understanding a move out of the country will not fix what is coming anyway.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Robin wrote:</div>Are white urban folks moving to the white farms/ranches?<br>
    Robin

That’s part of the problem, the white farmers are being targeted for murder because they’re white.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

I understand what all of you are saying to a great degree. I know I love America even though it grieves me to see the current “leader” taking it to its knees. And yes, there are very few Americans (esp singers) who are patriotic any more. I wouldn’t leave the US despite all its faults, which will rapidly deteriorate like SA after the right trigger in this current slow slide to the bottom. So Leopard has her reasons…

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Wow. Crazy stories coming out of South Africa. Stay safe Leopard.

‘Memorial for South African family dead in ax killing’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-2937827/Memorial-South-African-family-dead-ax-killing.html

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Sorry- I‘ve been a bit busy. It is not a dumb question at all, Wildartist. And it’s been on many white South Africans minds for many years. But lately it’s been a burning question.
    The way our Pres Zuma and his friend Malema openly speak about how much they hate white people. That white people should be killed. Who in their right mind would stay and fight?
    65 million black people against 5 million white. How many of the 5 million are men; old people, children. No, all 65 million black people does not want to kill white people. And it is not in South African white people’s nature to attack other people. But we have it in our blood to not give up and simply try and fix it. Make it work. Yes, we are stubborn enough to keep on working, paying taxes to a government that blames us for just about anything they can think of. In the cities we live in areas we try to keep safe.
    Some people travel to safe places where they walk, jog or cycle in groups over weekends. With stress levels fairly high I am slightly addicted to daily exercise.
    This morning a walked past a school in my area and listened to the parents talking Afrikaans. People greet you even though it is Johannesburg and they do not know you. A guy stopped his car and showed that I should cross the street, smiling friendly. I felt safe. I wondered what the parents of the 700 children would do if the grid collapse (the spark that will unleash the hatred of the hungry) – the “Spark” like Mountainbiker said.
    Leaving the school area I took a quiet street towards the edge of the ‘white’ neighbourhood. I would cross the street if black people walk in the same street. They always walk slowly, probably because they walk throughout the whole day. Always keeping my distance and watching their hands. If a car drive past I will walk further away from the road where possible. (Finger straight, hand inside my handbag) You might criticize, but something I do sometimes. Wearing clothes that cannot cover up being armed – I feel good hand inside my bag hanging just the right length. There are a few options.., spray; shock; stab or shoot.
    And tonight I am inside my house, work keeping me busy. Good appetite after a few days of good exercise. And I am wondering what people on the other side of the world would think about my cooking. Tonight we had lamb with carrots that spend some time cooking slowly, falling of the bone in a red wine sauce with brown basmati rice. Lots of fresh creamed spinach (I use chana dal flour for sauce) and sweetpotato/butternut with cinnamon.
    Say this lady gets to leave her country – how would it be like to cook for other people …? Lol
    If I could I would have left like the rest of my family many years ago. They had the right qualifications and left before the world economy started going into a depression. Some people cannot leave or even afford a plane ticket. I asked a black employee this afternoon, if he would leave the country if he could find a job in a first world country. He said he would like to leave, but only if he could take his mother and wife and children and sister and brother and their children. He would then go – but could never leave them here. He will be able to call another country home if he had his family around him, safe.
    I would also be easier leave if I could get the few members left out of the country – need not even be all on the same continent. Just out of Africa. I am willing to move to America, Europe, Spain, Russia NZ, Australia…
    And yes, like Whiribird said. South Africa is beautiful – The wild animals like the lions, Rhino, elephants and buffalo in all the reserves with the African sun are special. My friends and family that left from 15 years, 11 years ago – most of them very happy in their work, made the new country their own. Gave up their South African citizenships (something our home affairs ask people to do) They miss South Africa terribly – they will talk about how they miss the smell of the African bush just after the rain, the warm sunsets, the food and their people. But most have given up on the idea of returning. Many people still have family here that they are worried about.
    Robin, the older farmers are selling their farms, and moving into closest towns because of farm murders. People are moving from Gauteng to the Cape. Some people are preparing farms (survivalist type) but not the average people. People would rather leave if they had the money, not buy a farm in South Africa where the government are trying to write new laws preventing South Africans from owning private property. South Africa is a very big mess. Gauteng the most dangerous.
    But we do not see moving from the South to Northern Africa as an option. People rather leave the continent. Although the white people might get attacked during or after xenophobic attacks start in full scale, I do not see white against black civil war. Whites might defend themselves but we are too little. We will dig in and simply stay and irritate them. That is why they are killing us now today during robberies every day. One of my friends got attacked while I was writing this, tonight. He is not hurt. Defended himself and they left in a “hurry”

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, good to hear from you and that your friends all right.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, why does the govt. want people to give up their citizenship when they leave SA? Are they afraid that they might want to come back? Come what may I don’t think I’d ever give up my US citizenship.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, why does the govt. want people to give up their citizenship when they leave SA? Are they afraid that they might want to come back? Come what may I don’t think I’d ever give up my US citizenship.

Just a guess, but if the whites leave, they don’t want them back.
    Seems like they don’t want them there regardless though, at least those in ‘power’.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

People working outside the country can still vote – and they will vote against the ANC goverment. Hoping things will improve and they can return to their country…
    Family and friends that left the country were told they are not allowed duel citizenship. The choice was easy – new country. They are making it more difficult to apply for Visa to visit SA as well. From May 2015 everybody need to apply in person for a Visa. Even if it means traveling thousands of kilometers to the closest South African embassy, that will be the case for people in United Stated and China.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Shale gas mining (SGM), is presently banned or under some form of restriction or moratorium in more than a hundred places around the world, including states, cities and countries like France, Bulgaria and Germany. In the United States, New York State has recently extended their ban on fracking, citing public health concerns as one of the main reasons.

Seems like we are loosing the battle to save the Karoo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Qs2qxr70k

http://www.treasurethekaroo.co.za/

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Vermont had banned fracking 3 years ago despite the risk being low that anyone would come here looking to frack. It was more a theoretical stance than real and as such the ban was not controversial. In NY State it is controversial because banning fracking is hitting local economies that made money off of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.