Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

November 18 : Dog attacks a robber that is armed with AK47, giving owner time to draw his weopon.. Very sad

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I would find them, and they would never be dead enough.
    But it would take a long while.
    A very long while.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Things are falling apart. In the last week we have had two full days of electricity. The last three days our area had a few hours of electricity very late at night. They give a little bit in the middle of the night when people are sleeping.
    I go to sleep early and do my washing and computer work in the early hours of the morning. … well, Dark Africa. I had to drive through busy streets on Friday night. I was pleasantly surprised to see that traffic was heavy but everybody stopped at every single crossing – carefully taking their turn. Most of the shopping centres lit up and functioning. Will stick to the good neighbourhoods.
    I disconnect the electrical appliances as soon as the electricity goes off. When it comes back on I re connect it all on again – prevents it from getting damaged by spike in electricity. Hope I will be able to keep it up. I’ve changed my freezers setting to the coldest. It is scary to buy more food in case the electricity does not come back.
    We are used to not having electricity for short periods at a time – we are adapting slowly. But the economy is spiralling down…

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, is crime increasing during the periods without power? Or just in general?

Keep your gas tank full and be ready to head to safety, wherever that may be.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, over on the survivalistboards there is a SA section that ia very friendly.
    They also have a lot of sources for local gear and prep supplies listed.

A resident of zim has been writing of things like this for years now, Cathy Buckle, a blind libtard its still interesting to read her colorful description of what’s happening down there.

I wish you the best and hope you and yours stay safe, watching SA from afar I can see things deteriorating much too rapidly for my tastes. I would be seriously ramping up my preps both offensive and defensive.

Don’t be afraid to do what you have to do, you are in an unusual situation down there,

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

The shopping center closest to me got robbed this morning. Nobody got seriously hurt. I weren’t home. Left home about an half an hour before the robbery. Police friend informed me. Every year November, December – this time of year the crime shoots up. Millions of people cross the borders to go back home for Christmas. From the 24 Dec there will be almost no crime. Some places get robbed if they are open on New Year’s Day. Normally it starts picking up around the 15 of January.
    With the electricity off, the poor neighbourhood’s get hit hard. The mostly white areas/businesses have got private generators that start instantly as the power goes. If you are clever you also make sure your gate motor runs on a battery that last about a day or two without electricity. Fairly important to be able to get back into your property if electricity goes off while you are out. That is why I believe in spikes on the wall. It slows them down when your electic fence might not be working.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard,
    If you aren’t armed, you may well want to start the process now.

I can’t put my finger on it yet, but something is making the whole situation there stick in my mind. The last time it was this bad, I was working a couple of sex assaults and couldn’t get them out of my mind until I had solved the puzzles.

Keep your wits about you, something just doesn’t feel right.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, do you know if there is an increase in people heading for the exit door from SA at this time? In the US all of the most exclusive real estate parts of the country are seeing many wealthy Chinese buying homes, sending their kids to school, and even coming over to give birth to their children, all of which I take as a sign that the elite in China know their ponzi scheme isn’t going to last. In fact some say that it is the Chinese that are keeping prices up for the high end properties on account of how many are buying. It would be telling if SA’s elite are doing the same, though it would be for different reasons than the Chinese.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Never without it, Whirlibird. I know someone somewhere is trying to break our economy to the ground. We still run on just a few hours of electricity a day throughout the whole of South Africa. Last night the electricity lasted a few minutes and it will go again. I’ve got about 6 extra batteries charged for my VHF hand radio, because the mobile phone signals beginning to disappear. Vehicles filled up.
    Mountainbiker, I know of two more families that’s leaving for N Zealand end of this month. Most people leaving towards the South- Cape. Older people selling their farms. Those that can leave are leaving now. Many Chinese buying into SA for many years now.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Analysis of the monthly national crime data for the five years from April 2006 to March 2011 revealed that murder and serious assault increased by as much as 50% during December each year.
    Violent crimes that South Africans fear most including murder, attempted murder and robbery have increased dramatically over the past two years, the Institute for Security Studies (ISS) said.
    http://citizen.co.za/295311/violent-crimes-increased-sa-iss/ Yip, we call it silly season

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I’d probably call it hunting season.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

:) Sounds so much better.. and effective

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Four farm residents murdered so far in 2015
    14:13 (GMT+2), Tue, Tuesday, January 06, 2015
    By Lloyd Phillips

At least three farmers or residents on farms were murdered in the first six days of 2015, with a fourth possible murder still to be confirmed.

TAU SA reported that Willem Skippie de Klerk was killed in Rustenburg in the North West on 3 January. Then, on 4 January, André du Preez of Ifafi, also in the North West, was murdered, as was Stick Green of KwaZulu-Natal’s Estcourt area.

TAU SA added that it had received a report of another farm murder on 4 January involving an as yet unknown victim in the North West’s Rietfontein area.

Preliminary statistics collected by TAU SA revealed that there were 65 murders in 273 farm attacks nationwide during 2014.

“The mere fact that available [farm murders/farm attacks] statistics do not reflect any declining tendency, seen against the background of declining numbers of commercial farmers, in fact reflect an increase of violent crimes on farms,” said Chris van Zyl, TAU SA’s assistant general manager: policy liaison.
    “It could therefore be concluded that the Rural Safety Strategy of the SAPS, and the practical implementation thereof, is not showing positive results.”
    Meanwhile, Kwanalu said it was “very, very disappointed” and concerned to learn of Green’s murder in the province despite the significantly increased policing over the festive season.
    “We still find that self-enrichment through robbery is the main motivation for farm attacks and farm murders in KZN,” said Koos Marais of the Kwanalu security desk.
    “It’s disappointing to learn that most farm attacks still occur as a result of poor security. We call on farmers to increase security around their homes. This homestead security must be on a par with those in city areas.” http://www.farmersweekly.co.za/news.aspx?id=67430&h=Fourfarmresidentsmurderedsofarin2015

By 7 January there were 5 confirmed farm murders…Latest a 75 year old lady, strangled with wire. Why kill old people ..for self-enrichment?? And I would like to know how you farm while being in your “safe homestead” the whole day. Farmers can not afford to fence in their whole farm with a proper security fence. …idi0t

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, that Koos Marais is sort of blaming the farmers for letting themselves be murdered. Maybe someone needs to tell the politicians that “no farms = no food” or at a minimum more expensive imported food subject to the whims of geo-politics.

Profile photo of tzizh
    tzizh
    Survivalist
    member2

this is a case of stuff owning you. Anyone who could would leave such an area. But when all of your net worth is in land and buildings and if nobody will buy it from you, having to leave is a disaster.. It’s even worse if all you know in the way of making money is attached/related to that property. If I had the money you need to set up security there, I”d have the money needed to get out, and I would. Particularly the part about not being able to carry weapons would drive me away, rather quickly. When I was in Pretoria, in 1979, I saw all that coming, but back then, you could concealed carry and have an autorifle at home and in the vehicle. So people have had plenty of time to see the writing on the wall and bail out, yet they have not done so

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.