Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

You did what you could GS, and you now know more about your neighbors than you did before the neighborhood watch effort. Nothing formal here but we do keep an eye out for each other. Yesterday I come home from Christmas shopping (figured it was probably time to get it done) and I see footprints in the snow to both my front door and the side door. Nobody left anything nor was there a note from whoever it was so I call a neighbor and ask if they saw who came to the house. They told me who it was. After New Years when those folks head to Florida for the winter I will make sure a path is shoveled to the front and back doors and will clear in front of the garage so as to better make it look like someone’s home. Their son-in-law will plow the driveway. We all compare notes on what’s going on with the white trash neighbors, especially the loser druggie son. We keep tabs on the neighborhood despite no crime at all. The last break-in I heard about in this area was about 5 years ago a few miles up the road in the next town. The woman living there shot at the robber and that was that.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

That’s really decent of you, MountainBiker. Most people today (except the older ones) don’t even think along the lines of doing something for someone else simply because of the golden rule – it’s not taught anymore. Thank you for keeping it going on your area, and for a few neighbors that also appear to have that same spirit of community. It’s certainly fitting what week that showed up on the Forum, too. It’s what it is (or should be) all about.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Well GS, so much for the nothing ever happens around here. I just saw in the news that last evening some guy from Pennsylvania driving through the parking lot of a shopping plaza in a nearby town shot some random woman he didn’t know. He then drove straight to the police station and turned himself in. The woman was just wounded in the arm and will be OK. I was Christmas shopping in that plaza yesterday morning. We have so few shootings that this is a top news story across the State. Bloomberg’s anti-gun organization is going to have a field day with it. I have no doubt but that they were thrilled that this shooting occurred.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well the obvious solution is to not let out of state people into Vermont. Close the borders :)

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The drive-by shooting was quite the topic of conversation at the Town hall today. There was some wishful thinking of “if only someone with a gun was right there to take him out” so that VT wouldn’t be on the hook to spend a bunch of money for the guy’s psychological evaluations, public defenders, jailing him etc. Failing that, towards the same objective of not incurring the expense, option two was “wish we could just string him up”. The thinking was we have enough of our own crazies without taking Pennsylvania’s too. This was mostly a female group by the way. No suggestions at all that guns might be the problem but they did note that the guy was a poor shot being he only hit the woman in the arm. Folks were shocked that something like that could happen here though. It hadn’t been on the forefront of their thinking. Meanwhile tourism is our biggest industry so the welcome mats are out. Just leave the crazies at home is all we ask.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I have fond memories of my grandparents taking us with them on trips up to Maine for vacations. Interestingly, the best memories were of the stops in Vermont. I thought it was the most beautiful state of all the bunch between Michigan and Maine on those trips (though I did enjoy seeing the Old Man of the Mountain in NH, and was saddened recently to learn that he’d finally collapsed). I heartily endorse the beauty of Vermont. I particularly enjoyed stopping by an old country store (can’t remember where it was), with a cracker barrel (we’re talking 1950s). I heard that old store is still there, but probably more of a tourist attraction now than it was back then. Oh – and the old (original, I think) Orvis facility, complete with lake to the side for practicing and trying out equipment.

(Sorry to hijack the South Africa thread. We now return you to that topic. :-) )

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I don’t know how fast he was going, but shooting from a moving vehicle accurately is pretty difficult. The shooter has to subtract the speed of the vehicle and aim behind the target. Traveling at 35 mph shooting at a target 25′ away and at 90 degrees, a bullet traveling at 1000fps will have a horizontal drift of 1.2 feet. Just saying.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I like your news way more than our news. 5 years! Mountainbiker – “The last break-in I heard about in this area was about 5 years ago.” wow ! Just wow

On tracks and footprints. I do not know if they still do this, but in many game reserves close to the border between South Africa and Mozambique the whole camping grounds (area) used to be raked in the late afternoon. In the morning you could then see if any animals or human visitors were inside the camp during the night. For children it simply meant fewer thorns while running around barefoot. I have a section in front of my gate that I spray with a bit of water in the late afternoon – like a bit of rain. It gives me a clean slate to read the following morning. The same with thin layer of dust on a vehicle, especially on a darker colour.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, anything that happens elsewhere happens here too, just less frequently. I think the primary difference is simply no big cities and hardly any diversity. That makes for a more polite society I think. There is lots of poverty in the countryside and small towns but in most cases that just means they are poor. Being poor doesn’t automatically equate to being “white trash”. Drugs are a huge problem everywhere and that drives most of the robberies that we do have. Drugs also pull in criminals from New York and Massachusetts urban centers selling their wares and on occasion bringing their violent ways with them. We’ve got our share of crazies too.

GS, Orvis is still there with their pond.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

GS, Orvis is still there with their pond.

Ahhhhh…. Something left over from that “good stuff” of the past. I hope they didn’t get bought out and deteriorate like LL Bean did. I used to love that place.

Leopard, while there are relatively few areas in the U.S. that even come close to what you’re experiencing in SA, most of us aren’t as fortunate as MountainBiker. Rural areas, particularly if they’re not on main highways like our Interstate system, still have peaceful, relatively safe areas where most everybody knows everybody else, and they tend to look out for one another. That’s declining more and more in the more populated areas around even relatively small cities.

In our area there has been a fair amount of crime for many years the closer one gets to the city. But where we are it was quite peaceful and safe. Then Hurricane Katrina hit, and the “refugees” came. They brought with them their attitudes of expectation, and their propensity toward crime. They never left. And they’ve fanned out across the area. Our once safe neighborhood is now like most everywhere else except the types of wonderful places (except for the snow and cold weather – hah hah!) MountainBiker lives in, and most of Maine where Tolik has apparently settled. A number of other places like Wyoming, out west, are also like that. But they’re fewer and farther between.

And being rural and off main roads doesn’t necessarily guarantee peace and tranquility – our Indian “reservations” are a blatant example of poverty, alcoholism, drugs, sexual abuse, and feelings of hopelessness among many. But the vast majority of the rest of the U.S. has no clue almost to their very existence, let alone the conditions, or what our government has done to them over the centuries. The man who’s pictured on our $20 bill (President Andrew Jackson) actively encouraged and even ordered the extermination of whole groups of American Indians as they were pushed further and further out of their lands – but we “celebrate” our great presidents, just as you all “celebrated” your recently departed peace-loving president {choke!}. And the vast majority of Americans know nothing about that part of our history, because it simply isn’t taught. This is still a much better country to live in, in my opinion, than almost anywhere else on the earth, but like the value of the $US, that’s only relative anymore.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Some days I want to just take a few things and leave and never look back.

I know we need to just wait. The rain will come. But what do you do when you are out on a farm and what’s left in the river is mud and sludge. You need to water your plants and the animals need water to drink – it is very hot. Above 40 degrees Celsius in many places. People are selling their animals to be slaughtered. Others have not got the means to move their animals.
    Some towns even without drinking water for two weeks. Other going for 10 days.
    If only the people “in control” would realize they are not capable of looking after their country’s people. The rivers…The dams…The water purifications systems. Animals are already dying of hunger, how long before the people are going to be dying.
    We could have been much more prepared for this disaster

Daily state of dams in SA

https://www.dwa.gov.za/Hydrology/daily/default.aspx

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Wow. A couple of those dams are just about empty. Farmers selling animals under duress like that don’t get the best prices and then eventually prices go up for consumers as a result of a smaller supply.

Leopard, the people in control are shielded from the effects of their decisions and/or ineptitude. It is theoretical for them.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Sadly, I used to scoff at the idea of depopulation being an objective of those in control. Heck – I wasn’t even convinced that there even was really a group that was in control above the national level (that was a L O N G time ago, hah hah!). But the evidence seems to be more and more clear that depopulation is actually intended, and “they” don’t care who it really is, because “they” will take care of their own few, and the rest really don’t matter. They will be much better able to manage all the resources, etc., with much smaller populations. And if they can manage to get rid of the opposition, especially, all the “better.”

There! Have I secured permanent rights to a tin foil hat?

Seriously Leopard, I really don’t think they CARE about the general population. As MountainBiker said, “the people in control are shielded from the effects of their decisions and/or ineptitude. It is theoretical for them.” And therefore it doesn’t even matter to them whether they are inept (as long as the consequences don’t come back to bite them). One must truly understand Marxism – and it isn’t easily obvious in the Communist Manifesto (though it’s there, if one knows where and how to look for it). Hint: forget about all the bovine excrement about an idyllic economic system that benefits all the little people. It’s much like Jesus speaking in parables, except the hidden meaning is NOT uplifting and instructive – it’s destructive and even damning to the little people (defined as everyone that isn’t part of the leaders of the movement). It’s pure evil, and it’s origin is deeper and older than almost anyone realizes anymore – to their peril. You’re in our prayers in the Georgia Saint household, and I suspect others here as well.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I ran across this article today. It puts the exclamation point on the issue. http://www.politicsweb.co.za/news-and-analysis/whites-deserve-to-be-hacked-and-killed-like-jews–
    “Whites deserve to be hacked and killed like Jews”

News24 Correspondent | 06 January 2016″

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Another tear in the fabric of human decency. All over the world, one group is tearing apart another group. As Leopard and his countrymen struggle with a serious drought, I wonder how much it is exacerbating the turmoil in his country. Groups of people fighting over limited resources. Meanwhile, the “leaders” sit back and watch the little people tear each other apart. The more for them when bloodshed ends.

Saint: The tin foil hat brigade gets bigger and bigger everyday. I think my wife is planning a work version and dress version. Perhaps we need to find something a little sturdier than tin foil.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.