Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

http://www.emt.co.za/ ? Emergency Medical Training ?

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Tell me and I will forget (Paramedic Documentary)

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Blend in with the rest for the main reason – to be left at peace in your own little world. That would mean not to speak up. Not to stand out or attract any attention.

To learn survival skills and practice, is safer than to keep a lot off tin food. Learning survival skills to protect your family and to feed them. It is important not to be seen as a threat for the government, while you are simply preparing to survive an economic collapse.

There is similarity with situation here. Since we had brutal war 20 years ago some things are not smart here to be seen.
    If you are interested in survival here, storing food, love weapon (too much) automatically they (government) look at you as a guy who “invoke” rioting, war, hate etc.
    So it make huge sense here to keep low profile in being survivalist.

I agree with others here, government and law can say whatever they want to say, do and prepare for what make sense.
    How many normal folks there “obeying” laws about what they can have and what they can not have of weapons (and how much)?

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Leopard,
    I will be praying for the Lord’s protection over you and your family.
    Your story is amazing and has given me a lot of insight into how to prepare for home defense-related situations.
    Thank you so much for sharing!

Profile photo of Tuffhorse
    Tuffhorse
    Survivalist
    member1

Incredible story, Leopard. I cannot imagine what you and your family must go through every day. We do not lock our doors in my part of Missouri. We share what we have and help one another out and it has been that way since I can remember.

Profile photo of Hbarh
    Hbarh
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Leopard, you get to Nebraska look me up. that’s tough, living like that i’m sure.

Profile photo of antlion
    antlion
    Survivalist
    member1

Hi Leopard

I just don’t know how people do it over there. Familiarity I guess as you mentioned. It sucks…take away the citizens weaponry (registered, above board guns), the crims still have them (unregistered, illegal guns). Very tough situation. Same in USA.

My brothers girlfriends family, the Kellermans (as in Wouter Kellerman musician…not sure if you heard of him) had the grandparents experience a home invasion. As I understand her grandfather was beaten about the head and died a week later. Her mother was broken into shortly after and ended up defending herself with a kitchen knife. Not sure if coincidental but the situations happened so close together it was very sad but also a bit weird.

I have no idea what their preps were like but they were peaceful people from what I gather. Such a rough place to live and a lot of ‘Us and Them’ going on. It’s not for me but I didn’t grow up there and I have to respect your decision to dig your heels in especially when your govt is making thing harder prep wise! Safe travels Leopard. Antlion

Profile photo of Jax
    Jax
    Survivalist
    member1

Every time I arrive in South Africa I feel my hyper-vigilance buttons toggle to on. The eyes in the back of my head come to the shocking realisation that they had been sleeping for months. My proximity sense gets an overload. The point here is the fatigue just from breathing in South Africa, never mind driving or walking.

The average South African does not even realise how much stress they have to cope with every day. This fatigue might also explain some of the bad service delivery. If you are tired you cannot think straight. This is bad for your interaction with people in the marketplace. It adds to the already abundant racial tension, that is a poker game in itself.

Most non-resident South Africans want to go back home. It is not easy giving up hearth and home.

Profile photo of libbylindy
    libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

Leopard, you are an amazing person to be able to live in these conditions on an on-going basis. I realize that eventually, you will kind of get used to that lifestyle, but you said there was a time in your life when you were younger, that you remembered you didn’t have to lock your doors against humankind. I don’t like what is happening in our country, but I fear this is the road we are traveling and will end up just like your country if we don’t wake up and take some control of these out-of-control events we allow to happen. Now we are allowing it; soon we will no longer be able to control it even if we wanted to. What a major wake up call this is to us!
    mariowen

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Will be visiting Jo’burg and CT later this year to advance my training, great examples Leopard of what we can learn from S.Africa, thanks for sharing!

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

How many normal folks there “obeying” laws

Most white people obeyed when we had to re-apply for licenses. I do not know if people keep to the 4 boxes of 50 rounds. I do not think people would easily keep stockpiles of ammunition. I practice with reloads that cheaper than new rounds and I can buy it at the shooting range. Better to safe money.
    The Government has got a list of registered gun owners. They do not have a list of all the people living inside South Africa. Most of those people fingerprints are not in the system. They can do armed robberies without wearing gloves and do not even bother to cover their faces most of the time.
    I do know that most people do not know about the new dangerous weapons act. It is against the law to have a plastic look alike toy pistol. http://www.sabreakingnews.co.za/2014/01/21/sa-ushers-in-new-dangerous-weapons-act/ I do understand that they are trying to disarm the people rioting, but at the same time they are taking away everybody’s means to defend themselves. It is in their nature for old black people to travel with a knop kierie (walking stick)
    Someone somewhere in the world decided it would be a good idea to make South Africa as “safe” as possible.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Someone somewhere in the world decided it would be a good idea to make South Africa as “safe” as possible. — Leopard

Erm.. you don’t really believe that the SA Government was acting in the name of “safety”, do you?

Fact is, over 100 million people were killed by their own governments in the 20th century. This is not including war. This is “load them into the cattle truck and drive them to the concentration camp. We will kill them later, at our convenience”.

In every instance of genocide in the 20th century, starting with the Turks killing 1.3 Armenians around 1915, the genocide was preceded by weapons confiscation, which was preceded by registration. Oh, sure, they said you can apply for permits, etc. But guess who wasn’t “permitted” weapons? The Armenians. Same story, every instance of genocide… The power of the Government to say “yes” is also the power of the Government to say “no”. And if you recognize their authority, legitimize it, then you have absolutely no recourse. None.

Government: “You have to “register” your weapons in the instance of “safety”.
    Citizens: “Uhh, okay?” (registers firearms)
    – 2 years later
    Government: “We have to take your weapons in the name of “safety!”
    Citizens: “Erm… okay?”
    – 2 years later
    Government: “Get on the cattle truck. We have to relocate you for your own “safety”.
    Citizens: “Uhh.. no?”
    Government shoots citizens who do not comply. The rest of the citizens get on the cattle trucks.

The ONLY reason a Government requires its own citizens to “register” their firearms is so they can have a working list of who owns what, so that later they can take them away. There is NO other reason, despite what the Government says. They lie. They only thing they want is YOU at their mercy.

“Registration” does NOT make anyone “safer”. How can it? The only people who will comply with an order to register their firearms are gullible people who obey the law and trust their government, NOT criminals or revolutionaries. So, in effect, the government that requires its own citizens to register their weapons is actively working to disarm them, which will leave them at the mercy of the thugs, goons, bad guys, and yes the Government as well…

Not trying to get you in trouble, but if it were me, I would buy everything I could and stash it where I could get to it easily. Have something the Government can confiscate eventually, but keep back weapons and ammo that they don’t know about and can never find. Calling the police? Like calling for “safety” is like ordering a delivery pizza? Yeah, right. Not me, friend. Us here in the United States are already staring down the barrel of another potential civil war, the ONLY thing keeping the government at bay is the fact that 100 million of us are armed with weapons of military usefulness… I would hate to think what our lot in life would be if we didn’t have them.

The government that has enough weapons to wipe out life on earth is afraid of me owning a rifle of military usefulness? Or a magazine that holds 30 cartridges?

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

NB: The Turks killed 1.3 million Armenians… I forgot the word “million”… my bad.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

That is what I meant with “safe” – just the opposite. The very first thing our friends that leave the country for America brag about, is how much easier it is to buy weapon’s. You are right. I would love to be able to speak my mind openly. We have learned not to trust anybody.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Leopard,

I did not mean to give offense. The situation here in the States stinks, but it’s not nearly as bad as South Africa. If you all have one advantage over us, it’s that the ANC and their Goons are incompetent. Our goons are more competent, which makes them more dangerous, but there are more goons in South Africa who don’t want you there… like, most of the black population? At least we still retain the right to own weapons…

I know I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know, but I don’t like the idea of something happening to you all… If you can’t flee South Africa, then I would be teaming up with like-minded folks and forming a plan – in secret if you have to. When things go bad, you have to know where you’re going to go and how you’re going to get there. You’re in the city, right? Sorry to say, but you’re outnumbered right now. Things go bad, them injuns will be looking to take your scalp just because you’re white.

You do what you need to do to protect you and yours. Have a Plan B. Arm yourselves as best you can – and if things are going to go the way I think they are – you are going to need everyone you can spare working a trigger. Male and female both.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.