Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 383 total)
  • Author

Malgus, sounds like Africa. I need to upgrade not downgrade – Lol.

Just read an article but unfortunately in Afrikaans otherwise I would have placed it here. Currently 4 out every 10 cabinet ministers are communists in the South African Cabinet. It seems Jacob Zuma is more in Russia than in any other country. It is obvious that South Africa is turning its back on the West.

Was interesting to see who attended the 70th Victory celebrations of World War II ie. North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba, Zimbabwe, South Arica, China & India. Putin is also getting involved in Zimbabwe now.

I wonder if the West is taking note or even interested?

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

dorette, I don’t think the West cares about Africa at all. Even our President barely pays attention to Africa.

Did you guys see the Victory Day Celebrations in Russia? What does this remind you of?

#Victory70 Highlights: Moscow holds biggest ever military parade on Red Square – go check it out on Google. China and Russia is up to something – just my humble opinion. Between Russia, China and South Africa they just might have a monopoly over some very important resources.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Dorette, thanks for the laugh, I haven’t laughed that hard in ages.

The west doesn’t want zim, even the Rhodesians don’t want that cesspool back, there’s no fixing or repairing what comrade bob and his commies have done.

The only thing vlad is doing is insuring that they get a slice of any minerals that may be left before the chinks steal it all.

Profile photo of P1LGR1M
    P1LGR1M
    Survivalist
    member2

The only protection Zimbabwe has ever needed is from old Bob himself!!

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Thank you, everybody. Wish I had the money to travel and explore first. I think we are used to hot – maybe not rainy that much. There is a lot to look at. First one must be able to move there and find a job – the legal way. Then look at safety (crime and nature) even a bit of politics – for world war III. Then weather/climate. Tax and cost of living.

In the meantime back in wild South Africa. Some footage of attempted robbery http://www.viralbru.com/girlfriends-shoots-at-armed-robbers-inside-house/2/ If you put in burglar bars.. do it properly.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Malgus, sounds like Africa. I need to upgrade not downgrade – Lol.

dorette, let me tell ya…

It was an experience. Panama is thoroughly corrupt at every level. Bribery is just the cost of doing business down that way. Don’t want to bribe anyone or make a stand on principal? Good luck getting anything accomplished…

I was going to be there for a few years, so I had my vehicle shipped down. A Jeep CJ7. Bad idea. Well, a half-bad idea anyways.

I had to get my vehicle “inspected” by the Panamanian “authorities” before they would clear it for use on their roads. Now, you would think that an American 4×4 like a CJ7 – that was already approved and inspected for use on our roads – would have breezed through… yeah, you woulda’ thought that…

Wrong. Inspector Dude gives my Jeep the hairy eyeball for about 2 minutes and then returns with a laundry list of “defects” that I had to have “corrected” before he would approve my vehicle… sigh…

An old hand told me to go to the Class VI – which is literally a military liquor store – buy a bottle of something moderately good and “accidentally” leave it on my front seat with the paperwork, then tell the “inspector” I got everything “corrected”.

I did as bidded. Bought a nice bottle of rum, wrapped it in a brown paper bag and ‘accidentally’ left it on my front seat with the paperwork. Told Inspector Guy that I had all the “defects” fixed, even though it had only been 2 hours (a team of engineers from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory working around the clock with unlimited budget couldn’t have corrected all the “defects” in 2 hours, even if someone resurrected Von Braun himself to head up the team… it just wasn’t humanly possible… didn’t matter).

20 minutes later, my paperwork was approved, the bottle was gone and I was on the road.

I thought: “Here endeth the lesson. Their country, their rules.”

In a way, living down there and having to use a combination of living by your wits, selective bribery and occasionally strong-arming someone, was good practice for our coming troubles… everyone is corrupt and is gunning for a dollar, but not everyone is worth bribing.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Sounds like the Dominican Republic. When my brother returned to the US from his contract working in China years ago, his then fiance (Chinese) didn’t have permission to leave China yet. When that came through her permission hadn’t been granted yet to enter the US. Given the arbitrariness of how China operated in those days, they decided it best she leave China immediately before someone changed their mind and revoked the exit papers. My brother was able to quickly get her a visa to enter the Dominican Republic and so plane tickets were bought and off she went. When she arrived in the DR, my brother wasn’t there to meet her and she didn’t know she had to bribe the folks at the airport so despite her having a valid entry visa she was refused entry. She gets put on a plane headed back to China. The plane makes another stop somewhere in the Caribbean and a sympathetic flight attendant calls my brother. He starts working the phone at the Dominican Consulate while his fiance’s flight then continues on to Paris before the final leg to China. The plane gets to Paris and because she doesn’t have a visa to enter France she gets arrested as an illegal. My brother gets whatever he needs from the DR Consulate before she gets put on a plane back to China where she surely would have been arrested again. She then flies back to the DR and this time he is there to meet her and all is well. My brother had to pay for the extra round trip to Paris so the moral of the story is that sometimes it is just cheaper to pay the bribe. She just didn’t know the rules. They got married and eventually her entry visa into the US came through. She is now a citizen.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Malgus – I thought: “Here endeth the lesson. Their country, their rules.”

Well maybe there is a lesson in this article for all of us. Do not think your government do not notice you bad mouthing them. Look at the photos of this dog lover/ survivalist. I do not know anything more than this article and what was said on the radio.http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/one-shot-ends-12-hour-standoff-pics-1.1857963#.VVNab46qpHw

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

MB,

I’m glad things worked out for your bro and his wife… your story does not surprise me in the least…

I once bore witness to the buying and selling of human beings in Panama. It was my habit to explore odd nooks and spaces in the city, and one day I wound up down at the docks (I had a friend on a clapped-out rat of a cruise ship who was chief of security – an expat Irishman). His ship docked and before I could board, I watched as at least two dozen very pretty girls were lined up, right there, on the dock.

Some were crying. Others looked despondent. One or two looked shell-shocked.

The situation was thus: Goons working for the local brothels would take a ride on the ships heading south to Colombia, then head off to recruit girls to work in the “Free Zone” – the free trade area in port back in Panama. It’s decent enough work in a secure area, and because the economy in Colombia is in the toilet, the girls usually jump at the chance to earn some bucks to send back home…

That’s the hook. They get their passports and give them to the goon so he can “more easily broker” their entry into Panama, part of the deal being the girls had to sign a contract promising to pay “X” dollars to the goon for his services. They’re so desperate, they do it with no questions asked.

Of course, the goons have signed contracts and their passports and, once they hit Panama, the girls are informed that they are now whores working for the goons and their handlers. If the girls try to flee, they have no valid identification since the goons hold the passports. They also have a legal binding contract that says the girls owe the goon a big pile of money for his “services”. Breach of contract or failure to pay will get you thrown in prison, as will being caught without an ID. For years.

The thing is, if you pay a goon for a girl’s contract, you will have it signed over to you – now she owes YOU the money – and you get her passport. She is now effectively yours to do with as you see fit. You own her lock, stock and barrel. The fate of most of these girls is… unpleasant…

And the filth were conducting business right out in the open, trading females, buying and selling them at will… handling their lives like Pokemon cards. All totally “legal”. Funny how that keeps on turning up…

As my Irish friend explained this to me, I inadvertently found my hand creeping closer and closer to my duty weapon. The urge to shoot down these piles of dog sh*^ was so powerful… filthy slavers… it would have been just.. it would have been right... it would have also been an international incident and I would probably still be in prison down there if I had done it…

Just another day….

Edit: I have to also offer this – doing so, would have made me into that which I beheld to be evil. They win. Every man – even slaver filth – is entitled to a fair shake, a day in court. Can’t abandon that and moreover, I had no authority whatsoever to pronounce summary judgement on them…

Power. Power corrupts. Some become that which they beheld and are content that they have done right – the ends justify the means. I am incapable of doing that. You have to answer for everything. If not in this life, then the next…

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Well maybe there is a lesson in this article for all of us. Do not think your government do not notice you bad mouthing them. – Leopard

Of course they notice me.

I’m expendable, and I know it. And I’m okay with it. Failing to speak out against injustice because it might piss off some government apparatchik? That makes me a moral coward.

I’m not advocating violence or overthrowing the government or revolution. Merely observing the way things are… and complaining.

And complaining – even eloquently complaining – about things that are wrong is still protected in this country… .

For now.

PS You shouldn’t have set me on the scent of that article… time to have some fun. :)

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Malgus – I like people that notice something wrong and then try to fix it. That is what makes the world a better place. I also like sharp minds that cannot be manipulated. Good leaders!

I do not like to see people hurting other people and nobody speaks up. And it really bugs me if I’ve got a solution to a problem and some pessimist simply shoots it down.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8
    Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

After identifying the third Violin spider (Loxosceles simillima) with characteristic mark of a violin on the larger part of the violin (towards the front end), I almost dislocated my one finger…the trigger pulling one, killing it. First one was on my bed and the others in a bathroom. All within five days. I think they might be enjoying the warmer house (very cold winter) I’ve got cats control the rat population… Not sure how to go about getting rid of spiders without using foggers (poison)

( link: http://www.cmej.org.za/index.php/cmej/article/view/2547/2582 )

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.