Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

South African TV crew is robbed live on camera, throwing new light on how crime is changing Africa

http://mgafrica.com/article/2015-03-12-south-african-tv-crew-gets-mugged-live-on-camera

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

They clearly didn’t care that they were being filmed. I assume someone will turn them in to get the reward money?

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

The closest you can get to living without a very high wall with spikes and electric fence right around your house, is living in an estate. Very safe one like http://www.privateproperty.co.za/irene-farm-villages-property/1049.htm Then the whole perimeter electrified in the most effective way without it looking like a jail setup. The fence is attached to alarm and patrolled…to keep them out not in : )
    Other neighbourhoods close some off their roads, leaving only one road open that gets monitored by security guards that open a boom gate. Everybody in that neighbourhood club together to pay for 24 hour guard at the gate. You need to fill in a lot of papers to get authorization to do this in South Africa. This brings the crime rate inside the neighbourhood down a little bit.
    Then you get neighbourhoods that simply hire armed security to patrol their area. Signs are on the outside wall of every house showing which company looks after the building. Those security companies have got lawyers on standby in case their guards shoot somebody.
    Now the sad part is you still need to go out of your house to your workplace.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

As long as the grid stays up and the govt is able to maintain at least a minimal level of order, it looks like a great place to live, but as you said you still need to leave the premises for work and other basic life activities even now in “good” times. If I convert the prices to US$ using a 12 to 1 ratio, to me they are very modest. $300,000 buys a lot of house in what looks to be a high end neighborhood.

It was just announced that a black comedian named Trevor Noah from SA is replacing Jon Stewart on The Daily Show. In the US you are either black or not but I suppose in SA he’s considered coloured being one of his parents is white. In the US he’ll be a black guy. This is a wildly popular late night comedy show that includes a heavy dosage of liberal politics. I’m thinking it is possible that his presence could give SA some media coverage again in the US. Jon Stewart is so popular that his replacement will have star status and media coverage out of the gate. I’m not sure when he actually starts.

From what I understand Trevor Noah’s father is German. I enjoy him tremendously and hope it works out for him. He has big shoes to fill. Read this article this morning about South Africans in the USA. The old education system in South Africa was really good and delivered some really impressive people. Just shows you if a seed lands on fertile soil what can happen.

http://www.sablenetwork.com/insights/blogs/what-america-gained-and-south-africa-lost-02-13-2014

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Dorette, I had no idea there were so many influential South Africans in the US. Does the govt. in SA even care that they have lost so many of their best and brightest?

Trevor Noah is off to a bit of a rocky start. He was getting a lot of negative press yesterday over what are perceived to be anti-semitic tweets of his from a few years ago. I’m sure he’ll weather that storm and quickly learn most in the US are supportive of Israel and the Jewish people, even if our President isn’t.

In any event Trevor will garner more media coverage of SA.

Here is a video of newspaper clippings of attacks on whites in the past month or so. It feels like it is escalating I don’t know if it is just me maybe Leopard can weigh in on this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu12wb0mWeM#t=248

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Dorette, in SA is it like in the US where the black on black crime rate is proportionally far higher than black on white or white on black? Though blacks only represent 13% of the population in the US, they commit about 52% of the murders, with the majority of those being black on black crime. Most of it is urban gang and drug related.

Yes, it is. A young black female doctor wrote a book on what it is like to work in the emergency room of a big hospital. How much of the crime is attributed to drugs and alcohol and people in your family or friends. Somehow I think we were shielded from it during Apartheid, however, the farm murders and the level of cruelty attached to it is difficult to understand. Is it maybe because they have all the time in the world to play with the victims? Having a very bad and corrupt police is not helping either.

University of Cape Town students started protesting against the statue of Cecil John Rhodes. They have succeeded in getting the University to agree to remove the statue of a “racist colonialist”. Now the party of Julius Malema the EFF is also jumping on the band wagon in removing all other statues. This letter from an American black person was published in the newspaper this morning. http://www.citypress.co.za/columnists/listen-up-the-european-is-not-your-friend/

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Dorette,
    I had to look up Rhodes bio not being familiar with SA historical figures. It really saddens me that in a time when humans have the most technological advanced society in history, people continue to be so utterly stupid and easily trained to believe virtually anything.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

dorette, the woman who wrote that letter killed a New Jersey State Trooper. She is a convicted murderer hiding in Cuba. Many in the US want her extradited as part of the normalization or relations with Cuba. She talks about US oppression of blacks, yet because blacks hold almost all of the key positions of power in the current administration extraditing her is not a priority.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

however, the farm murders and the level of cruelty attached to it is difficult to understand. Is it maybe because they have all the time in the world to play with the victims? Having a very bad and corrupt police is not helping either. – dorette

Dorette, you know as well as I do that the ANC covets the land the white farmers are on. They want to pull a Mugabe and just take all the land from the whites and then hand it all over to their cronies, with some going to “the people” (meaning: anyone black).

The farm murders – most of the time, nothing at all is taken and the whole family is massacred. That means that robbery is not the primary motivation. Elimination of the family is the motivation.

Why should the ANC do anything at all when they have blacks wiping out families to the last person? With no living heir to the land, I suppose it reverts back to the state, which means the ANC gets it anyway. First, they deny that it’s happening, then they try to downplay how bad it is. They might even pay passing lip service to condemning the slaughter, but in private, you know they support it. They are the slime of humanity.

I’ve seen the pictures, the camera footage. I’ve seen some heinous things in my life, but never carnage and cruelty at that level short of open warfare. Nobody spared. Not even infants. It takes a special kind of evil to do that.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Malgus, you show more understanding of the situation we are in than 90% of the whites living in this country. I cannot understand how the whites have come to this point where they actually just accept the situation. I think years of being told we were wrong and racist and horrible have had its toll. The funny thing is that with them (blacks) now attacking all statues and tearing them down – the gloves are coming off. If you read the comments in the media it is very hateful on both sides. Whites believing that the blacks are lazy, incompetent people who want to be given everything on a platter. Blacks who believe that all the riches whether it be your house, your business or farm was achieved because of Apartheid on the backs of black labour. The funny thing is that during Apartheid the hospitals, universities etc. for the blacks were far better than now. The government hospitals is currently in an absolute state and so is education and the police. Everything is deteriorating at a speed so fast it is almost incomprehensible. What I have come to realise is that we actually cannot live together in one country. The differences in culture is just too huge. Throwing excrement around at statues and at government buildings when they are unhappy about some or other thing whether it is a white colonialist statue or poor service delivery. Burning, breaking, necklacing, zenophobia on other black immigrants. The level of cruelty on their own kind, on animals and whites alike is just not something I can come to grips with. Somehow, we were shielded from it during Apartheid. It was kept away from us and I would be a liar if I tell you I do not want that security again. I am sorry, but I cannot live under these circumstances any longer. Spoke to a policeman who used to work in the townships during Apartheid and he said it has always been like that. Black on black violence is just as cruel. Not long ago a father beat the mother of his child with the baby – needless to say the baby died. What kind of person does that? You tell me? I really do not know what to do except to pray at this point that my children will be spared. I have no faith in Africa and especially South Africa at all. We were fools.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.