Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of crockwave
    crockwave
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Curtis R, 56, male, Dallas TX USA

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I have been prepping since 2008. I purchased some raw land in March of that year just to get closer to nature, but later that year, when Barack Obama was gearing up for his first presidential election, and when the financial crisis hit, I realized that the future did not look good and began making prepping a top priority

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I am preparing for the chaos associated with total financial collapse of the U.S. dollar. Preparedness is important for several reasons, including: 1) be able to survive for as long as possible in all conditions, 2) learn how to thrive in troubled times, 3) the mental exercise of prioritizing how to manage multiple future scenarios, 4) the building of confidence and continued reason for living by being prepared

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

My philosophy is based upon balancing current needs with future needs, and adjusting as conditions warrant. For example, I am both trying to maximize current income, and preparing for living off the land, bartering, and protecting my property and family. To do this, I compromise by having a less secure bugout site but it is easier to access for development

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

My quotes include: We are in a Makers vs Takers war. The only way the voters will learn how to vote differently is through pain. The purpose of the U.S. Constitution’s second amendment is to prevent the government from violating the Constitution through fear of the citizens

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

If I were dying, I’d say “Never give up in the fight for individual liberty”

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi Curtis, welcome to the community. I also believe most people need to suffer more before they realize something is going severely wrong. The really bad part is that governments and corporations slowly drain the life out of the society.

First people can’t afford to eat out that often anymore, then they start to buy cheaper products (that break more often and in the long run that costs them even more than buying higher quality products), then they have to take on more work / jobs…. but at least they have their “Game of Thrones” (nothing against that series, its retty good) and are entertained… while they slowly descend…

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello Curtis, and welcome here.
    Getting close to nature and living of the land are great points in any prepping for the future SHTF, and you can not cover everything and there always gonna be compromises.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Hi Curtis. What you wrote sounds like you are a clear-thinking person who can work out priorities and take effective action. Welcome to the forum.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Curtis,
    Glad to have you here!
    Welcome to the forums.
    Hannah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.