Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, I am on septic tank so in a SHTF I need the water for the toilets too. I hope the water test is not to bad but if it is bad I will still use it just not for drinking.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Google water testing in your area. There are probably 50 companies near by. Find out what they test for before you ask them for your test. In urban areas you could have more than ecoli and nitrates as problems.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks Drunkmonkey, good info and good topic, people usually do not understand importance of water before they lost it.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

@Freedom
    Your county offices test water, and cheaply.
    Prolly Dept. of Health

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

PS:
    Welcome, DrunkMonkey!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

A funny GIF I have in the archives…

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, with your well being as shallow as it is, testing is imperative, and if there is an issue, just plan on filtering it with a Berkey or other suitable device. My well is 180′ deep down into limestone and so fortunately I will be able to use it unfiltered. It was professionally tested when we bought the place and there are no sources of pollution up on the mountain. Currently I have a whole house filter to capture any sediment but that’s not anything I worry about. I We have a water softener too, but again come SHTF foregoing that isn’t anything I worry about either.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

OK thanks undeRGRond! Will look into the county health dept or water dept.

MountainBiker in the City of Coral Gables is the highest sea level in the area in Miami. About 8″ deep you hit coral so it is all coral down which maybe good since coral is a good filter. So I will see after I test the water.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Drunk Monkey – great project, thanks for posting. I like the simplicity of it – no parts to malfunction and it’s good to have a backup to the backup. Also portable, like you said, for alternate locations like family or friends.

“Two is one, one is none” when Murphy comes calling…

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.