Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Will this be on the test?

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I couldn’t listen to the whole piece but I’m ready to go back to the beginning and hang on the shore line all day eating seafood. Problem is who is going to do the farming to grow barley, allowing the brewmaster to make the beer. I’m fairly certain making beer was the impetus for agriculture.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Wow! Since I started blogging about seven years ago there’s been an explosion of content on the internet. It’s quite amazing. Talk about revolutions, that’s a revolution. Since I don’t watch TV, I do find it interesting some of changes I have seen: the speed of talking, the increased use of the interruption, and the increased use of visual effects.

One book I read on the topic of domestication of animals is Jared Diamond’s Guns, Germs and Steel. The book outlines the qualities of animals suitable for domestication and why we are unlikely to find more animals suitable for domestication in the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns,_Germs,_and_Steel

Don’t watch the PBS special on the book. They miss some very important parts, especially about governments. Surprise. Surprise.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

KOS, I have been doing some background research on Simon Black of the Sovereign Man. Simon Black references Dr Joseph Tainter’s book The Collapse of Complex Societies. Normally, I would just read the book but I haven’t had time so I found this video. The economic illiteracy in academic environmentalists in the room horrified me.

If you watch it, what do you think?

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

thanks c, sitting in a hotel room, got lots of time to kill tonight, I will let you know.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

C, makes some good points. The stuff about rome farming was pretty interesting… boy are we screwed without fossil fuels at this point.

Noticed this one in the side bar, explains why ebola is a threat, population growth etc. Its grounds enough to make you think its certainly possible someone may have their own little solution for population control.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.