Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    flatlander
    flatlander
    Survivalist
    member2

I came across this book and downloaded it to my Kindle. From the books description.

This manual is the result of a detailed consideration of a societal collapse and the civil shift and aftermath that would impact individuals and families who are intent on survival. The purpose of this manual is to provide information to enhance the security, tactics, and survival skills of law-abiding citizens who are faced with civil disorder, lawlessness, violence, and physical threat in a post-collapse environment. The information in this manual is derived from training and experience gained from service with special operations forces (SOF) and subsequent employment as a security contractor in Iraq and Afghanistan.

It is a distillation of tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) adapted to the threat and environment anticipated in this type of scenario, in order to provide the knowledge needed to survive in a world turned upside down. It is no longer just survival of the fittest but survival of those prepared.

The manual will take you from self-defense as an individual, team and family, and on to tactics, techniques, procedures and training that can be used by tactical teams that you may need to form in order to survive or to resist tyranny. In a serious post-event scenario, one of total collapse with several months or years before recovery, families, groups and communities may be forced to create such tactical defense forces to protect personnel, loved ones and resources against hostile forces. There is something in this manual for both the tactical newbie and the military veteran.

Contact!: A Tactical Manual for Post Collapse Survival

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Flatlander,
    Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll read through it in the next few days.

flatlander
    flatlander
    Survivalist
    member2

It’s a good read but it has a lot of info. So I read a a section and then mull it over. It’s good info to share with trusted family and friends.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I read it and liked it. Interesting stuff for sure, especially for those who havent been in the military.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of Selene
    Selene
    Survivalist
    member1

Hey flatlander–is this just a recommendation to buy the book or read free w/ a Kindle or have you place a link to the info itself that I am too stupid to figure out? lol. I don’t have a kindle & am currently unemployed so I’m ALWAYS on the lookout for freebie info-lol.
    Thanks & keep your powder dry,
    Selene

flatlander
    flatlander
    Survivalist
    member2

Hi Selene. This is a recommendation to read the book. The author has most of this info on his blog so if you go to http://forum.maxvelocitytactical.com/forums/forum/maxs-best/ you can get most of the information in the book.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Selene,
    You can down load a Kindle reader for just about any device. There are lots of free books.

Profile photo of Selene
    Selene
    Survivalist
    member1

flatlander & 74,
    Thanks so much for the info! Sometimes it feels like I’ve been living under a rock-lol…wait a minute, I COULD be living under a rock! Seems like I remember being issued said rock along with my AARP card. Oh well. Thanks again & keep your powder dry,
    Selene

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Put your sunglasses on, you’re gonna get a full blast of sunshine.

Profile photo of lester
    lester
    Survivalist
    member1

Post Collapse Survival covers a lot of ground…

Figuring to live-through “contact” in a tactical context is perhaps ambitious. The tactical aspect of this suggests a planned confrontation or ambush. If you live somewhere this is likely to be of concern, why not move? Survivalism as a concept was pioneered by Kurt Saxon, Mel Tappan, Bruce Clayton and even Jeff Cooper. Tappan moved to Rogue River OR to be out of the line of fire. At time, that area was low population, full of old-time Oregonians, and expected to be out of fall0ut patterns. It fit the parameters for best likelihood for self-sufficient life without fallout exposure and being large distance from major population areas.

Perhaps there is a place for the ghillie-suited sniper to clean-house in the aftermath? Maybe for a squad of tough-minded men to eliminate two-legged vermin that plague their home area? Not like you need a manual for tactical study to accomplish this.

My idea of a manual for Post-Collapse Survival is a collection of the first 100 issues of The Mother Earth News, or Carla Emory’s Encyclopedia For Country Living. Maybe with a copy of Esther Dickey’s Passport For Survival and a Formulary and couple of cookbooks thrown in. Maybe Kurt Saxon’s Grandpa’s Chemistry book to go with the formulary…

Another manual that would be tactically valuable, or maybe strategic is the better term is a Kent’s Repertory and Materia Medica to go with an in-depth Homeopathic resource.

Good tactics to assure self-sufficient living involve learning skills to enable fabrication of materials to meet your needs from what is accessible. Last thing I want to have to engage in is “contact” with weapons, but having weapons and knowing how to use them enables one to make their own way…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.