Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is a on going fight. The leftest do not want other voices to reach the public.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/fec-chair-warns-conservative-media-drudge-hannity-face-regulation-like-pacs/article/2548163

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

They are going to try! The left is only interested in there side. The conservatives are getting stronger in the media. Conservatives control the radio waves, the left is still in control of TV but they do not like Fox News.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Reading the article and also the comments shows how heated the debate is and how much anger people have. Is something like a left vs right civil war in the US a real possibility? I’m just asking because I did not see this specifically mentioned as a possible SHTF scenario anywhere.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay,

There has been an ideological war going on for sometime. It has been taking place in institutions, government and media.  The progressives want power through social change. They actually thought they had control with Obama’s health care law. Power over health & medicine. What it did was push the envelope open. That and new gun laws. People are fedup and ready, molon labe.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Do you see new potential heights of tensions coming soon? The senate elections 2014 or later on when the new elections happen in 2016?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay,

It’s hard to predict because events like the Bundy affair in Nevada are planned by portions of the government. That was something that could have spiraled out of control. Two things are cooking and may boil over. Connecticut gun laws requiring registration of semi auto rifles.  The law created about 200,000 new criminals. Enforcement of the law will start something violent.

The same thing is going to happen in the state of New York.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Thanks, I ll keep an eye on this.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Civil war? Hard to say.

Around here, Bundy got some attention, but things like water rights and a local having issues has really got some people paying attention.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/14/wyoming-welder-faces-fine-for-building-pond-on-his-own-property/

The liberals are not very popular here, nor is outside control. The Fed’s are fairly unwelcome pretty much everywhere in this area.

Realistically, we are so far out of the loop, the cities could fall before we knew or really cared.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay, I do not think it is a right and left thing. There is a center which is the largest population and this center does like freedoms and lees control of government. Like I am a Conservative but I do like a Social Security system for the old, but not the way they are running it today were the government has borrowed on it for years and has an IOU of Trillions of dollars. That was the peoples money that they worked hard and were taxed.

This is the problem with government programs.

If the economy collapses because of the debt there will be a civil war of some type. 1974 is right on this, there are even some on the left that are turning on this government now. I know this for a fact, I talk to them and have seen a change in there way. The government maybe in trouble because they are under estimating how big it can be.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

1974 wrote:
    Jay, It’s hard to predict because events like the Bundy affair in Nevada are planned by portions of the government. That was something that could have spiraled out of control. Two things are cooking and may boil over. Connecticut gun laws requiring registration of semi auto rifles. The law created about 200,000 new criminals. Enforcement of the law will start something violent. The same thing is going to happen in the state of New York.

Quick correction, the conservative estimate is 350,000! And in New York I can tell you that as a resident here, things are definitely bubbling beneath the surface. The NY Safe Act (new unconstitutional gun control that was literally rammed into effect in the dark of night through the misuse of emergency procedures) is widely hated and many law enforcement are refusing to enforce it.

It wouldn’t really be so much a civil war as a revolution… because leftist/statist/commie citizens won’t fight for their ideals. Hell, they won’t even take responsibility for their own safety! It will be the DHS and other govt troops vs the armed populace and anyone who sides with them. The potential is very real though, if u ask me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.