Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

No batteries to charge/no charge controllers. yeah!I Yes, I know it is not cheap. I know it isn’t big. But I thought it would be well worth it. Purchased one of these a year ago after lots of thought/research. Thought it was worth saving up for. I really don’t like dealing with batteries, charge controllers and inverters and such. I decided of the two (fridge or freezer) I would love to be able to have a freezer.You can use this either eay. I can always keep small amounts of stuff cool in springhouse or clay pot set-up with lid. But to be able to freeze something would be just wonderful/handy. So I saved up for it. Glad I did. Recommend it if you have the funds, particularly if you live in an area that gets HOT! I think my old body will be glad for it in future after a hot day! I got mine click here

Thought about ‘Freedom’ on here down in SFlorida when I opened it a bit ago. Thought to share my experience with it.

“In May 2012 SunDanzer introduced the next generation battery free solar refrigerator that connects directly to a solar panel without other controls or batteries.

The Model BFR105 will run on one 130 watt 12 volt solar panel in most locations (but let us run the loads for you to be sure).

The BFR105 solar refrigerator will maintain temperatures safe for refrigerated perishables for four to five days of cloudy weather (autonomy). The integrated ice packs that line the interior of the refrigerator compartment will freeze during sunny weather and maintain cold temperatures without the need for a battery. The ice pack requires no scheduled maintenance for the life of the refrigerator other than normal cleaning. No battery, no charge controller!”

“The successful year round operation of the BFR105 depends on about 4 hours of full solar insolation per day. If you are located where sun hours are low, especially during November – February north of the equator, you may need more watts of solar panel that the 130 watts offered with the BFR105 kit”. You can get more info at sundazer.com

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I would love to get this kind of freezer here in South East Asia, but the shipping and all that makes this option too expensive. We have a 1.5 kw solar system with a bit over sized inverter and will settle for a medium sized Samsung digital inverter fridge. The solar system can handle it and it has a freezer compartment too.

We also have a generator that we can run to recharge our battery bank if we have to, but even on cloudy days there is enough sun here to run this. Cold drinks are crucial for us in this hot climate :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is a great product for South Florida.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Yes Freedom I thought of you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.