Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974, YES here in Miami if one neighbor see’s me doing that the swat team will be at my door. LOL! This old house has all the interior walls built out of concrete blocks, they didn’t have drywall in 1923. The living room not only has concrete blocks but also on top of that has wire mesh plaster so when I have to drill a hole I have to use a hammer drill.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Freedom, sounds like a great house to defend from.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

matt76, & 1974 Look at the new concrete brick next to the old one that I pulled out of the house to install an A/C unit. The old on is made with more concrete and less rock in the mix and it is stronger, thicker concrete.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Whirlibird, The shotgun has a job just like a rifle does. That is why we need the two. Rifle is for long shots and the shotgun in a close shot is one of the best defensive guns ever built.

I agree, just making the point for some that like to think of the scattergun as the one survival gun.

I carried a short shotgun for many a building search, when the rest of the guys carried AR’s, but I also have more scattergun time/training than most of those I worked with.

I learned the plusses and minusses of the shotgun. At great cost to my wallet.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom,
    The walls are good. I was referring to maneuvering in the house with a long pole of a gun.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974, Yes I know, a shotgun is not an easy weapon to maneuver in a house. The walls are good for me but the same goes for anyone inside my house since there is not walls that are drywall so my shotgun will not go though the wall ether.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.