Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

To be honest video really looks cool, I like it. But in real life I used simple bag that “stand” low under my shoulder (or high on hip).

It is similar to that “Mussete bag” (Malgus) but actually it is old gas mask bag, really heavy duty, with adjustable belts.

It stay close to the body, secure, no matter how fast you move, or in what kind of s..t you crawl.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

What I liked the most is how he reloaded one at a time if needed.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

You might check out cowboy action shooting videos on YouTube. They basically do combat reloads and are often moving from shooting station to shooting station. Some of those folks are scary fast with lever guns and shotguns

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Thanks matt76 will do a search.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Im thinking about getting a KSG , they are hard to find right now , but they are tiny and hold a lot of ammo , and it gives you the option of alternating what type of ammo you need with a flip of the switch .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

A quick snippet by Clint Smith (Thunder Ranch)
    The video is worth the money.

And Louis Awerbuck, one of the premier scattergun instructors around.

Also well worth the money.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, Good videos!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Here is one .

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Kel tec um are not know for good quality stuff, i dont think you want to  risk with that is a SHFT scenario, atleast i would not. if you just want the fire power  and can afford it AA12AA-12.jpg

or a Saiga shot gun.. think shot gun on an ak frame

Saiga-12_001

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

SOme are crap , some not so bad , most of the KSG reviews are positive , Ruger had the same problem for awhile .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I own a Kel Tec  380 compact hand gun and have had no problems with it. I do like that shot gun.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY0bVKPurQ0  failure to load= dead in firefight now fixed but before non trigger reset. you pump gun hold down trigger and then  trigger does not work … also a serious problem, the front grip  when using the pump release was in front of the trigger housing so you can pinch your finger while holding down the pump release and pumping.

those are how the first models shipped … that to me is a crappy weapon it is basically non functional  out of the box. you can have 14 rounds but if non shoot  you have a club. releasing such a weapon means they have terrible testing. My two cents

yes it is fixed now  but how can you ship something so untried must have  people in marketing from Microsoft lol ship it and fix  um patch later  cool another undocumented feature

I am glad both of you have had  good working pieces from them

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The Saiga can be a decent shotgun, but most need as much tuning as a 1911 to run at full potential. If I never work on another, I will be happy.

The shotgun as a general purpose combat arm?

There was a time I might have bought into that, not so much anymore. several shotgun courses and real life made me rethink scattergun use.

My current home, I can see shots well over 100y, and I’m in town. The scattergun and slugs can make that shot, but not as easily as a rifle or carbine. Nor as accurately.

And if you’re worried about armor? Even the homemade stuff sheds even buckshot easily while rifle bullets tend to shred it nicely.

In its place the shotgun is great, out of context? It fails miserably.

I keep a scattergun by the door, but no extra ammo than what’s on or in it. If it runs dry, I have other loaded guns and the wife will have her rifle by then. As a static defense gun, they’re great, as an entry gun, great. After that, not as good.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, The shotgun has a job just like a rifle does. That is why we need the two. Rifle is for long shots and the shotgun in a close shot is one of the best defensive guns ever built.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

If you plan to use any long guns in the house train (with an empty one) around the doorways and around corners going left and right. Find all the hard to maneuver places like narrow hallways that give you now where to go for cover//concealment. Decide the best methods of defense of your home

Don’t let the neighbors see you though, you will have cops at your door fast.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.