Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

It might go that way Freedom. US influence was very strong here some 10 years ago, but that changed because multiple reasons. EU took over influence since then, and nothing good came out of that simply because they (European Union) is simply too divided to make (and stand behind) any real decision.

So all went slowly down for few years, and now we have all this happenings at the with Ukraine, and slowly you can feel the change in the air, it is still minor, but in my opinion it goes into the direction of troubles.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

A long time prepper sent me an message saying we are on the fast downhill slide to hell. He also said now is not the time for the usual American Bravado (I’m an American, nothing can hurt me!) but now is the time to do like frontiersmen and women, circle the wagons!
    All my family live some distance from me. I pray they will find help or the endurance to get here.
    One line in a movie pretty sums things up for me: “Save what you can.”
    Robin

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m late to the conversation but here’s my two cents. Yes we have been in a long slow decline which is gradually accelerating There are many who due to the nature of their employment or family fortunes are immune to it but most are being impacted, enough now that folks are taking notice.

That said I think something big is coming, likely WWIII. There are many hotspots around the world which will let loose once it starts, but I see China as starting it, or at least pulling the strings to start it. They are out of clean water, the air is beyond polluted, they cannot feed their people, and their economy is in far worse shape than ours. They need resources and they need a diversion for the populous if the current leaders are to stay in power. China also thinks it is time to realize their destiny. They have long memories of past humiliations and vengeance is a powerful motivator. While their conventional military capability is not on a par with ours, we ignore them at our peril. Their cyberwar and biowar capabilities are what I fear. Take down a substantial part of our grid for more than a few days and we have potential Fukushima’s in many places across the country. WWIII could be very brief.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

That said I think something big is coming, likely WWIII.

I might be naive or think too positive but don’t you think everyone knows what WWIII would mean? It means if you are one of the guys in China for example who started it or are part of the whole thing your chances of ending up dead just increased A LOT.

Thinking from the Chinese perspective if they would want to start something (which I doubt), if the US could just get a few nuclear strikes done, China would need decades to recover. The US military and nuclear warheads are distributed all around the world. China or any other country isn’t so stupid to mess around with that.

It is much smarter and more elegant to create a toxic environment for the US to let it sink itself. Another big advantage China has is that they run their country like a company. In a few years they will be world leaders in the use of alternative energies. They just enforced a couple of very harsh environmental laws and this time not just for PR purposes. It shows they think long term and that should be the most scary fact about them. Especially for us from western countries in which politicians only think short term and how they can hold onto their power.

These guys mean business and Im really surprised what smart decisions they made in the last 2 years and even more recently. I hope the US comes together soon and somehow (I really don’t see how…) but yeah somehow sorts things out and puts some people in charge who serve the US and not companies they are connected to or simply themselves.

There is lots of criticism about the US and I also think they made a couple of mistakes in the past but that is unavoidable if you are the world police. Regardless, having the US around is much better than having China ruling the world.

If there is a mad guy around who might provoke WWIII its Putin. But even with the Ukraine he has played his cards very well and what looked first like a silly move has turned out to be quite smart.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Putin played that carefully, even if it looked like it was confused in few moments. I think actually he know exactly how much he could “push” without any real response.

With every one of those “push” he gets more courage and popularity.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I still think that China is headed for trouble. They need countries to purchase there products and without the U. S. I am not sure who they will sell to. Also the reasons they are up is not because of Chinese products but of Chinese made products. What do I mean by this is China makes or reproduces products that are invented in the U. S., Europe, South Korea, Japan, and other countries. The companies are Apple, Nike, LG, Samsung, Vizio, Sony, Panasonic, Lenovo, Dell, HP, Asus, Acer, Nikon, Canon, Toshiba, Microsoft XBox and other products, and just about every product that makes a lot of money is only made there but not invented there. The Chinese do not invent much at all. The patents are all owned by other countries and when the rest of the world stops there companies from making there product there it’s over for China.

They will never have the part of total invention of products. They may develop future products but never have an Apple or Google or Microsoft inventions. Even in the auto market they make parts but they do not make autos to the point of a Toyota or GM or the German makes. It is not happening and they know it.

So when the world economies falls so will China.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Right now the problem is growing in Iraq. They are vowed to destroy the USA and the west. It is starting to look like a Cambodia style genocide event. I pray no one starts chucking bombs into Israel and Turkey.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom, Every major car maker has multiple plants in China making new cars. They all sell more cars in China then they do in the USA. We have become a patsie to China.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, so were do though Chinese make the money to buy the cars? From the rest of the World. They make there money by selling products to the rest of the world! They will not make enough money just selling to them self’s. They need the rest of the world. The cars are all invented in the U. S. , Japan, Europe, and else were by engineers in those countries. They can’t invent much at all.

All there tech is stolen from cyber attacks on our systems. Everything they built is invented some were else. That is still there problem.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Free,
    How much more do they need?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, Remember the money you are talking about is owned by the government not the people. So it would stop making anything at all because the government is not going to give it’s people jobs to make money on them self’s. This is a communist government which take more the 50% ownership of all companies and people.

My wife works in a University in Florida were there are Chinese professors working there, did you know that they send 50% of what they make back to China, and if they do not then they will not be able to go back without going to jail there. The Chinese government controls everything and they will not spend there monies on there own people only they army. They will feed there army.

There is no way for them to make it without the rest of the world, that has been there problem that they do not know how to solve.

The only thing they will do is try to take Taiwan and maybe other countries like the island off Japan since the U. S. is right now not very strong.

China is in need of energy, water and freedoms to let there people invent and own the inventions, private property ownership, private ownership of companies. Without this there people will never just invent for the government.

Communism or Dictatorship have this problem that they can’t product new products because the government wants to own everything so there is no intensive for the people to invent.

This is why you said it best, all car companies are they making cars and selling car to the Chinese but the only car companies that are true Chinese companies are all copies of cars from other countries. The Chinese are the best at copying products but not inventing products.

I personally do not own any Chinese invented products, I own many Chinese product that were invented by companies in the U. S. , Japan, or Europe, but not one Chinese invented product.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Jay wrote: I might be naive or think too positive but don’t you think everyone knows what WWIII would mean? It means if you are one of the guys in China for example who started it or are part of the whole thing your chances of ending up dead just increased A LOT.
    Most of us know what WWIII will mean but the folks who start wars never think they’re the ones who’ll pay the price. Sometimes they think they’ll come out ahead of the game. Psychopaths have a way of rising to positions of power.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

An Economical Collapse is more likely, second is an EMP attack. The two are on the top of my list.

Economical or Financial Collapse: The National debt is out of control and when/if the interest rate start going up there is no way that we can pay the interest on the National debt. $17.5 Trillion http://www.usdebtclock.org/ and we are paying what interest right now? Wait till it goes up just 1%, it’s unsustainable! The numbers don’t add up, numbers do not lie.

EMP: North Korea, Iran, China, Russia, Al Qaeda and maybe one or two others that I may have left out, all want us dead and EMP is the best and cheapest way to do it. For China and Russia it also means they didn’t have to destroy the valuable assets in the U.S. just kill the population.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Jay wrote:</div>If there is a mad guy around who might provoke WWIII its Putin.

I disagree. I think Putin is a very, very smart and savvy guy. I’m not a supporter, but that guy is not stupid by any means. If another World War erupts it will be sparked by a small country over something that might seem ‘stupid’ to the world, but is ‘the last straw’ to them…and things will spiral out of control. I would put my money on Israel.They are surrounded by flames right now that show every promise of becoming a bonfire.

China is a menace – I agree with Freedom. Somehow we here in the US are very complacent about them.In the end however, I honestly believe that Russia would help us against them should anything happen on that front. Just my feeble 2 cents.

But this is endless speculation again. It is always something unexpected that triggers sh** in the world isn’t it? I have to use my energy for something more productive that I can control right now :) It is enough to know SHTF IS coming.

Profile photo of pbbrown0
    pbbrown0
    Survivalist
    member1

I have watched the increasingly complex and unbalanced economic realities developing and heading for a tipng point for decades. As leaders of governments and banking systems have continued to distort the natural dynamics of economics n order to gain political or monetary advantage for themselves and “their own” they have also struggled to keep the leaning tower from toppling. Meanwhile they have continued to manipulate “public” opinion withn their spheres of influence to support and accept these distortions. The current world economic system has become an upsidedown Eifel Tower held together with duct tape and baleing wire.

The economic advantage/disadvantage pressures among countries and collections of countries is growing rapidly as is the increasing instability of economic fundamentals, but No One wants a war, because they are too costly to the winners (not to mention the loosers). However, there will be a trigger or event (perhaps a major natural disaster, a major economic event, or perhaps a sudden “political disaster” unanticipated by the current leaders) that de-stabalizes the economy or economic controls in one country or another sufficently for the government leaders in that country to react badly and foolishly. The consequence of ths reaction will trigger a domino sequence of reactions from other countries until an opportunistic “non-conventional war” results. The collapse/war will affect different countries and regions in different ways, but the new normal will be a nightmare lastng years for Europe and North America. Other regions such as Russia, China, and others who sell most of their goods to Europe and North America will feel the unanticipated aftershocks on a slightly delayed basis.

The biggest danger is the level of desperation reached by the governments in trying to control these events, and the desperation of the public in various places trying to adapt to the “collapse”. My guess is that within this decade the geopolitical map will have signficantly changed, but the economic and societal “maps” will have become unrecognizable.

The bottom line for most of us reading this is that the next few years will be very dangerous, and within ten years we will all be basically starting over in a changed world.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.