Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I do strongly believe that we are living in “last years” before the chaos. Here in my region for years we are on the brink of chaos, and I am just waiting for that small push that gonna make our fall down to the anarchy.

But it is not only about my region, I do think that worldwide events are speed up, and more and more problems are making everything harder.
    It is not only about fear of terrorism, or big war, pollution, famine, lack of water, end of oil etc. It is about all things combined together.

Personally I think that economic collapse will trigger everything, and it is gonna happen in next 2-3 years.

Your thoughts?

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Selco, I agree with you but I honestly feel it has already begun. Why? All I can say is that it is a deep, humming feeling. Definitely the world is spinning out of control on so many fronts.

I think that SHTF will be not one event, but a series of events, probably from different sectors, around the world that happen in rapid succession that really makes everything go boom. Have said it before, I have always believed Mother Nature will continue to speak louder and louder. Her role to me is the biggest wild card. A big earthquake in our state of California? Oh brother the ripple effects from that alone. A series of earthquakes or major storms? A war erupting somewhere where some stupid politicians rattle their sabers demanding my country get involved?

The general public does sense the world has gone crazy…but hide their heads in the sand, behind their tech gadgets or in front of the tv and assume, eventually ‘someone’ will make sense out of ‘it all’ for them.

Then too, one persons idea of what a SHTF time is can be quite different from another’s idea. Personally I think SHTF time has arrived…that it has begun…it’s just going to get worse.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Oh, yes, I agree that it is already begun, years ago. But I am expecting that final kick that gonna move us just little bit more over the edge, after that it is gonna be full time thing.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I understand Selco, – I feel it will be sooner than 2 to 3 years – that final kick. It is like a clock is ticking as I write.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Selco, I think that the U. S. National debt will take the world down the economical collapse. U. S. national debt is at 17.5 T Dollars. When will it happen? Every were I read it is said that it has started already. What is keeping it from collapsing? The low interest rate that the Federal Reserve has been keeping it low by printing money.

But it will not last forever. All of us need to keep an eye open for when the interest rate start going up. It will not happen fast. It will happen in the next two to three years.

This economical collapse will be the largest even happen in world history and many will die hungry and some will get killed by others for there food. This will not just be in the U. S., this is a worldwide economical collapse that is coming.

Link to the U. S. National Debt Clock, http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Please look at all the debt.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Freedom, i expect something like that too, some kind of domino effect economic collapse, and that will start everything else which will be in basic very long fight for resources.

Profile photo of Tsar Alexander
    Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

Russia and China signed a big deal recently for oil and gas, not using the dollar. So the days of the petro dollar are nearing it’s end, and when the end finally does come, America’s socio-economic model will collapse.

This is assuming that there is also no WWIII started in Eastern Europe or East Asia. Either way, it will all be over with by the end of the decade, I think.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tsar Alexander, What I see is that Russia and China sell more products to the U. S. that any other Country in the world so what will happen to there financial engine when the U. S. and Europe Collapse at the same time? Will Central & South America Collapse too? Will Canada which sells over 60% of it’s product to the U. S. collapse?  I think so! I think like Selco that it will be a domino effect. Some countries will fall fast and some will take some years but will fall too! Including China since it will not have anyone to sell it’s products and since the U. S. and Europe are were new products are invented and then produced in China th Chinese will not have any new products to produce.

World Collapse.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

GM sells more cars in China then they do in the US. They can continue to sell to us as they hold us on a leash.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

If the dollar & the Euro collapses then we  and the Europeans can’t buy anything from the Chinese. China will have the cash Euro and Dollars that will be worth -0- so there net worth will go down. Also we buy more of there products then any country in the world. Without us to consume there products the Chinese are in trouble.

I just do not see China making it without the U. S. consumption of products. We are the only country that are addicts to buying. We buy a t-shirt and use it one time and never use it again! No were in the world does that.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Some time ago China started talks about going around the dollar. China signed an agreement with Japan to where debts were paid in Chinese or Japanese monies. China has similar agreements with other countries.

Robin

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

http://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/poverty/publication/food-price-watch-may-2014

“Food price shocks can both spark and exacerbate conflict and political instability, and it is vital to promote policies that work to mitigate these effects,” the report warned”

Inflationary policies driving the cost of basic nessecary items like food and fuel is going to be a factor. The cost of food in the US is climbing and producers are trying to hide it with smaller packages. When food shortages hit developed counties shtf.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

“Today’s negative GDP number was excellent news”.  Collapse now. I’ve become convinced to understand economics you have to be insane. Things are falling apart so fast everybody is adapting day by day to getting by. No one could possibly make enough money to feel secure, except a CEO. The VA seems to be the prime example at the moment. Workers making bonuses for success in delaying appointments. Congress now wants clawbacks done on them. One step forward, two steps backward as they say. Why don’t they fire them ?  Its insanity in action. The top lies, and it all gets swept under the rug, again and again and again. How is the collapse happening, right in front of everyone.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Sorry gents, and ladies.

I’m not seeing the quick hangmans noose drop for the economy.

There’s too many plates out there, too many hands in the pockets, too many would lose out if it all went TU tomorrow. The long slow grind for decades like we’ve already been experiencing is the most likely.

And even cataclysmic events, barring a Yellowstone super volcano or some such, will go mainly unnoticed by most.

Bangladesh goes under water permanently, doesn’t effect me or my area, tragic or not.

Short of a superpower doing something suicidal,  I dare say the long grind is the future.

I don’t discount what anyone is saying, but a systemic collapse like we all fear is highly unlikely as such. Could a terrorist attack on the ‘grid’ make life miserable for a while? Entirely so. But even that wouldn’t bring about the “end” some predict. Too many other places would be unaffected and would lend or sell assistance.

Again I say look at Rhodesia and what has happened over the last 35 years.

Slowly increasing decline, food shortages,  water shortages, power shortages, devaluation of the currency several times, rampant inflation, corruption incarnate.  And yet its still not bad enough for the people to revolt or attempt a real change. They just continue to ride it out.  The funny part to some is that they voted this into existence, destroying what was successful.

The thread on South Africa stands out also, crime at astronomical levels, corruption,  and yet people just continue to ride it out.  Even with the best reasons in the world, they continue the ride.

I don’t think we will see a true collapse in our lifetimes,  as even if all computers were suddenly lost, there will always be pencils.

Look what was accompanied with pencils and paper over more than 2 years, D-Day. The logistics for the invasion were done in pencil. The planning,  the stockpiling of material, the delivery of men, machines and supplies.  It could be done again, just better.

Ships would still float, trains still run. And all could use timetables and schedules again, it wasn’t all that long ago they used them, within my lifetime.

I could be wrong, thats one reason I prep. The other is to cushion the effect of this happening.

My grandparents spoke of the great depression.  Of the decades it truly lasted, what happened, what was needed,  and more so, what little people actually did beyond their reach. Vote for one side of a coin or the other. Same coin, same problems.

Russia and China sign an agreement over oil? Big deal. Doesn’t effect us really.

Don’t want china to grow or continue as they are? Stop buying chinese junk. Want to build our economy? Buy American.  We can still build a superior product,  one just has to accept its going to cost more, thanks to our taxes, unions and the like.

Buy the best pay once, buy junk, keep paying.

Many, many years ago my grandfather bought a sweatshirt. think post-Korean War. I still wear that sweatshirt. I’ve worn out any number of cheap modern sweatshirts, but the old one lasts and is so much more comfortable, there’s no comparison.

We can save our economy,  we can build our country up.  We have to take a stand though and most will chicken out.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, The economy is up artificially with over one trillion dollars of printed paper money that the Federal Reserve printed in the last two years.

The proof of an economic collapse is around the corner is the Fox news Timothy Geithner interview were he was asked the big question, what do you think would happen if the interest rate went up just 1%. What would it do to the National debt payment?

He’s answer, unsustainable! That is a nice way of saying collapse of the economy!

We have never since this low interest rate ever! This can’t go on for ever!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/ just look at the clock. Debt per citizen $55,066. That is everyone!

An the big number is Debt per taxpayer $151,080.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.