Tagged: , ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This Cold Steel which they call now Safe Keeper or a push knife is very secure and not easy to disarm. My Safe Keeper was a gift from my wife over 20 years ago, made in Japan.

The blade is about 3 3/4″ long it is wicked looking blade.

The handle is very well made and once in your hand it is not easy for anyone to take it away, they will get cut.
    The overall length is a little over 6″.
    It is made of Japanese AUS 8A Stainless.
    My knife sheath is leather. I know the new ones that Cold Steel sales are made of Secure-Ex® Sheath.
    The Safe Keeper weight now is 3.6 oz, my Safe Keeper weight is more like 4.5 oz because of the leather sheath.

This knife is very easy to carry any were.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of osagemarine
    osagemarine
    Survivalist
    member3

They’re good knifes, I carry one on my vest. Is it legal to carry in fl? I know some states have issue with double edged.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

osagemarine, I have a concealed weapon or firearm license, you can carry any knife or gun as long is it is concealed.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have the GI Tanto , its almost unbreakable , have abused it for 3 years now , Cold Steel does make good knives .

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Y’know what? I’m pretty sure we can’t own this in Canada (push knives or daggers).

Anyway, I love ColdSteel! Really great products from them.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of osagemarine
    osagemarine
    Survivalist
    member3

Roger that freedom. mine covers knives also. it even covers a sap! I like my sap, very useful tool.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I have a Cold Steel Bushman. I think they are great value for money. Not quite like Mora, but they have a much bigger selection.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom,
    In PA that is a no no. Pa has few cohesive knife laws. Every municipality makes up their own. In Philly it is a no knife allowed situation.

Jay,
    I have Bushman in 2 sizes. I really like the one with a 4″ blade. The bigger knife I worry the blade is to thin for intense battle. I like the ability to turn it into a short spear though. “Zulu Dawn”

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Moras are overrated .They are cheap , but sometimes you do get what you pay for . I would use a Mora in the kitchen . But for survival , outdoors , I think I would want something more on the lines of a tried and true Ka-Bar . The price drove me away for a long time , but now that I have one ….all my other knives went on the shelf .

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

I have a Mora as a back up, I’d rather my Ka-Bar or any of my ESEE’s over it, but if it came down to just the mora I’m fine.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Cold Steels are good knives, had a few, they sre definitely high quality.

My edc includes Kershaw and Benchmade products.
    For my use, they’ve been just a bit friendlier for me.

As to the Mora and the like, much depends on what you’re doing.
    My wife and kids each have a Mora for camping and fishing.
    That way if they break or lose one, I’m not gonna be upset as opposed to one of my custom knives that I’ve had for years.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.