Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“There is a close quarter shooting technique that is taught with a pistol among Law Enforcement and popular Gun/Tactics school nationwide. In this article a couple of different experts demonstrates their method conveying the difference in training on the range versus training with a live person that reacts in a lively manner. In other words, someone that resists when you’re trying to go for your pistol.”

http://westernshootingjournal.com/close-quarters-shooting/

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Great info. Lasers in the house are very good. The method he used on the ranges was great.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

74 close range fighting is something some people don’t think about when they carry a gun. They often assume the threat will be at a distance and they will have time to draw their weapon. Training high stress and contact shooting is vital. There are a lot of airsoft and bb pistols out there that clone common pistols. They are a great way to train safely with an identical copy of a gun you carry. Most fights go to the ground. Having some tools to regain control go a long way in getting you out of a bad situation. Good post.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Good point raised. A lot of people lack context in their training. Filling training with self imposed rules and limitations limits your skill development massively. It really does pay to think about what the likely scenarios are going to be and train based on those. An additional point and something I always strive to teach in this subject and edged weapon work is the post incident triage and self-treatment skills… That’s a whole other thread on it’s own!

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I’ve read about semi autos jamming in clothes when the slide gets caught. That could be a bit inconvenient. In the one scene he uses a revolver. A short barrel over a long barrel fersure….unless you prefer the Wyatt Earp technique of the barrel whip to the side of the head. Stuffing a pistol in a belly band seems very fast access in a fight. Almost like a crossdraw. Someone trying to punch you in the belly will get a surprise. Can’t say I want to try MMA wrestling with a pistol in my hand but if I did hopefully its steel and not glock. A good club is handy in a fight.

If anybody saw Walking Dead a few episodes ago Beth was killed by a cop in a very fast close quarters draw and shoot. Practice works, oops.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I have seen other videos that teach using a down angle aim in case of a pass thru. The shot is placed in the hip/groin area and the bullets hit the ground behind the attacker.

I had a slide grab my glove once and it cracked the slide as it jamed into the rails. I should have known better because the gun would nip the web of my bare hand most of the time. A PPK clone.

Even if you have a jam you still get a shot off. Make the first shot count. …. you can clear the gun after the attacker is down.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

+1
    “Even if you have a jam you still get a shot off. Make the first shot count. …. you can clear the gun after the attacker is down.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.