Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes Tolik, I was more scared for my wife then me. I didn’t know what to do with her if they would have gotten out and I would have had to pull my .380 out. Would they had shoot at her, would the dog go at them since he is not friendly at all. Many thinks were all going throw my mind all at the same time that I was watching them(3 to 4) in the car.

My Beretta is a great gun but it is heavy but that is what I will be carrying tonight. Once I get the extra cash I will buy a Glock 19 which is lighter.

Also will be pushing the wife to carry too.

Once thing I can say is that it all happen soooo fast, you need to think real fast.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

1. Never walk the dog at the same time night after night. 2. After tonight sit down with your wife and go over how tonight differed from last night. 3. Gun is a gun. When looking down a barrel all look like a 12 gauge to me! 4. Don’t worry about others or the ones from last night. If you fear for your life then pull and shoot. Do not over think the situation. Do not, not put your wife or anyone else before your own safety.
    If you are dead then you are no good to anyone!
    Robin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Robin thanks for the advice.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Good Roadracer, When you get them go to HomeDepot and get a pk of rubber leg tips 1in 4 pk. The one I got is made by Everbilt anti-skid. What you do is put on on each walking stick on the bottom, everyone that buys these does this. The pk of 4 is only $1.50 to $2.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Free,
    One of the issues you touched on is what would your wife do in a similar situation. I think it’s important to have a plan before hand to address some of the crucial aspects.

The first thing that I would want is for my partner to listen to my directions and follow them with no delay and no questions. Tactically there could be many different things that you might want, your partner to do, but not moving into your line of fire is #1 for me.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes 74 I told hir this today to get back and out of my line of fire. Also here every 20 feet there are very large oak trees which I have told her that she needs to move behind one of the trees ASAP when she sees things wrong. I also told her that when she gets a gun and a permit that I still want her to back up and behind an oak tree and then pull the gun out.

Everything happen very fast but the last minute was the longest minute, everything slowed down in my mind.

I do think that in a SHTF time things are going to be very bad here. A lot of the fight will be very close so I need much more shotgun ammo for the bad times.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Sorry to hear about your brush with the Orcs… unfortunately, there is nowhere where they cannot be found.

I’ve said this before, but you have to carry what’s comfortable for you and what you can hit with reliably. I can’t tell you what you want. I can tell you what I’ve used and what my wife uses.

My wife carries a S&W 686+, 3″ ported barrel with adjustable tritium sights, giving her 7 rounds of Bad News for anyone messing with her (the “+” carries an extra round). What I carry varies, but usually I’m carrying a S&W 625 in .45 Colt, a Colt’s Anaconda in .45 Colt (out of their custom shop – has a 4″ barrel) or a HK USP Compact in .45 ACP. (Noticing a pattern?) I rarely carry a firearm in my pants pocket.

The exceptions to the rule would be a S&W 640 or a Colt Detective Special with the old school hammer shroud. Either will allow the revolver to be fired inside a pants or jacket pocket or purse without fear of having anything foul the hammer (if you don’t mind blowing holes in your pants or jacket, etc) The Smith carries 5, the Colt carries 6.

There are other weapons I’ve carried and never felt undergunned – depending on ammo, of course. The nicest was probably a 1908 Colt Pocket Hammerless in .380. Ammo was a mix of Cor-Bons and Golden Sabers. It is such a finely designed pistol, it’s literally like shooting with your finger. You don’t really even need the sights (and they’re so tiny anyway that they look vestigial). Very, very good little pistol for instinctive shooting. Sometimes can be hard to come by or pricey, but still a damn fine pistol. No sharp edges, either.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

THis is another 380 , but point here is that companies are starting to think outside the box , and designing for CC.
    Expect more manufacturers to come out with even more novel designs in the future .

http://www.taurususa.com/whats-new-the-curve.cfm

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Scary to say the least . I agree with the advice above , 9mm or better , even the oddball 7.62×25 is better than the .380 . The Makarov was going to be one of my next pistols , as they carry very easy , I just dont like the 9×18 cartridge , if I find one that has been converted to 9mm luger , I’ll grab it .

You’re unlikely to see a Makarov converted to 9mmP, the design isn’t up to the pressures, nor is the frame long enough to hold the 9mmP.
    I think you’re thinking of the 9mm Tokarov that can be switched with just a barrel swap from the x25.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Your right , I was thinking of the Tok . Pity , because I like the Mak , just not the 9×18 . Might be forced to get a Glock , dont like the look , but they are also as simple as it gets .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I have the PPS in .40 and it conceals very well. It’s where to put an extra mag that becomes awkward. It almost inevitably goes on my belt.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

That is cool Whirlibird, and the price is good too.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I’ve got the Walther PPS in 9mm. Absolutely awesome carry gun. You can carry the 8 round mag +1 for 9 rounds. Here in Nazi York anything with more than 10 rounds is illegal anyway, so I might as well have something concealable.

It’s reliable, smooth, and shockingly accurate. There are 6, 7, and 8 round magazines available. It is a bit pricy but hey, I’m counting on it.

I carry 5 o’clock (Im a righty) and have gotten pretty quick on the draw. Despite being thin, it feels pretty good in my hand (I have an average sized hand) and the recoil is very manageable. I feel pretty confident with it… don’t leave this one out of your shopping considerations!

Also, CrossBreed SuperTuck holster. Best holster ever, super comfy, very concealable, and yet a very fast draw. LOVE IT.

Glad to hear you got control of the situation. Well done, and I imagine the walking stick couldn’t have hurt your deterrent factor either.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

WhiteKnight, I think that they were looking at the walking stick which is big and was that I moved it from my right hand to my left hand and then put my right hand in my pocket to hold the .380. They all saw every move I was making and at that point were not looking at my wife but all eyes where on me. That is when I saw the driver telling the others to go.

For some reason that night I didn’t use the holster. Right now I am carrying the .357 in a holster and still have the .380 in my pocket. I will purchase a Glock 19 soon. The .357 is a revolver with only five rounds and the .380 has six rounds + I carry another mag with six more rounds.

One thing I want to point out is that all of this was no more then six to seven feet away from the car with three to four men. Very close.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.