Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The left wants to push us over the edge. I think this quote sums up my thoughts on the issue.

“That’s my chief takeaway from “Shattered Consensus,” a meticulously argued analysis of the growing disorder. Author James Piereson persuasively makes the case there is an inevitable “revolution” coming because our politics, culture, education, economics and even philanthropy are so polarized that the country can no longer resolve its differences.” nypost.com/2015/10/17/history-is-repeating-itself-america-is-due-for-a-revolution

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Just ordered the book. Will post when I finish reading.
    Robin

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I’ll be along side them , and if I get hit and cant stay in the fight , I will load magazines .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

For US older TV viewers, one might recall Jackie Gleason’s famous line: “One of these days, Alice …. One of these days ….”

I see this kind of thing being one of the potential triggers for the final breakdown. Here’s one of the better explanations I’ve seen in one spot (other than here in the Forum, where everyone pretty well understands what’s coming, how, and why). The only real question is “when,” and then just for academic “fun,” which event will it be that triggers it?

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/318986-america-bomb-society-crisis/

One might think the author has been reading our pages – he’s got the sudden prescription withdrawal, the move out of the cities and attacks by rural folks that don’t want those city rick folks coming out to their areas, the currency collapse, potential disease, etc. The scenarios are pretty well known to us here, but I thought it would still be of interest. Sad, that it has to come from Russian State-sponsored media, and ours is totally ignoring the subject, and our government goes a step further and calls anyone that subscribes to this line of thinking a “radical right wing threat” worthy of extinction. It’s really bad when RT has a better perspective than ABCNBCCBSCNNPBSFOX.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Here is the thing , while the internet still exists , its not that hard to find other sources for news . I like RT , and some of the other European media . Like any media , you do have to take into account what bias they may have in whatever country they are in , but a person can get a general feeling from all of them . The sad thing to me is that our media is so blatantly bought and paid for , that most everything is a lie , and few people make the attempt to look elsewhere . RT , UKIP ( actually a conservative political party in the UK , but they do news as well ) and others are worth looking at . Free thought is what helps keep free men free . I do watch the real Russian news , it is slanted , but not as much as you might think , there is actually more news value in it than ours , by far . Even biased information is useful , it tells you how a nation feels about us , an issue , and WHY they think that , something we as a people need in order to understand what is really going on , rather than just what our view is . Evil men fear questions , its as simple as that .
    GS , as you and everyone knows , there is not one person in this country that feels secure . The reasons to why they dont are many , but people fear for the immediate future , both libs and conservatives , that is an unhealthy atmosphere for a nation , something is , and dare I say , has to happen at this point . good luck to us all

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

GS, in that article, one thing that he does have wrong is saying that our food comes from other countries. The US is a net food exporter, not importer. We can feed our own population, something many countries cannot. Of course it does need a vast and complicated distribution infrastructure. This is why I have long been a supporter of local and regional food producers. It sometimes costs a bit more but I see efforts to preserve farms as an insurance policy.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Aye that , food is one of the most useful weapons in a countries arsenal , one reason North Korea is forever under China’s thumb .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

… one thing that he does have wrong is saying that our food comes from other countries. The US is a net food exporter, not importer.

I’ll trust that you have stats on that, and probably overall it’s accurate on a poundage or number of items basis (and depending on whether they’re including all the corn and soy raised for livestock). But when I go into a grocery store and see almost all fish now coming from somewhere outside the US, as well as many canned goods, it has me substantially worried. And I’ve seen more than one article about chicken (I think it was) for example, that’s raised here, but shipped to China for processing and packaging, I get more than a little bit antsy. Even ruling out (and I don’t entirely) food sabotage by the Chinese, their record on basic food safety and hygiene is below abysmal. And even in the US, most fish is “farm raised.” I’m not at all comfortable with that.

We’ve finally gotten back into growing more and more of our own veggies. And in town, there is a local market on Saturdays where a fair amount of not only locally grown but even fresh organic food is available – and it really IS fresh. While we’re now on fixed income and have to be cautious, we purchase as much locally grown, and organic (preferably NOT foreign “organic”), and free range stuff as we can (we’re still meat eaters, though much less than in years past). Raw milk for human consumption is not legal for sale in our state, but we’re near enough to a neighboring state that we could potentially go over there to get some. However we haven’t found a source we’re comfortable with over there. The only raw milk you can legally buy in our state is for pets. At $8.00/gallon, you have to have a lot of pets to make it worth it, but it sure does beat anything purchased in the stores – so our pets tell us anyway.

And even if we do have a net export of food from the US, we’re SOL if the supply chains break down. Heck – an ice storm hit this area (most of the state) several years back, and the local grocery store shelves were indeed EMPTY in large sections. Produce? Forget it. Milk? Forget it. Paper products (especially toilet paper due to the panic), and a lot of other things? Forget it. And the trucks simply couldn’t get through to resupply the local stores for just a few days. You’d think WWIII had hit!

Anyway, the topic was Hillary’s gun buy back, as I recall. And this is just one possible scenario that we may very well see as a result of that little plan getting short stubby legs and learning how to run (even if only slowly at first). Gonna be interestin’ to say the least. If it was a TV docu-drama, it would be downright fascinating..

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.