Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

45 years ago climate change was being discussed only it was about global cooling. A warmer environment is easily adapted to as plants have longer growing seasons and cooling is ceaper than heat. one of ice will be intolerable. Earth warming stopped 15 years ago, what if we are on the cusp of cooling?

http://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2014/11/great_lakes_ice_cover_developi.html

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Cooling would definitely be harder to adjust food production to, be it plants or animals. A single hard frost mid summer could destroy a year’s production where we have only a single crop per year. In 1816 much of New England had a year without a summer as a result of a volcano on the other side of the planet dimming the sunlight a bit. Crops failed and people starved to death.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well look at what some of NASA scientist say is happening!!!

NASA Scientists Puzzled by Global Cooling on Land and Sea

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Science-US-climate-oceans/2014/10/06/id/598864/

Global Cooling: Arctic Ice Cap Grows 60 Percent In A Year [NASA PHOTO]

http://www.isciencetimes.com/articles/6040/20130911/global-cooling-arctic-ice-cap-60-photo.htm

So images from NASA show the Earth is cooling.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

The same group that is trying to control us and industry due to ‘global warming’ is the same group that was predicting another Ice Age back in the 70’s. I remember an article in Audubon Magazine…and other “respected scientific” journals. They have nothing better to do than create non-profits and write grants for studying all the crises they invent (and pay themselves salaries therefrom.) Then pass laws and endless regulations to control us.

Yes, climate DOES change. But I seriously doubt that humans have anything to do with global warming (one volcanic eruption spews more stuff into the atmosphere in a week that all of us do in our lifetimes.) Nor do I believe we or our grandchildren will see any serious changes toward severe cooling in the next few centuries.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

These morons are looking at a small segment of an overly large timeline and trying to somehow put man’s footprint into the causes column. It would be like a doctor popping a pimple on your hind quarters and then saying that diabetes might be under control, but it would be better if it wasn’t for a cow’s methane emissions……

It is all about job security and creating an aire of self worth in your field…… The weather changes and cycles. Get over it.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Anytime there is money on the table, just assume there is a **** ton of mis information out there. Dissension is easy to generate.

As soon as that ass hat gore started calling for taxes people pulled back like junk in a cold shower… (predictable response………)

I hate taxes 2, and they wont make any fkn difference with what we are doing.

There is absolutely no debate about the science of the green house effect. There is a planet in our solar system right now demonstrating for us, in the extreme…

You can debate the climate statistics all you want, that is not science, it is an observation.

Couple volcanoes going off, or a limited exchange of weapons and you can use up the rest of the oil and coal as fast as you want. (Volcanoes do not cause warming… they do release gases… but its mostly about the silicon ash, that reflects radiation… *edit CO2 is like oil in a frying pan, it holds onto heat… thats why the oil gets hotter… than the fking pan…) In my prime i could pick up a frying pan for a second no problem… but one litttle itty splash of oil can send a chef to the hospital.

Not taking responsibility now, will lead us to where it takes extreme alchys and junkies.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

it is not the closest to the sun.. but it is the hottest in our solar system…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus

Sun = burner
    “”Venus(=PAN) has an extremely dense atmosphere, which consists mainly of carbon dioxide (= oil)and a small amount of nitrogen.””

LOOK at the fighting this **** causes.

I understand people will not move when they decide on something, and state it publicly. But we are up **** creek here… they have pretty much lost the reef in australia, and the people of that country have a gov (like mine………) that is passing laws preventing them from showing valid evidence…. hence the demonstrations at g20… (and for the record, russia claiming its war ships off the coast being there for “climate research” was hilarious. Almost as good as canadas, russia. not russia map).

our eco system is a house of cards… and it is very very sensitive.

( i have absolutely no faith in winning this debate, or the species in pulling through, but when cockroaches sift through our ashes hopefully they learn from our **** ups. )

*slow clap*

that **** that popped up recently about planets warming up, is ALSO an observation, we have zero SCIENCE explaining why…. science requires scientific method, to prove facts… when people say we have science, people just take it as facts, it makes it easy to sell diet pills ffs… rrrrRRrrrrr

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>sledjockey wrote:</div>These morons are looking at a small segment of an overly large timeline and trying to somehow put man’s footprint into the causes column.

you are so right! seriously! you cant prove we are the cause…. it wouldnt stand up in a court of law… seems pretty fucking convenient tho burning up all that stuff, and then it gets a little… warmer… storms a little… bigger…. hurricane popping up in a never before recorded part of the world, nope couldnt be us…

fuckin hilarious when people point at a drunk in the gutter and blame them for their problems.

I actually had a friend of mine run over by a lady, in the middle of a cross walk, broke both his damn legs, and the ***** stormed out blaming him for being in front of the car…. *LAUGHING.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

even if you hate on me for pointing this **** out, and or correcting anyone about this topic. you have got to admit.

this was fucking awesome… (don’t quote me on it, but i think they said it was the size of manhatton)

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Its really called clothes changing season. That’s the real impact.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Brulen,
    Yes and you may not need air conditioning in your car anymore. Just having a extra long winter like lthe last one creates problems.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

lol@Brulen….. Clothes changing or route changing if it is during our “Construction Season” here in the PNW.

Over 100 years ago there were even more devastating climate based events to include tsunami/tidal waves, floods, hurricanes, etc. Unfortunately no climate models that scientists use to “prove” their hypothesis include this information in their charts when talking about “global warming.” If they do, they skew the numbers in their favor and call it “data norming.”

We can debate the whole concept of “global warming” all day and some true scientists do, right before they get treated like Galileo and locked up for going against the religion of “Climatology.”

I just wish the following:

1) Those that are trying to prove man’s affect on the climate would not skew their numbers to prove their hypothesis. It has ruined the credibility of the entire field of study.
    2) That it had neve become political and a basis for fleecing “citizens” and “subjects” out of their tax dollars.
    3) And finally that those studying the fields of natural science that deal with climate and weather would actually use all available data to help prove their hypothesis and maybe get an actual theory or two that could help us do things like predict devastating weather events…. That would be nice.

That video is impressive, however….. Those ice chunks calving like that must have been absolutely life changing to see. I had not seen that particular video, so thank you for posting that footage.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’ve seen the video before but this is the first time I noticed the giant creature emerge from the water at 1.52. Great job of editing.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I hadn’t seen this before. Incredible!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Florida should be an ocean by now. In 1976 they said that in the year 2000 half of Florida would be under water. PLEASE!!! We still have Miami Beach which should be the first to go under. It is all about the money!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.