Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I found this very interesting so I am posting it in the off topic area,

It looks like vitamin d has been found to help with Alzheimer’s and Dementia.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/clear-link-found-between-vitamin-d-deficiency-and-94074543072.html

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Interesting story; thanks for that, freedom.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Hell, I better start on that immediately! Now if I could just remember where the vitamin storage is at…

Thanks Freedom!

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The good thing about Vitamin D is that most of us can get enough just by being out in the sun regularly. Even going for walks in the winter on sunny days will do it. Last winter I kept getting asked where I had gone on vacation because I hadn’t gotten the typical winter pasty white look. I hadn’t gone anywhere other than hour or two walks up my road most days, though I think the “color” I got was wind burn.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

True enough, sunlight is a great way to get vitamin D. I read that the normal range is 40-50 ng/ml in the blood, and 20 is terribly low. In my case my last blood test showed I was down to 6 ng/ml. Unfortunately there isn’t much sun in my part of the world right now so I have to take a liquid supplement daily for the present.

A lot of people are having low vit D because of years of campaigns to prevent melanoma [skin cancer], so people often use sunscreen creams to block UV rays, or to prevent burning. As a result many are not getting the vit D from the sun they need.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Also some that are getting sun still are low on there D count, not everyone absorbs the sun’s sunlight the same. So when you go the the Doc have them test your blood for D level.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.