Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I was reading this post article on the common sense show. I like to know what is the opinions of everyone here.

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2015/11/07/civil-war-is-inevitable/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=civil-war-is-inevitable

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I personally don’t think we are even remotely close to civil war. Uncle Sugar is still providing for the masses. Another season of reality TV shows will keep people entertained. People like to gripe about all manner of things but there is not a critical mass of discontent at the level of insurrection. Were there to be an economic collapse, or WWIII becomes up close and personal, all bets are off, but at present, civil war is just not going to happen.

The article itself seems to be trying to push all of the hot buttons to get folks riled up but I tune out as soon as they start talking about the UN taking over. The UN does not have the troops, training, or equipment to do anything other than “peacekeeping” after the real war has been fought. They are not an offensive body, let alone able to disarm 100,000,000 American gun owners, and take on active duty and recent duty troops that are loyal to the US Constitution.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom,
    From my perspective I don’t see an issue where two large groups are ready to kill each other over the problems. Maybe a few evil people would like to depopulate the US in a maniacal plan. I hope they don’t have any power.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I also think the UN will not be able to take control of 100 million armed Americans.

Also the number of gun owners maybe higher then the old 100 million we keep hearing. Gun sales has gone way up this year, read Summer 2015: New Record for Gun Sales? https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150911/summer-2015-new-record-for-gun-sales

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Here is another article on the amount of gun sales happening right now. This tell me that there is a large part of the U. S. population that is getting ready for something. So what is happening?

Gun Sales Set Record for Sixth Month in a Row

http://freebeacon.com/issues/gun-sales-set-record-for-sixth-month-in-a-row/

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Most new gun owners are women, I guess they plan on keeping the right to vote.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

I’d like to know the facts behind the assertion: “[T]here are secret UN locations all across America with stockpiles of the traditional UN white vehicles, millions of body bags, as well as permanent and impromptu detention facilities that are prepared for the coming Civil War.”

That may well be so, but how many “UN” military personnel are in country, and how many trucks, tanks, howitzers, etc., in UN control? Training them, then sending them home is one thing, keeping a permanent large foreign force here is another. I’ve no doubt that various armies of domestically recruited federal paramilitary inner-city gangs will joyfully, gleefully, gun down as many pregnant women, kids, and old folks (especially if they are not of “protected minority” ethnicity) as it takes to get a promotion, or until their weapons turn red-hot in their hands, and the barrels begin to droop.

I also have no problem believing that certain foreign troops, recruited from certain nations, can hardly wait for the opportunity to shoot (behead?) any and all US Americans. But how many of them are over here? Urban gangbangers, uniformed or not, are finite in number, and probably not up to the rigors of extended combat, especially when they begin to be thinned out. Some nations could field more troops than we have citizens, and would welcome an invitation from a guy like Zero.

Most of the people warning us about such things are probably sincere, but it’s hard to know if they really know. Any trustworthy sources of info?

Cry, "Treason!"

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Have to agree with other comments , we are not ready yet . I think the trigger for that will be an economic collapse , when all the entitlement checks stop rolling in , then we will be ready or close . Any heavy handedness by the authorities after that happens , could very well be the breaking point .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Nowhere near the breaking point.
    Boiling a frog gentlemen.

Places it should have happened it hasn’t.
    Places where the citizenry have a legitimate beef.

If it happens, I doubt any of us here are still around to see it.

There are enough malcontents out there, but not enough trust between them to account for squat. Think about that for a minute.
    Opsec.
    The death of anything since the militias were infiltrated by the feds.

Bone heads getting caught with bombs, buying guns for felons, getting caught doing stupid.
    Cletus and Jethro may be nice enough guys, but do you really trust them when they start spouting black helicopter reports at the BBQ?

Regional problems, Chicago for instance may occur.
    But bluntly, what happens there matters little to Wyoming or darkest Vermont.

Regional issues? A given.
    But nationally? Nah.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Whirlibird Whirlibird.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sorry double post

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
    Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I don’t think we’re at the point of civil war, though I do feel that we are heading in that direction. I do not believe that it would be like our first one though, it would be incredibly messy. I wouldn’t even know where to begin in terms of predicting what factions/territories would appear.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Here you go .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I am skeptical of all the stories around the ‘net about scary UN vehicles, body bags, caskets, guard towers, holding camps, etc. COULD it be happening? Not too much would surprise me anymore, but I’m skeptical that it’s that far along, at least. And UN troops? Whose troops would those be?!? Who’s willing to put their troops here in large numbers long term? I personally suspect there are some fear mongers of the type that create the types of stories that Snopes or Truthorfiction.com have to deal with – except these are scarier than the gang initiation candidate under your car in the parking lot of the local mall, ready to slash your legs with a knife, etc. Some people just get their jollies out of making crap up and posting it as “fact,” and watching other people go nuts with it. Still others are probably very sincere, and have seen a few vehicles here or there that have appeared very non-ordinary, drawn conclusions after letting their minds get away from them, and they add to the fear-mongering inappropriately.

Heck, when I lived on one particular military installation years ago, long, long convoys would come rolling in past our quarters down the hill, carrying ordnance of various types, to store in a highly secure area back behind our housing area. There were all kinds of rumors about what went on back there, and even with a top secret clearance, I had very little clue about what was going on back there (no “need to know”). It was rumored by some that nukes were stored back there, and that there had even been a nuclear accident one day just a year or so before we moved there, blowing out all kinds of windows. Uh – reality check! The “mushroom” cloud some people saw was so small, and so relatively low, that it was just naive people that had never seen a decent explosion before, and thought that it looked like a mushroom cloud, therefore it MUST have been a nuclear explosion!!!!!! AAAAaaaccccckkkk! After all, windows were blown out as far away as ½ mile! LOL (Doesn’t pass the “smell test,” obviously, and there was never any evacuation according to people I personally knew, who were there when it happened – including one that had glass in the back of the office chair he was sitting in.)

Now – could we have a civil war in the U.S.? In limited pockets, I could easily foresee it happening, particularly around larger cities with heavy gang activity, where there are also reasonably middle-class to affluent neighborhoods nearby inner-city areas (otherwise known as a race war). I could conceive of there being a black-white war, of sorts, or even a black-Hispanic war at some point – but mostly gang related. But nationwide scale? No. I think it would be far less of a major side-choosing war, and more just a complete falling apart of social order.

Do I expect things could get mighty nasty in the US? Certainly. But we’ve seen much worse so far in other countries, and even there the civil wars, so to speak, haven’t broken out formally – it’s just local, small group or even individual stuff (even though some of that does involve literal atrocities).

Color me skeptical of some of the things on that site, while at the same time still preparing for various eventualities locally. I ain’t blind, either.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Yep GS, as soon as someone mentions FEMA camps or UN troops, my eyes glaze over. Some would have us believe the “camps” are all over the place with the UN troops ready to round us all up, yet I’ve not seen proof of a single such camp existing, let alone the hundreds they try to get folks excited about. It is as if they have a list of hot buttons that need to be inserted into every article. The more people that go to their sites, the more advertising dollars they get, or whatever it is they are selling.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.