Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Seems like we are under constant cyber attacks now with no response from the US.

Wolf told CNSNews.com that he believes special Chinese military units are responsible for roughly 80 percent of the cyber-attacks on American businesses, foundations and government agencies.

“If you are a major law firm and you’re working on a trade case with China, they’ll strip your computers,” said the Virginia Republican, who is retiring this year after serving in the House since 1980.

“We fund the FBI on my committee. I’ve looked at the list. They’re hitting major law firms. They’re hitting all the companies,” said Wolf, who chairs the House Commerce-Justice-Science Subcommittee and whose own computer was previously hacked by the Chinese.

However, he pointed out that the cyber-attack on NOAA may have affected national security because the weather agency shares a satellite with the Pentagon and NASA.

“What may not appear important initially may be very significant as you add it in with something else. If they were looking at what NOAA’s doing, at rocket launches, at military maneuvers, who knows? What if they are able to shut down the grid? What if they are able to shut down the banking system?” he asked.

Wolf also pointed to the Oct. 20 indictment of Xiafen “Sherry” Chen, a Chinese-born naturalized U.S. citizen and NOAA hydrologist in Ohio who was accused of downloading “sensitive files from the National Inventory of Dams.”

http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/rep-wolf-chinese-hackers-literally-taking-whatever-they-want

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

STATE DEPT COMPUTERS HACKED, EMAIL SHUT DOWN
    The State Department has taken the unprecedented step of shutting down its entire unclassified email system as technicians repair possible damage from a suspected hacker attack.

A senior department official said Sunday that “activity of concern” was detected in the system around the same time as a previously reported incident that targeted the White House computer network. That incident was made public in late October, but there was no indication then that the State Department had been affected. Since then, a number of agencies, including the U.S. Postal Service and the National Weather Service, have reported attacks.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is the reason I think we will never have a nuclear attack. Between the Chinese and Russians planning cyber attack that can turn off the banking, electrical grid and the total internet they really to not need to use nuclear weapons on us. The Chinese and Russians have this option with the additional option of an EMP at the same time to totally destroy 80 to 90% of the American population.

We would not even be able to know who really hit us.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’m concerned with the boldness and frequency of the attacks against high value targets. Hacking the White House is sending a strong message. Perhaps the US had infiltrated everyone’s systems as well and everything is just “tit for tat” but I don’t think the end game plan is just a game of tag on the internet.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

did you see the russian hack towards the banks here last month? tick tock.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS Yes I did. I believe the Russians and Chinese are working together on plans to take us down if they need to.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I saw the Weather Channel go down for most of the night a few days ago.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Meanwhile ‘Bams is trying to do more one sided deals with the Chinese….we give and they take.

My understanding is that China has mapped all of our key utility (including water) infrastructure. They have infiltrated our financial systems and govt.entities. China has been preparing for cyberwar, conventional war, and I wouldn’t be surprised if also biowar. They don’t need to nuke us or even do an emp if they could shut us down with cyberwar capabilities. They cannot feed their own population anymore nor can they produce all of the energy they need. They have run out of clean water and have hopelessly polluted their air. They need land and resources and they have been building the capabilities to take it where and as they want it. The US is the only thing that stands in the way of what they see as their destiny. The Chinese harbor old grievances against the West from colonial days and against Japan from WWII. I read of an extensive tunnel system with tracks to move missiles so as to make it all but impossible to take them all out. There have been reports of massive stockpiling of imported raw materials.

I hope and pray that the US has the ability to fend off a full throttle opening volley WWIII cyberattack, but it is hard to be confident when we see successful hacks repeatedly. Maybe we have allowed those attacks to succeed rather than to show our hand? Hope springs eternal as they say.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, If they find a way with a cyber attack to turn off our nuclear weapons then yes they would do it. But I think they know we will hit them with nuclear weapons if they take us down. This is why I think they will still need an EMP attack strong enough that it would destroy the electronics that would send the nuclear weapons up.

So the attack would have to happen all at the same time. Not easy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

If Russia were to cooperate with China they could pretty much divvy up the world between them with the US out of the way.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Whenever I see a cyber attack my first thought is always “What 13 year old in their Mom’s basement did it this time?”

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled, To true, but what does that say about our cybor experts?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think though 13 year old kids have done many cyber attack but the Chinese and Russians have seen that and have now an army of kids doing cyber attacks to find the best way to take us down.

A year ago I had read an article that said that Iran had 250,000 computer engineers working full time on cyber attacks and 90% of them have studied in the U. S., Europe, Russia, and China.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.