Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

One of our favorite activities in prepping is having healthy & tasty food on hand. Cleaning out freezer this week and making jerky and bone broth from last season harvest (‘scraps’)– elk, deer, antelope. We can bone broth which makes for a well rounded pantry. Today making chicken feet bone broth which is one of my favorites.

http://www.realfoodrn.com/chicken-feet-bone-broth/

Canning skills a must for preppers. http://nchfp.uga.edu/publications/publications_usda.html

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Chester I do the Chicken feet broth as well. You get some odd looks when making it.lol

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

You’re right about that Gypsy. We travel a lot & pack bone broth & our canning goods (elk, tuna etc.) Our recent road trip to Utah we spent practically nothing on food costs. I like that savings $$$. :)

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Gypsy, I am giving you right now the odd look and you can’t see it but I am!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Lol yes yes I can see that. What ever you do don’t make it with the kids around. lol My 16 yr came home one day and thought YEAH mom made chicken soup. That face changed when she stirred the pot. lol She doesn’t swear very often, but that day we got. “Holy F*** MOM!!….What The F***!!…..there is feet in that pot!!”

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I have had it before but  my kids would have a cow! My 19 and 14 year old would be saying four letter words all day to me. My 19 year old would tell me, dad you eat that and I will eat the can foods in a SHTF. lol!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Needless to say when it gets canned up we label it chicken bone broth

George S. Patton

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

free-range chickens only

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Oh yes would not have chicken feet from the supermarket.  Free-range is what I eat. The same goes for red meat.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

you betcha freedom, we’re all local on our food. we’re blessed to have abundant wild game and do trading too. been doing a lot of goat and lamb recently. big fan of duck eggs and raw goat milk.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Oh I love duck eggs, I had two ducks but the problems is the city so I have to give them up.  I love goat, I cook it slow and with wine, it is a strong meat but I love it as much as deer. Mt wife loves lamb. My dad grow up with only goat milk.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Gypsy,

I am going to sleep thinking about the chicken feet broth! lol!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.