Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

In my opinion, the most difficult thing to prepare for are the cheap shots of other people. It seems like the main theme is to concoct a scheme of malevolence in such a manner that a person who is not on the same frame of mind, will never see it coming.

A nasty bar fight would be an example.

My first experience with being ambushed occurred in the big city, and I was young and foolish enough to walk through a dark field at night. I found myself quickly surrounded by half a dozen Indians, and took a shot or two to the face. I was lucky and managed to escape. Knifes where as popular as machetes and hatchets, in that area. I cannot remember what was going through my head before hand. Stupid mistake.

But looking back on it I remember exactly what happened. There where two choke points, and we where surrounded by fences. They waited until I entered and sprung the trap.

I did escape, $%#^ers followed me two blocks 2. I managed to get behind them and gave them the slip, only to get punched in the face again by the same group about 2 weeks later.

I find the use of choke points to be a prevalent tactic with gangs and fighters in every city I have been in. Once a guy was staring me down, once again I was young and dumb, looked right back at him straight in the eyes, thinking wtf? Do I know this guy? So I go up the escalator, and thats when he bolted up the stairs adjacent and grabbed me by the collar at the choke point above.

I was just not in a frame of mind to see it coming, but when he grabbed me I was, and I did manage to talk him out of it.

Now that I am a bit older, and (haha) wiser. I try to stay in a frame of mind to see events like that coming, the biggest thing, is listening to that voice in the back of my head, it knows when shits going down, the pilot is just a little slow to react lol.

This year out on the dirt roads, my father managed to get turned around in the bush. Low on fuel already he was following some signs that someone had put up, claiming to be a path towards town. But the road just got smaller and smaller. When he told me what happened after back tracking on fumes, we both said at the same time, damn lucky that wasn’t a trap. We have since scouted the road, but you never damn well know.

So the frame of mind I choose to be in, when outside of my home, is one of mindfulness. I may think about ways to ambush, and other manners of skull#$%^ery, but I do not do them, I use my knowledge as a base for self defense. I hope that doesn’t come across as too evil.

There are really all kinds of setups and tactics that can be used against those who don’t think this way, or have the experience to smell a trap. Some years ago, there was a gang of indians, sending women into bars. Now as a single young stud you may be thinking hell yea, you take her home with you. You start getting busy in the bedroom, and that’s when her boyfriend and his dozen or so gang walk into your house beat you silly, tie you up in the basement for a week while they ransack and destroy your house, and probably check facebook enough times to get caught.

Just another reason why I am the one to chase women, and not the other way around. It just doesn’t feel right when a woman hits on you that way, *ding.

The Samaritan trap, is also very common. “help help, fire fire”. You run to the sound of someone screaming and SMAck the back of your head is caved in.

That’s a setup. You moved before you where thinking straight.

It sucks, because there really could be a fire… but now you have to think about it.

If you know about any other kinds of setups, I hope you share them so we are all the wiser.

I will post a few more later.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

From 2010: ‘It also shows the constantly evolving and sophisticated tactics of insurgents that American and Iraqi officials say have been seriously debilitated since the deaths of their top leaders last spring.

The town’s mayor, Sheik Ahmed Al-Zarqushi, told the Associated Press that gunmen broke into the house at about 1 a.m. in the town of Sadiyah, 60 miles north of Baghdad, and killed a man and two women inside. They then sent the two children to a nearby Iraqi army checkpoint to tell the soldiers about their parents’ bodies.

“When the Iraqi army forces arrived and broke into the house, the house blew up, killing eight soldiers and wounding four others,” he said.’ – Washington Times

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks KOS.
    Even harder thing to prepare for most of the people is to be ready to use same dirty tricks and cheap shots by yourself.
    Not suggesting anything but as soon as man realize that surviving include lot of “cheap and dirty tricks” chances for that surviving are better.
    It is simply about adapting and surviving.

Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

Back when I was in the navy a friend and I had to get off of the trolley in San Diego at a less than desirable location to get back to the base. We were aware of our surroundings and were on our toes. We had heard stories of other sailors being beat up and robbed in the area and it was not long before we were being shadowed. It was two guys. We had to cross a bridge to get back to the base and I told my friend we make our stand on the bridge where we could control the direction they came at us better.

I am a lot bigger than my friend and one of the attackers. My friend looked at me like I was crazy when I told him to engage the big guy. I told him my plan was simple. My friend was a black belt in T’ai Chi so I figured he should be able to hold his own for a couple of minutes while I simply grabbed the little assailant by the scruff of the neck and chucked him off the bridge. Then there would be two of us to engage the other guy.

About halfway across the bridge we turned around and spread apart a few feet making it clear by our postures we were ready to fight back. They stepped out of the shadows and sized us up and turned and went back the way they had come.

My guess is they wanted targets that would be easier to intimidate and it was clear we were ready for a fight.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Great Thread, KOS!

Always being aware, looking for choke points and setups, keeps us safe many times that we are unaware of. I’m trying to adapt this to more common situations, which I may encounter in the WROL world that is coming. Second Nature for SELCO ;)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

BobbyD
    BobbyD
    Survivalist
    member6

Don’t forget your guardian angel.
    He is on duty 24/7 and is always ready to help.
    Always ask, they are anxious to provide.
    Yes, I know, sounds silly and, “one should never rely on that”.
    But there are plenty of case histories to substantiate
    their performance and accomplishments. Just think back to your
    “near misses” . It wasn’t always your own brilliant actions that saved
    your ass.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

I like that BobbyD
    I have personal experiences where that is the best explanation, as well…

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

BobbyD
    BobbyD
    Survivalist
    member6

The Guardian Angel of a US visionary in Ohio says:
    “Praise be to Jesus.”

“I have come to enlighten you as to the action of angels in your life and in the world today. Because we abide in Heaven, we are not constrained by time or space. This allows us to be in many places at the same time. We can move instantaneously between Heaven and earth. So it is, that your petitions are carried instantaneously from your heart to the Heart of God.”

“We [the angels] are permitted to disguise ourselves as mortal beings in order to redirect free will or to initiate actions towards the fulfillment of God’s plans.”

“We most often counter evil forces that threaten eternal life, and help the undecided to determine the path of righteousness. We can bring to fulfillment God’s plans, thwarting mankind’s evil inclinations by our influence.”

“The most important point I make today is that people need to believe in the angels. The greater your faith in us, the more power we have to act.”

“Ask them to assist you.”
    http://www.holylove.org

Profile photo of jwc1480
    jwc1480
    Survivalist
    member1

This story reminded me of something that happened to me when I was in Vietnam. All in all, I spent 2 yrs., 7 mos., and 12 days in Vietnam. I spent the first 11.5 months as a scout dog handler with 33rd Infantry Platoon, 4th War Dog Detachment, 4th Infantry Division, in the field. Then I was give the opportunity to become a Scout Dog instructor with USARV (US Army, Vietnam) DTD (Dog Training Detachment) in Bien Hoa. As cadre, we had a generous pass policy. I would get into Saigon almost every weekend. My favorite place to stay was the Hong Ta hotel, a high rise hotel about 3 blocks from the President hotel. Anyway, one night I had a fallling out with the girl friend I would always see when visiting. And Vietnam, being Vietnam, the ladies could go from GI to GI, but the GIs could not go from lady to lady in the same place. This would be “butterflying”, a grave insult to the lady in question. So I knew If I wanted to get laid that night, and I did, I had to go somewhere else until the whole spat blew over. So, around 2100 or so, I grabbed my gear, and set off to the the President hotel (OTIS elevateors as opposed to some jerky French **** in the Hong Ta). I walked out of the HT on a side street heading to the main street less than a block away. But on the corner was a small bar/cafe filled with the locals. As I walked by it, a young boy of around 11 or 12 looked at me, the ran back inside the open cafe. He ran to a table in the back that had 7-9 older teenage boys sitting around it. And he ran up to the one that appeared to be the leader. The leader eyed me as I rounded the corner. I started walking fast. Really really fast. By the time he had the troops rallied with a plan, I was a block or so ahead of them, and only a block or so from the President. I kept looking back hoping nothing would happen. But there they were, spilling out onto the street in front of the cafe. I didn’t know what to do (I should have just outrun them; I was young and strong and in good shape) but stopped under a street lamp. They looked at me, and I looked at them. They were deciding whether to take me or not. So I reached into my toilet bag, pulled out a plastic soap dish holding a bar of soap, and pretended it was a pistol. I lowered it in front of me, and with my other hand “drew the slide back”. And then just stood there defiantly. We stood eyeballing each other for about 15 seconds, and then the leader headed back into the cafe. Now THAT scared the hell out of me and taught me something about traveling methods and when to travel, and when NOT to.

Profile photo of jwc1480
    jwc1480
    Survivalist
    member1

I should have said, “This is in reply to phoenix” and his San Diego story.
    Thx all, for your contributions.

Profile photo of MidSouth Mitch
    MidSouth Mitch
    Survivalist
    member2

About 20 years ago when my future wife & I were just dating, we had an interesting encounter in downtown Orlando. It was between 1:30-2:00 am and we had just left a concert at a venue on the main drag, Orange Ave. and we were proceeding to my car parked a block away, down a less-traveled but well-lit side street. All of the sudden, this dude comes sprinting out of a darkened alley ahead of us and to the right, coming directly for us. Fortunately, I’d been receiving extensive handgun combat and bodyguard training and was packing. She was to my left and I threw my left arm in front of her and swept her to the rear, while simultaneously gripping my Glock 23, still in the (small of the back) holster. At my movement, said thug put on the brakes, threw his hands up and shouted that he only wanted to know what time it was! (He got to within about 20 ft. of us) I informed him that it was time for him to leave and he about-faced and beat feet double-time, back to the hole he crawled out of. I never even drew my gun from its holster.

We were VERY fortunate that the thug sprung his trap way too early- Might have been an entirely different story if he’d waited until we passed his position and came at us from behind.

Thanks to God and Amen to our Guardian Angels!

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Selco, I hadnt really thought about it, but you are right.

Some great storys here. Thanks everyone for contributing.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Its important also to know how to deliver the same if you had to . This is not the 1950’s anymore , now its whatever it takes to win . Most of the elite military forces around the world teach where the points of the body are most effective to strike for maximum results , and how to deal with multiple opponents if unarmed . Many of these guys teach what they know . Youtube Vadim Starov , this guy is just one , there are many of them out there . Here is one where he is showing a woman some tricks using everyday devices .

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Wow…. I am actually licking my wounds after a crazy Saturday night at the bar so this subject really hits home for me…..

I work weekends as a bouncer at a local bar. This last weekend there were several fights that I had to deal with including the one guy that went absolutely crazy. He pushed the other bouncer into the front counter and started throwing punches. After we had already thrown him out and he had walked down the street, he came back and rushed through the door at me. I had to Spartan kick him and choke tossed him through the door. There were two other guys that I had to toss out as well. It was just CRAZY!!!!

All in all, I have several bruises on my arms and legs as well as a bruised rib where the one guy who rushed me ****** punched me as we were separating. I really should have just knocked him out and probably will to the next douche-nozzle that swings at me…..

I now realize that I am getting old. Dang I am sore.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

LOL , getting older sucks , but you sound like you know what to do and as importantly , know what to expect . Thats more than most people do . That guy in the video is a Spetsnaz , he trains Russian special forces units . The guy is an animal . I dont mean that in a negative way , the guy is big , and ruthless ………..one of those people that you would have to shoot from a distance , because if he gets close to you ……..your screwed !!!! no matter what you do or know .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.