Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

I can’t help wondering if, in this particular jurisdiction (which has all but done backflips to pave the way for muslim involvement, if not takeover, in all things civic) this case will turn into a push for him to be tried by a Sharia court, on the grounds that non-muslims simply wouldn’t understand why he NEEDED to shoot her. No, such a maneuver probably wouldn’t survive the new 5:4 balance in the Extreme Court, but “Just-us” Ginsburg could write a dissent that would inflame the Left-Right division in America even more, and that’s what TPTB want. Governmental and economic things are getting dicier, and they need to prevent people from examining the underlying causes and reaching valid conclusions.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I’ve got to hand it to you, Tec! Now that’s the kind of global, all-encompassing paranoia I was talking about in the earlier post, not just short term, situational paranoia. I’m in awe – and seeking to transcend to, and achieve that level of paranoia for my own safety. LOL! ;-)

Seriously, in today’s absurdly crazy world, there’s a fine line (sometimes not even discernible) difference between absurdity, satire, and stark reality. And I’m not entirely certain which category your scenario fits. Sad.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

GS, I try to stay balanced on that fine line. These days, “solid ground” is but a spiritual thing.

Cry, "Treason!"

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Excellent summary on federal regulations regarding cash:

https://www.caseyresearch.com/financial-martial-law/

Again, the usual disclaimer and warning – I used to rely on Casey Research immensely (note the past tense there). The name, Casey Research, is now owned and operated by Porter Stansberry, not Doug Casey, who is a minority owner, and only involved part time with the operation (occasional articles, as far as I can tell).

However, if you totally avoid reading any of the shaded boxes or other sales promotion links on ANY articles on the Casey Research site, you can gather plenty of still-good factual information. Stansberry is famous for the “tease.” He’ll put out just enough teasing factual information, have a click-link, and then you’re into the real sales pitch (he’s among the VERY best at this on line – along with associates Bill Bonner, Jim Rickards, Agora, etc., etc., etc.). Disregard every bit of that, and just read the above-linked article, titled: Financial Martial Law. That’s not at all an overblown title, even if it is intended as a come-on for yet another (near daily) Stansberry sales pitch. Just read the article and see the latest on what’s legal and what’s not (most everything!) in the way of using cash.

I’m sorely disappointed in Attorney General Sessions for his ramping up (again) of the civil asset forfeiture laws, and encouraging state and local jurisdictions to feel more empowered to engage in “legal” hold-ups of law abiding citizens, all for the purpose of getting more “revenue.” I had better beliefs about Sessions than that – but apparently he’s just another one of the gang (literally).

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

“If the government can’t watch everything you do, citizen, how will they know whether you should continue to be allowed to live?” By some interpretations of the Trading With The Enemy Act (revised in 1933), we (citizens) are all included in the definition of “enemy.” Any property of an enemy can be immediately confiscated. How far they’ll push it depends on the circumstances of the day.

Imagine the day they can no longer refi the “National Debt.”

Cry, "Treason!"

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

No cash = track every transaction.

Microchip implant at work = track every movement in/out/around the building, including bathroom breaks, other breaks, social visits with other employees, whatever the boss’s brain can conceive. And the gummint can use that data for any investigation of the company’s employee, for whatever purpose. Yet company employees are enthusiastically lining up to get ‘em!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/technology/microchips-wisconsin-company-employees.html

Got a Roomba vacuum cleaner that automatically vacuums your house? Did you ever stop to think about the fact that it creates maps of the rooms and where all furniture and other objects are placed, saves those maps, and goes back out the next day or so to even more efficiently cover the entire house? Apple developed that mapping software and the control interface for the device. Now they’re apparently going to be selling maps of your house to Google, Amazon, whoever….

http://mashable.com/2017/07/25/roomba-irobot-map-home-google-amazon-apple/#q5qShVeglZqK

Israel just agreed to remove metal detectors from around the Al Aqsa Mosque compound (which is holy ground for Muslims, Jews, and Christians). “Israel’s security Cabinet said it would replace the metal detectors with ‘advanced technologies,’ reportedly cameras that can detect hidden objects like weapons and explosives,” but they say no one needs to worry – there’s no threat to personal privacy there. “Spokesman Micky Rosenfeld … said ‘Israel Police does not use any type of camera that harms privacy in any way and has no intention of using such cameras in the future.’ ” Well, thank you Micky for that reassurance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/the-latest-israel-begins-removing-metal-detectors-from-site/2017/07/24/dca3500c-70ec-11e7-8c17-533c52b2f014_story.html?utm_term=.a0d0d8048cf0

Got a SMART TV? (Vizio, Samsung – doesn’t matter….) A WikiLeaks dump just 4 months ago, “revealed that Samsung smart TV owners are particularly vulnerable to spying. Newly published documents detail a program called ‘Weeping Angel,’ an attack designed by the CIA and United Kingdom’s MI5/BTSS that makes Samsung smart TVs look like they’re turned off when, in fact, they’re not.” Weeping Angel?!? I’ll bet they are! But never fear – former CIA director Michael Hayden said, “These tools would not be used against an American.” (I’ll sleep better tonight, knowing that.) They’ve got microphones to transmit and record everything said in the room (or beyond?), some have cameras. And when they’re off, they’re not really. Really.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/09/if-you-have-a-smart-tv-take-a-closer-look-at-your-privacy-settings.html

NEST devices, SMART appliances, security system? Personal fitness device(s)? We’re being surveilled 24/7 if we’ve got any of ‘em.

But what if there isn’t audio or video? Just last month a Connecticut man was charged with murdering his wife based partially on data found on her fitness tracker.

Authorities say Connie Dabate’s fitbit showed her moving around her house after her husband Richard told police a masked man shot and killed her.

http://wgntv.com/2017/05/11/alexa-are-you-invading-my-privacy-electronic-devices-recordings-raise-concerns/

“Hello, Alexa.” You get the picture …. (Pun intended.) And so do they.

GS

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.