Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Okay, Trump won, the Republicans hold the House and Senate.

We have two years until the libtards can make any sweeping changes.

From a week ago, how have your plans and prep schedule changed? If any.

I can’t say my prep plans have changed majorly, but my food and water plans have been moved forward.

Part two, I am really looking forward to getting some additional toys built for the kids. Call me paranoid, but I can see some major push back from the libtards when they regain control.

Don’t want this to get seriously political, just a look at everyone’s plans to see if we are missing something.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Just hurrying up like the hurricane slowing before land fall no change just a delay to the un avoidable

Instead of a well i am getting together a 30 foot piece of stainless pipe with a bell bottom, a solar/wind operated fan and making a air water condenser. should get me water till it gets to -20 c then no air moisture for it to work on.
    using a hand pump and burying 25 feet of it should net me about 5 gallons of water a day total cost on the project 1500. will be adding filters to stop insects and particle debris from entering, with ability to go up to filter air in worst case scenario.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I didn’t do anything specific during the run up to the election despite expecting that the Hildebeast was going to win, and so don’t have any changes in mind now.

Last month when I was visiting our daughter & her family in North Carolina I did tell my son-in-law that when the 1st tactical nuke goes off anywhere in the world that they should be on the road heading to our place within the hour, and that they should be filling their gas tank frequently on the way. I told him no sitting in front of the TV watching the news as events could spin out of control very rapidly and best to move before everyone else figures its time to leave the cities. Every hour is precious and it’s about a 14 – 15 hour journey currently.

I am going to get them a new road atlas. They sometimes find my ways a little humorous but I tell them the atlas will still work when their GPS doesn’t, and they especially need an atlas should the interstates not be an option.

My son-in-law says a single tank of gas can get him up to Pennsylvania. I told him I can get to Pennsylvania and back to Vermont on a single tank as it is a 36 gallon tank, though I keep extra gas that I could carry with me to extend my range. I hate to think in these terms but the state of the world is such that sometimes we have to. Metro Charlotte has 2.4 million people and they live 9 miles as the crow flies from a double nuke plant, so not a good place to be come SHTF despite its suburban perfection now.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

remember gas for regular trip is when all is working no traffic jams no detours no problems, during SHTF double triple fuel and time. have ability to pay for fuel as well as pump fuel.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

remember gas for regular trip is when all is working no traffic jams no detours no problems, during SHTF double triple fuel and time. have ability to pay for fuel as well as pump fuel.

Believe I know. My short term goal is just getting him thinking in these terms as he has a hard time imagining any really bad ever happening. They think I worry too much. And I do about these two cuties.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

There are apps to find alternative fuel stations that sell biodiesel propane etc. as vehicle fuel. I could use biodiesel in my generator or truck if reg highway diesel is sold out. I’ve never tried to make it but it doesn’t seem like a very complicated process. I’ve used a 100 gal. aluminum transfer tank on trips to Florida. It gets me down to around Georgia where the fuel is cheaper. Since the Soros left wing has declared war on whitey I’m not going to be doing much long distance traveling. The electoral college doesn’t actually vote until December 19 so the mind game is still on. Nothing is truly settled yet. Obama says he wants a peaceful power transition, but you can take that with a grain of salt. Whatever was said in the 90 minute private meeting must have been nasty, threats exchanged. I thought Trump was very reserved afterward and just went along to get out of there asap. No fly zone declared over trump tower so at least Trump is safe. Has there been a designated survivor appointed yet? Just a bit of dark humor.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Brulen, I’ve only used biodiesel once, but it seemed to yield slightly more power and mileage. Still, I’ve been warned that long term use requires rubber supply lines to be of a compound specifically made for that fuel. I’ve also read that clean vegetable oil, or well-filtered used veg. oil will work, as long as it is warm (usually heated by a line from the engine cooling system routed through the tank) enough to be liquid of approximately the same viscosity as diesel. I’ve never tried that myself, but I’ve talked to a few “greasecar” owners who were satisfied with the mileage they were getting for the cost (usually just labor) of gathering it from restaurants, filtering, and storing it.

Cry, "Treason!"

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Changes ? Actually YES ! With the Trump victory , I now feel more secure about the weapons and ammo part of it , and now feel a bit more free to concentrate on other areas .

Profile photo of Broadside
    Broadside
    Survivalist
    member3

No real changes to the preps. Yes Tolik I agree, the bullets part of the equation is a lot less threatened and I even have hope that it may get better. Maybe we’ll start to see 7N6 imported again. Who knows? If I could start getting spam cans of that again I’d dance in the streets.

But for the most part, no. Things are as they have been, with an added increase of potential for incurring violence from those on the left, and that for the crime of not agreeing with them. I’m sure if someone gave them their just desserts they’d decry gun violence from the rooftops while ignoring their own…like usual. In truth I see the potential for violence, and I mean REAL violence, up at least two fold.

So no real changes. Maybe though, I’ll put more time into the snap shot.

Profile photo of Corvus
    Corvus
    Survivalist
    member4

Brulen: There’s a pretty wild YOUTUBE on what a former member of the NSA has to say about the Trump White House 90-plus- minute meeting. Yon can listen there’s not much in the way of visuals. I won’t post a link but it is a recent piece. Eye-opening.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Why no link? So far I have been unable to find any such YouTube video.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

This one perhaps??

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Nope – that video was prior to the election. Corvus was referring to “the Trump White House 90-plus- minute meeting.” Trump didn’t have a White House meeting until after he was already elected. Corvus’ reference appears to be referring to whatever happened in that closed meeting between Trump and Obama after the election. And yes, if someone truly does have some “fly on the wall” information about that meeting, it would be fascinating at very minimum.

Go back to the “Ex-Order Space Weather Events” thread for a brand new development (just found).

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.