Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1.4 million cases in Liberia and Sierra Leone alone, this is not good. This will go to other countries. No way that you can control 1.4 million cases.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/09/23/who-forecasts-more-than-20000-ebola-cases-by-november-2/

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Anyone following along the ebola news knew this already. Affirmation by the CDC only makes them look like fools at this point, trying to hide the obvious. I guess by April it will be around 10 million infected if nothing changes. It won’t take that many dead in the US to stop us in out tracks. The economic collapse will occur when no one goes to work anymore.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

So they say it is tripling ever 21 days.
    Jan 1,400,000
    Feb 4,200,000
    March 12,600,000
    April 37,800,000
    May 113,400,000
    It will probably slow down when it runs out of people to infect.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

74, I agree that it is scary and a developed economy can’t hold up if too many stay home. Assuming it doesn’t go airborne what may slow the progress in the developed world is that people will be smarter with basic precautions. If it goes airborne all bets are off.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mtb. Airborne only means that the viruses are alive in saliva droplets. The size of the droplet determines the distance they can travel in the air. 6-20 feet. You can breath the droplets or they land on a surface and stay alive. Looks like ebola can stay alive 15-50 hours depending on the quality of the surface.

Buried within these ebola threads are articles and statements from leading medical experts supporting the fact that ebola is capable of airborne transmission. We are only safe if they can keep the US zero patient number very low and make an early detection. When it does come a whole lot of people will be detained.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, The numbers are what doesn’t lie. We will have Ebola in four to six months. If Europe gets it first the economy in Europe will collapse and that will start the domino of counties collapsing.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I suspect the numbers are a lie, as in way low right now.

Europe will probably have the bigger problem at first, just because they have a lot more Africans traveling back and forth then we do in the US. Once it takes hold in Europe it will spread globally. People in Europe will do the same thing as they are in Africa, hiding from the authorities so they don’t get locked up, riots when they are quarantined. People will try to escape and bring it with them, just a matter of time now.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Yeah, we may very well be in deep trouble here. I’m gonna push up my preps in a big way I think.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

WhiteKnight, Make sure you have all the prepping needed for this. If it were to happen we may have to stay in our homes for 4 to6 months or till the all clear.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>WhiteKnight, Make sure you have all the prepping needed for this. If it were to happen we may have to stay in our homes for 4 to6 months or till the all clear.

How long is 50 hours?
    What’s the incubation period? Days? Weeks? 2 to 21 days before signs are showing.

First, shut the borders, completely.
    Secondly, ground all aircraft for 3 days minimum while they’re all decomtaminated. Every foreign flight is decontaminated and held the lifetime of the virus on its own plus three days. All passengers are quarantined the full incubation perion plus a week at their own expense. They want in, they’re gonna pay. No exceptions, diplomat or rich guy doesn’t matter. And they’re gonna be tested on their dime also.

Next have everyone sanitize their house with bleach water.
    Making sure peopke understand that too much bleach is just as bad as too little and doesn’t kill the bugs.

Everyone except essential persons is quarantined at home for a week. Police and fire are only rolling on dire emergencies. Hospitals and other care facilities are locked in. You go in, you aren’t coming out until the all clear.

Military personnel out of the country? A month at Guantanamo Bay on the way back. Enjoy the beach ladies and gents.

Within a month, we would know if anyone here is exposed/contagious and could go from there. After that, its controling who comes in.

Anyone caught entering illegally or without quarantine is a health risk to everyone and should be treated as such. Anyone illegally entering who’s exposed is a potential mass murderer and will be dealt with accordingly.

Ya, its got holes but for a quicky answer and a place to start, it could be worse.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Nice plan Whirly, but they will never do it until it’s way to late. Curious about your comment “Making sure peopke understand that too much bleach is just as bad as too little and doesn’t kill the bugs.” Chlorine destroys organic material, how would more of it not kill a virus?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Vitamin C Can Fight The Ebola Virus, It is well known that vitamin C helps with the immune system fight a virus and it is also well known that the areas that Ebola has hit are areas of low vitamin C levels. Vitamin C is a great antioxidant.

In the article Dr. Cathcart said “Doctor Cathcart who had already studied the intestinal tolerance to the large amounts of vitamin C, assumes that Ebola and other types of viral hemorrhagic fever may require 500.000 mg of vitamin C daily.

Interesting is the fact that the therapies which include large doses of vitamin C practically have no serious side-effects except for nausea and diarrhea.”

So we need to stock up on vitamin C. I like the time release. I am also a fan of zinc as there are many studies that zinc kills viruses, there are candies that have zinc too!

You can read the article here:

http://www.bestherbalhealth.com/amazing-believed-natural-cure-ebola-virus/

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Nice plan Whirly, but they will never do it until it’s way to late. Curious about your comment “Making sure peopke understand that too much bleach is just as bad as too little and doesn’t kill the bugs.” Chlorine destroys organic material, how would more of it not kill a virus?

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/bleach.asp

As I recall from a biohazard class, too much bleach causes the bug to close its figurative mouth and not drink in the deadly cocktail.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly, Thats good link. The problem with using to much bleach is strictly a safety issue for the users. It can cause chemical burns, and the vapor is hazardous. It will also wreak everything that is not a synthetic material.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Take it from me that too much bleach will cause a chemical burn. I had a nasty one last summer. I have a large octagonal gazebo 16’X 24″ that my son got married in last Sept. Before giving it a fresh coat of paint I needed to removed the black mold that had covered the ceiling. First I power washed it as best I could, then I used the sprayer with a strong bleach and algaecide solution. Where I went wrong was ignoring a little pinhole leak in the sprayer. It constantly sprayed a little stream of the solution into my hand as I held it up pointing at the ceiling, which then ran down the length of the backside of my arm. By time I realized what had happened I had been burned badly. The wound was horrifying to look at, my arm got infected and was swollen so badly I couldn’t bend it, and it took months for the wound to heal. I wore long sleeve shirts for the rest of the season so that nobody would see my arm. A valuable lesson was learned.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.