Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The CDC gave the Ebola a Level 1 is the highest on a 1-6 scale.
    This maybe a sign that they are seeing Ebola is evolving.

http://news.yahoo.com/cdc-issues-emergency-hands-call-ebola-response-222611995.html

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

EDIT: I found this on a CDC Fact Sheet
    Prevention
    The prevention of Ebola HF presents many challenges. Because it is still unknown how exactly people are infected with Ebola HF

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/resources/pdfs/Ebola-FactSheet.pdf

I’m having trouble believing the news on this. 100 medical personnel staff have died and they are trying to tell us that it is not extremely contagious. This is the PPE recommended by the CDC:
    All persons entering the patient room should wear at least:
    Gloves
    Gown (fluid resistant or impermeable)
    Eye protection (goggles or face shield)
    Facemask
    Additional PPE might be required in certain situations (e.g., copious amounts of blood, other body fluids, vomit, or feces present in the environment), including but not limited to:
    Double gloving
    Disposable shoe covers
    Leg coverings

If I was the safety manager for a company (and I was) and 100 of my employees died from improper PPE or procedures OSHA would put you in jail (they look for criminal negligence when 1 employee dies). What I see looking at pictures of medical staff involved with infected patients are people well prepared for non toxic atmospheres. There is no reason that 100 people should have died with the protection level they have been using if the PPE was for the proper exposure level.

Which means that it is not the right PPE. Not one of the pictures shows a person with a respirator designed for toxic atmospheres. Medical staff that have become ill are breathing the virus through the masks they are wearing because they are not sufficient to stop particles as small as a virus. They are not wearing the right breathing protection. Airborne contamination is the only thing that could present an exposure to these workers.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes I also do not believe what they are telling us. I believe that there maybe some Ebola that has developed into an airborne virus and they are not wanting to tell the public.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

If it has become airborne we are in big trouble. I suspect if it hasn’t, it’s only when not if for it to make the transition. From my meager understanding, that’s just the way a virus works.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think this is like trying to stop an ant colony from moving but not having anything to kill them.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The more I think about 100 people dying that were wearing recommended PPE and it proved to be totally ineffective evidenced by death, the more I believe the DCD and WHO are hiding important facts about this strain of EBLOA. The contagion level has to be really severe. Presumably these are trained doctors and nurses.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes there are many things here that do not add up. They are hiding something. I think it is airborne and it is getting though there PPE if they are not wearing them right. The doctor that was infected came wearing the PPE and still the people in the hospital that were walking with him were wearing PPE too! How bad is it?

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I do not know is it already airborne, but it make sense to prepare like it is. And also in situation like this it is always good thing to suspect in “official statements”.
    I am not saying that we need to be paranoid, but their job is to make us believe that everything will be OK, It how things are worked always.

Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

To be honest I worry about this type of problem way more than I should. I am a nurse, so I get exposed to all kinds of things before the patients tests come back positive and the PPE hits the floor. I don’t like how the CDC says a “large” outbreak is “unlikely” in the US, what do they consider “large”, pretty subjective language if you ask me. Also, why are they just now stopping travel? Seems like they could do a better job a containing the spread. Don’t think I actually added to conversation really, just expressing my worries I suppose.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

deblmm, It is good to hear what you think being a nurse you are the front line. You are right that the CDC is not being very clear. Please keep you eyes open to all that is going on around you.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Debimm, I don’t believe they have stopped travel, at least not to the USA.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.